Jevco reviews

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jevco reviews

suni

Jevco reviews

Hi all,

i'm currently with Primmum and shopping around for better rates. I've only been insured 10months, however received a quote through a broker for Jevco in the amount of $910 ... that's $500 cheaper than I'm paying Primmum right now. Their quote includes comprehensive covered+the usual stuff and $250 deductible.

Anybody have any feedback about Jevco? Are they legit? Is there something they're not covering that they should be?

Re: Jevco reviews

I've been with jevco for about 6mos now, under the most basic liability. So I do hope they're legit! It was, by far, the cheapest insurer for me.

Never had to file a claim and haven't had popo call me out on insurance yet (knock on wood), so I can't really provide any feedback.

I've been with Jevco (via John Duffy Brokers) for the last few years, after my first year with kingsway. They have consitantly offerd me the best rate year after year (I compare every year).

I have never had to make a claim (knock on wood) so I cannot vouch for that part of the service.

Just make sure your quote is comparing apples to apples (look at your current coverage & get the same level quoted for. I assume this is for your renewal in 2 months.
    Chris
    Stoney Creek
    2008 KLR650+

Quote Originally Posted by suni View Post
    Anybody have any feedback about Jevco? Are they legit? Is there something they're not covering that they should be?
    If in doubt about a company's legitimacy you can check with the Financial Services Comission of Ontario by clicking the link here: http://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/english/li...edinsurers.asp

Jevco is a legitimate company, they are part of the Kingsway Financial Group of Companies. The insurance policy document is the same regardless of the company you go to. The only way to know for sure if the coverage is the same as what you have now is to compare what you have now, vs. what you're being quoted.

Avi
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

I have experience with Jevco and their claims process.

I have been insured with them for about 3 years now always on at least two bikes at any given time. They were $1200/yr cheaper than my previous company hence my switch to them...

In June 2006 I was in a head-on collision, where my bike was a write off and the other driver was deemed 100% at fault and charged w/careless... I suffered a broken dominant wrist (R) and some nice cuts that don't look so pretty.

Jevco, based out of La Belle Province had a company called Picano & Mustill (located in Bramladesh) as my claims adjudicators. They were fair to deal with. They were honest and I felt they did not try to get out of their obligations to me.

As a result of my claim, they paid for my 110 physiotherapy appointments (approx 2-3 times/week) at a cost of $88/treatment. They paid for any and all injury assessments and other reasonable and related medical costs.

They gave me fair value for my bike, and also replaced some items that were destroyed in the crash (clothing, helmet, tank bag etc). They also paid for me to get a personal trainer for a few sessions to develop some injury specific exercises. I am a gym rat but was welcoming some specific exercises to speed up my recovery. They offered to pay for my gym membership, but mine is free for life, so i didn't need it... They also paid for a few months of TTC metropasses when it was too snowy to ride (Jan/Feb/March).

I was off work for 10 months and as a result, Jevco paid for my income loss benefits at the mandated maximum of $400/week. After I returned to work, I was still doing weekly physio which they were paying for.

At the one year anniversary of my claim, they wanted to close the books on my case so they offered me a settlement of $1000 to wash their hands clean of me...

At this time, I did have lawyers (Thomson & Rogers - Darcy Merkur was my lawyer) that were representing my case with the other drivers insurance company (Bel Air) and when I mentioned this to them, they told me not to accept it. They then negotiated with Jevco and got me somewhere around $10k instead...

So they moral of the story is... they treated me fairly. I understand that they are in this business to make money and not to make payments, so they will of course be a bit hesitant to make payments unless they know they they are obliged to. I had my stuff in order and made every attempt to return to work in a timely fashion and heal quickly.

They are still my insurer for my bikes and continue to be cheaper than my alternatives..

Cheers and ride safe..
    www.shanekingsley.com - House (and jungle) Music All Night Long

The Big Map of Ontario's Best Roads.

what shanekingley has to be the best review I have ever read on this site.

Thanks
    Chris
    Stoney Creek
    2008 KLR650+

Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    what shanekingley has to be the best review I have ever read on this site.

Thanks
    ++1
    Amen! Hallelujah! Peanut Butter!
    Current Ride - 89 Katana 600

Thanks and glad you found it helpful.

For those wishing to be with Jevco, I think they may only offer services through a broker, so you may want to check with one if that's something good for you. Through them I have had the following bikes insured at very reasonable rates: CB450, Virago 1100, Ninja 1000, VFR 750, KLR 650, and a V-Strom DL650.

