"AMSOIL" lost me. - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "AMSOIL" lost me.

Re: "AMSOIL" lost me.

Canadian Tire was selling Amsoil for $14.99, which was up from $11.99

Quote Originally Posted by CB900F2 View Post
    Where did you see it for 19.99?....

If you look on their website they list the retail @ $11.05 US$, and their PC pricing would be less...

read the post made by mobius
    Quote Originally Posted by mobius
    in december the cost of raw materials went up by 19% for amsoil, expect the price to shoot up from everyone. people dont beleve me that my cost is higher than what the msrp shown on the catalog is, wich was printed several years ago.
    I dont know who it is that you are buying your oil from.

canadian tire is now 19.99,hey jonny,did you bang your head this week?

just razzing ya johnny,thanks for your input,i just thought that,during a time when everbody has lost there jobs.raising prices by 30to 40% cant help with sales.ive always said i would only use amsoil,now im open to suggestions.i dont think i will be the only one looking elsewhere.

cost on the 1L +tax+shipping runs a dealer now around $15. if you want, PM me and I can give you the info you need to register as a preferred customer and get dealer cost on everything with local pickup in mississauga if you dont want to spend on the shipping. crappytire has always had the highest price. I will have some product at the soar events, but I'll have to charge $20 tax included.

Went to CT this morning to get a few things and took a look at the oil section for the Amsoil, and it was listing for $19.99!!... OH MY GOD!... $80.00 for a 4 quart change!...

Who the heck is going to buy any oil at $19.99 a quart???

I was tempted to make a small mark on the bottle on the shelf, and then go back 2 years later and see if the same bottle is still there....

Quote Originally Posted by CB900F2 View Post
    Where did you see it for 19.99?....

If you look on their website they list the retail @ $11.05 US$, and their PC pricing would be less...

Certainly not amsoil for 20.00 a qt.

Exclamation Re: "AMSOIL" lost me.

crappy tire by my house (north brampton) has it for 11.99 or 12.99.

maybe they didnt change the price yet?

i'll double check tomorrow morning.

but this oil is being run in bikes??? with wet clutches?

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post

but this oil is being run in bikes??? with wet clutches?
    Careful. we're talking about this oil, CT SKU #28-1779-8 which is showing $19.99 online

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...romSearch=true
    * It's about safety, stupid.

"And it smells like Bananas"

SOLD!

Amsoil's car oil also went up. I went to get a few bottles for my subie and got surprised by the $4.00/litre increase. Screw that action. I think this may be "recession" related

ive always put amsoil in my bikes,would still like to use there product,but not at any cost.hopefully,enough people will stop using it,then the shirts and ties,at amsoil,might get there heads outa there *****,this is robbery.

I think this price increase is more than just Amsoil. I noticed the higher prices at CanTire but I also looked at the Mobil MX4T and it's price increased as well just as much (and it's more expensive than Amsoil by a buck a litre). It would be nice to see if anyone has checked the price at Royal Distributing lately (last was around $11/ltr).

I've been buying Kawasaki Full Synthetic 10W40 by the case for the last year or so. It works out to $7.62 per liter. I, too, was a diehard Amsoil fan, but when I bought my '05 Concours and changed the (standard dino) oil for the Amsoil, the transmission started to suck. Difficult shifts, and even missed shifts. I went searching for another synthetic, saw the Kawi oil was cheap, and tried it out. I first started using it in just the Concours and my DR650, but now I'm a convert, and use it in all my bikes. Plus, ya can't beat the price.

Quote Originally Posted by tonymorgan View Post
    I've been buying Kawasaki Full Synthetic 10W40 by the case for the last year or so. It works out to $7.62 per liter. I, too, was a diehard Amsoil fan, but when I bought my '05 Concours and changed the (standard dino) oil for the Amsoil, the transmission started to suck. Difficult shifts, and even missed shifts. I went searching for another synthetic, saw the Kawi oil was cheap, and tried it out. I first started using it in just the Concours and my DR650, but now I'm a convert, and use it in all my bikes. Plus, ya can't beat the price.
    wow that is a good price. How many litres in a case?

Quote Originally Posted by eye toke View Post
    a 1 litre bottle of 10w40 full synthetic.19.99.thats same bottle was 12.99 last summer. ive used amsoil in my bikes for 25 years. what are you using? im done with amsoil.need suggestions.
    its still for $11.99 at bovarid and mclauglin. This is the syn.oil.

Quote Originally Posted by johnp View Post
    Careful. we're talking about this oil, CT SKU #28-1779-8 which is showing $19.99 online

The OP is talking about regular oil (correct me) the 10w40 is regular synth.oil, not listed on their website.

I just checked the Canadian Tire website, $19.99, 20W-50.

This price spike could be a function of supply and demand. Given that we are in a Canadian winter when the motorcycle season is at its lowest, there is less "retail" demand for motorcycle oil so the inventory turnover ratio from sales is low. As a result, the cost of invested capital of product sitting on shelf space that does not clear becomes high. So price goes up in order to stock items that do not sell but still take up space and inventory costs. However, as demand increases again with the introduction of the 2009 motorcycle season in the Spring, quantity sales increase and price can come down as per-unit profit margins don't need to be high. That would be the logical explanation. Given the fact, specifically, that it is difficult to borrow money right now in tight credit market conditions, product that sits and doesn't sell quickly would be classified as "expensive". There are probably many products that have been put into this category; others probably sold at "clearance prices". Last year, the credit crunch was not here, so putting inventory on the shelf that did not sell was not an issue. By making the company leaner, this satisfies creditors to the extent that the franchise's inventory reflects market realities. Anti-Freeze or Motorcycle Oil... where would you want that money right now to work for you? But that's just theory.

I base my reasoning on the hard fact that my access to wholesale prices are way way below the $19.99 Canadian Tire list price. So I cannot understand why the price spike.

Wow!

Last edited by Easy_Rider; 01-13-2009 at 02:05 PM.

Thats some jump in price.....I just bought 3 jugs of XD-3 just in case the price goes up.....still the same so far! is amsoil really worth that price???? I would like to see some hard facts before spending $20 per L

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    wow that is a good price. How many litres in a case?
    This is for three four-liter jugs per case.

Quote Originally Posted by tonymorgan View Post
    This is for three four-liter jugs per case.
    is it not MOTUL that makes Kawasaki synthetic oil?