Looking for someone to install my toys

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for someone to install my toys

Looking for someone to install my toys

I've been doing a lot of researching on the services different shops provide and have found many with great reputations and comments to support them. However, I seem to have trouble with finding a shop with great prices (specifically for labor).

I have a 2008 gsxr 600 and was hoping to find someone to install the following items for me come spring and would appreciate an estimate for the cost of labor.

1. Driven chain kit (front and rear sprockets with a new chain)
    2. ASV levers (both clutch and brake)
    3. Spiegler brake line (front and rear)
    4. Gilles rearsets
    5. BMC air filter (this can be thrown in when the airbox is open and should definately not take more than literally 5 seconds)
    6. Yoshimura r-55 full system
    7. Power Commander 5 (once I purchase it)
    8. Scorpio sr-i900 (this is a maybe)

If anybody can recommend any good shops that can put this together for me, please mention them or pm with a number.

Thanks!

Re: Looking for someone to install my toys

Quote Originally Posted by rodriguez View Post
    I've been doing a lot of researching on the services different shops provide and have found many with great reputations and comments to support them. However, I seem to have trouble with finding a shop with great prices (specifically for labor).

I have a 2008 gsxr 600 and was hoping to find someone to install the following items for me come spring and would appreciate an estimate for the cost of labor.

4. Gilles rearsets
    5. BMC air filter (this can be thrown in when the airbox is open and should definately not take more than literally 5 seconds)

If anybody can recommend any good shops that can put this together for me, please mention them or pm with a number.

Thanks!
    Me

4. Gilles rearsets
    You can come by my place, those things are fairly simple things. If you help out, it shouldn't take more than a two/three hours.

Never installed a Power Commander --> most are plug/play or a Alarm --> Plug/Play again , but it should be easy to figure out.

Save your coin, get a custom map done.

unless you're buying the auto-tune component, don't waste your money on the power commander.

Your Stock ECU is adjustable.

Im not a shop but I can install all of those for you, if you want to save some money on labor...

And where are you going to buy the PC5? As far as I know they are only available for Harleys at the moment...Do you have any info on other models?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Im not a shop but I can install all of those for you, if you want to save some money on labor...

And where are you going to buy the PC5? As far as I know they are only available for Harleys at the moment...Do you have any info on other models?
    I'm still waiting on the PC5. The only info I have on it is what's on the website and what people have to say about it. As for other models, I've heard that they will be releasing it for the gsxr either this week or sometime mid January. But I will be buying one as soon as it releases.

I sent you a pm Johnny

I'm still waiting on the PC5. The only info I have on it is what's on the website and what people have to say about it. As for other models, I've heard that they will be releasing it for the gsxr either this week or sometime mid January. But I will be buying one as soon as it releases.

I sent you a pm Johnny
    I just got a reply Email about a PC5 for my 09 ZX6R

"The new PCV for the 2009 model should be available and ready to ship within about a week"

So it shouldnt be too long now before they have all the 09 models

Just for the record, whoever thinks instaling Chain and sprockets, Brake lines, levers, rearsets, air filter, full exhaust syatem AND a power comander AND alarm system can be done in 2 or 3 hours is wacked!!!
    Good luck with this time frame! ha!
    (I would charge probly around 6-8hrs for sure)

The install and bleeding of brake lines and chain and sprockets will take 3 hrs by itself.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Scorpio alarm est. an hour if you get the wiring harness that goes with your bike.
    * It's about safety, stupid.

3 hrs i have seen it done johnny did my chain sprocket and front lines in under 3 hrs i will bet money on that...

if you have the right tools and u ain't a slacker 3 hrs you can have the motor out and put a new one in well it takes me 2 days cause i am a dog ****er.

it doesnt take 3 hours, but shops prob charge for 3 hours. A Chain swap is 1/2 labour, around $40---but really you can swap a chain in 10mins at most. Also have to account for the little things, the loctite, the brake fluid.

Shops do you have money you know...their running costs + the guy has to eat.

Thumbs up Re: Looking for someone to install my toys

If you have an angle grinder near you, then you can just cut the old chain off and toss it in the trash. You'll need to remove the front sprocket cover on the engine and then swap out the old sprocket for the new. Then you'll need to remove the rear wheel, so a bike stand would really help at this point! A bike stand on a bike bench will also help to work at a comfortable height. With air tools, you will be able to get the job done quicker, so working in a shop is better than doing it at the customers home (unless you have access to a compressor). Throw the rear sprocket on the rear wheel, attach it back on the bike but don't tighten the axle yet. Run the new chain and break it to length, then close it with the lock link. If the exhaust that's being upgraded is a full system, then you'll need to drop the lower fairing and be careful not to strip any of the header studs. You may also want to use new gaskets for this new exhaust. Swapping out the lines is quick, but be sure not to drip any brake fluid on any painted parts, unless you want to strip them of their paint. Bleeding the lines it the more time consuming part of this job. The levers should bolt on in a matter of minutes, unless they are made in China (then you may need to custom file them slightly)!!!LOL
    Air filter change means the fuel tank has to come off, not too long a job, but you do need to get that fuel tank right off! The rear sets are pretty much bolt on, but then you'll need to spend some time to adjust them just the way you like them! Power Commander is just plug and play, but the alarm might be either really easy, or really time consuming (depending on what exact model it is and if you have the correct wiring harness for your bike).
    In theory, it should all be pretty straight forward. But you may run into hang-ups like having to grind down or shave out holes/ mounts in parts.
    In either case, good luck..........

Banned

Talking Re: Looking for someone to install my toys

Take it to kneedragger.
    "A MECHANIC" not a backyard dreamer.
    "no offence to anyone"

You say some of the ........ neva mind

I think he made his decision already he is going to take it to j.p.....

If it were me, the discussion would begin and end with Robert at Pannon Motorsports.
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

JP is cheaper than any shop.

all the stuff you want done is something you can do over a afternoon....

Banned

Talking Re: Looking for someone to install my toys

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    JP is cheaper than any shop.

all the stuff you want done is something you can do over a afternoon....
    I wonder why ?

Quote Originally Posted by pablo cruz View Post
    I wonder why ?
    Cause Im a nice guy, and working on bikes doesnt pay the rent for my 12,000 sq/ft shop....So I do it for fun, and take a small amount of money for my time spent...

Everything he wants done Ive done 10 times before, on all different kinds of sportbikes...Its all bolt on stuff, which is simple work for me...

Its his choice, he can go anywhere he wants and pay whatever price I dont really care....Ive done work for other members in the past saving them some good money, and no one has been unhappy with my work. Ive even fixed problems that local shops couldnt fix, but still charged the customer $300 in labor for their time spent not fixing the bike...And if he has any doubts there are 7 bikes at my shop that I have personally built from the engine up, my custom work speaks for itself...When he asked for some kind of proof that I am capable of doing what he needs done, I sent him a picture of my 2009 ZX6R in its current state...Its getting everything he has listed and about $10,000 more in aftermaket parts and powder coat...

If I can handle totally disassembling a 09 bike that I dont even have the shop manual for, Im pretty confident that I can install a full system and some other bolt ons...

So just because you dont know how to work on your own bikes, and have to pay shop labor rates... Dont talk **** about me, you dont know me and you dont know what I can or cant do...

/Thread

that is all folks