Second, as a side note, I thought I'd share with you the approximate costs (that I am aware of) that Jevco had to pay as a result of this claim. Because I do rather physical work for a living and work as part of a small team, a broken hand hurts the team and renders me useless until I heal. Income loss benefits and my tort claim against the defendants insurance company comprised a significant amount the final amount...

Motorcycle write-off (1982 Honda 450) - $1210
    Gear and Accesories replacement: $450 (was only wearing t-shirt, shorts, running shoes and 3/4 helmet)
    Miscellaneous and Medical Expenses incl. TTC - $600
    Physiotherapy (110 x $88 ) - $9680
    Physiotherapy Assessments (3 x $100) - $300
    Other Medical Assessments (4 x $100) - $400
    Income Loss Benefits ($400/week x 40) - $16000
    Final Payout - $10000

Total - $38,640

This total obviously does not include the fees to hire out a third part adjudicator, back and forth dealings with my lawyers, and the many behind the scenes costs that someone like me is completely not aware of.

The other insurance company was successfully negotiated with and I received a fair settlement from them as well.

Total cost of my accident is well over $200k on behalf of both Insurer's. And this was not a very serious accident. It was not good, but in the grand scheme of things it was not that bad.

The person that hit me was a 23 yr old guy on his way to a soccer game with his teammates and just happened to make a mistake. I'm glad neither he nor I had to pay this bill.

Cheers and ride safe
    www.shanekingsley.com - House (and jungle) Music All Night Long

The Big Map of Ontario's Best Roads.

suni

Thanks Shane for the detailed review... and for everyone else who piped in.

I'll wait till i complete 12 months with Primmum and then switch to Jevco through John Duffy. I'll likely have a penalty for early cancellation, but I figure that will still be a significant saving for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by suni View Post
    Thanks Shane for the detailed review... and for everyone else who piped in.

I'll wait till i complete 12 months with Primmum and then switch to Jevco through John Duffy. I'll likely have a penalty for early cancellation, but I figure that will still be a significant saving for the year.
    Why would you be penalized if you wait a year? Most people are pre paid to their expiry date, that is when it makes the most sense to switch.
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

thanks for the feedback shanekingsley. feels pretty good to be w/ jevco now.

Why is this so dramatic?! lol

I'm also with Jevco
    • Pay up front for full year
    • Competitive Rates
    • Low premium ($250)
    Haven't dealt with claims process
    *gasp*

Shane thats reassuring. Ive been with jevco ( john duffy) for years never made a claim( touch wood) Nice to know they will be there in some capacity if the need arises

Shane's experience is typical of most insurance companies . . . people grumble about the premiums that they have to pay, because they feel they will never need to use their insurance . . . accidents happen to "other" people. But as Shane pointed out, he is pretty happy that he had the policy to take care of him when he needed it. Thanks for posting that up.

I have also made a claim through Jevco on my first bike, a Ninja 250, that was written off in a not-at-fault accident. Jevco was MUCH more than fair to me in the settlement . . . they gave me more than I ever expected!

Jevco is legit, and is the largest motorcycle insurer in Canada. No worries!

+1 for Jevco. I have good rates - $650 for full year on my sv650. Can't complain.
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

Hello Everyone.

Will be starting to ride this year and the cheapest I got is with Jevco also about $750 for 09 ninja 250. My only concern is that the broker told me that I can only pay cash?!?

Thanks, Anthony

My only complaint is they took over a month to get me my pink slip.
    x

I was with Jevco but I have changed over to Statefarm. Jevco can't even come close to Statefarm's rates. Jevco wanted more than three times the amount of what Statefarm was offering for my 08CBR1000. I pay $1200.00 per year with full coverage.

Im going on my first year with Jevco, and am very pleased.
    24 y/o G1M2 first year rider 04' 250 Ninja. Never insured before and no driving experience. I called every insurer I could get a hold of and Jevco beat the best rate I found by about $ 1300.00
    Im paying $1600.00 a year and that will go down to $1100.00 after I complete my first year this August, and then I will hit 25 so itll drop again.
    Thats all perils coverage. Never had to make a claim hope I never will.
    Everyone reccomended state farm but I dont have my G license so they wouldnt talk to me...

So far A + for Jevco

This may be a dumb question but is there any other tax or administration fee ontop of the insurance rate?