WooHoo! I can afford a AMA Superbike

Thread: WooHoo! I can afford a AMA Superbike

WooHoo! I can afford a AMA Superbike

Now if I was only competetive riding it. Sigh.
    This is pretty funny. The AMA has made it such a PIA to homologate parts for SBK, looks like most companies didnt bother.
    The way the rules are written ALL Superbikes will be stock internals. Either a Bazzaz or PC and a M4 pipe. Only Marvic wheels and Galfer brake masters. Ohlins shocks (although not listed Penske has applied).
    Hmmmmmm what litre bike do I want
    http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=35321

Re: WooHoo! I can afford a AMA Superbike

now we cant use the excuse that they go faster cause they got faster bikes.
    but that does help alot of the very talented racers out there that didn't have the
    funds to compete at that level.

Face ... meet egg. (Again ...)

Realistically, I don't think they have set any deadline for getting parts homologated. The trouble with homologation is that it lets all your competitors know what you are doing and makes the parts available to them. I would expect a flurry of homologation activity a week before Daytona ...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Face ... meet egg. (Again ...)

Realistically, I don't think they have set any deadline for getting parts homologated. The trouble with homologation is that it lets all your competitors know what you are doing and makes the parts available to them. I would expect a flurry of homologation activity a week before Daytona ...
    According to the homologation form that I recieved from AMA the cutoff date is 30 days before the first event. That would be Feb 4/09 , so that leaves exactly three weeks today. Better move their a$$e$. I find the whole thing funny as hell. The two biggest complainers are the first two out. The same two complainers demaded aftermarket engine internals and were granted a homogation process for the same. Then they dont apply (if even for factory supported sattelite teams like Jordon or Erion)

Perhaps RoadracingWorld was right way back ...

The issue (with the factory teams) is not the rules. The issue is that they have to follow the rules.

If no sprockets are homologated, certain tracks would get rather interesting to ride.