SOAR - who's going to be there?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SOAR - who's going to be there?

SOAR - who's going to be there?

After meeting a few people at both of the bike show's I am curious to know who i's going to be on the grids and what are you riding?

I will be there in BOTT - middleweight on my SV650. Bike is not quite ready yet, but it doesn't need much.

Who else is in?

Re: SOAR - who's going to be there?

im there- SV also

Doing some. Nice and close. SV
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

As of now, just doing the endurance with Chintoe on the SV. Looking to pick up something for lost era, or finish my RZ for running in whatever class time permits.
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/306/signaturelj4.jpg

I was talking to a few riders from south of the border that will also be riding SV's in SOAR. Looks like there will be a few of us.

If anyone needs a team-mate for the endurance races, I'd be happy to crash your bike for you.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    If anyone needs a team-mate for the endurance races, I'd be happy to crash your bike for you.
    I know a guy that will be running the first endurance round, and up til this point he does not have a team mate. If he wants his bike crashed, I'll let you know.

I won't crash for him... but if he needs the motor grenaded, I'm your man.

I'll be in Novice 600 with a Gixxer
    SOAR Novice #113

me, novice 600 on a zx.

What lap times do you guys that are entering novice run at TMP?

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    What lap times do you guys that are entering novice run at TMP?
    cherrypicker!

Before the whole Novice/Amateur debate starts
    SOAR has two license divisions NOVICE and EXPERT, this is done to bring us in line with US orgs. Actually 95% of orgs. RACE is the only org I know that has Novice/Amateur/Pro licenses. I wish they had called their beginner class something different.
    If you are Amateur with RACE you are Novice with us.
    If you are Pro with RACE you are Expert with us.
    We have a Rookie Challenge thats geared towards riders with 5 weekends or less of experience. BTW the winner of the Rookie Series will carry our Novice #1 Plate for 2010.
    Just for fun and because we can. There is going to be alot of this kind of thing with SOAR, we are all about fun. We are also going to have a revolving purse class. This will be a paid purse for every round except it will be paid randomly. we will draw a class outta a hat at Sat riders meeting and that weekend that class will get paid. This will give someone who normally would never get a purse cheque a chance to get a cheque. Again because we can. SOAR is not my income I do this to give back and for my own fulfillment I dont need to make five cents doing this.
    We have a top level National pro rider who as volunteered to convert his 2008 GSXR1000 SBK to a two up and give rides for charity. As soon as we get the insurance blessing we will annnounce more on this.
    All class winners are invited to do a lap of honour with the checkered after a win.
    We will NOT be cutting laps. If we need to run late we will to accomadate racers. If you pay for a race you will get a full race.
    We will not be renting the track in the evenings, this means no hard curfew and maybe even a track walk like days of old.
    Thanks for the overwhelming support and I am so excited about the upcoming season. We are going to have a blast.

in that case. those of you that are going to be in the rookie series, what sorts of laptimes have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by mobius View Post
    in that case. those of you that are going to be in the rookie series, what sorts of laptimes have you done?
    I have no idea what I've run at TMP. If you're at the first practice weekend you can time me. Bring a sundial
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/306/signaturelj4.jpg

for me its pro superbike, or beginer on a moded cbr1000rr
    my lap times now are 1 16.12(only on my buddys stop watch so i have no proof but all my times were in the 1 16s so it should be close) but im sure they will drop with a rabbit to chase.
    if anybody needs a partner for the endurance race let me know.

Ken can you post up some time ranges for the expected classes so that we can have an idea where we best fit in.

ex: 600
    Rookie: 1:22 - 1:35
    Novice: 1:16 - 1:21
    Expert: 1:15 - 1:08

BOTT ???
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Ken can you post up some time ranges for the expected classes so that we can have an idea where we best fit in.

ex: 600
    Rookie: 1:22 - 1:35
    Novice: 1:16 - 1:21
    Expert: 1:15 - 1:08

BOTT ???
    novice 1 16 hahaahahah. me and ross milson were pushing 2 wheel slides to get into the 1 16.
    1:08 what are you in a car or shifter kart?
    most pretty fast guys are in the 1 18s-1 19s
    Last edited by freedomfighter; 01-07-2009 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    novice 1 16 hahaahahah. me and ross milson were pushing 2 wheel slides to get into the 1 16.
    1:08 what are you in a car?
    Like I said it was an example of the breakdown i'd like to see, I have no clue what a good time is...
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Like I said it was an example of the breakdown i'd like to see, I have no clue what a good time is...
    no problem dude i was just giving you examples.