SOAR - who's going to be there? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SOAR - who's going to be there?

Re: SOAR - who's going to be there?

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Just razzin' man, already have asked certain vendors if they plan on attending.

I only had one coffee today...cut me some slack

Quote Originally Posted by chintoe View Post
    I only had one coffee today...cut me some slack
    I had too many... and one with Baileys
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

So do we have anybody as on official SOAR bodywork provider? I'd like to have somebody on race weekends that can do a quick over night/track-side repair...
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    So do we have anybody as on official SOAR bodywork provider? I'd like to have somebody on race weekends that can do a quick over night/track-side repair...
    unless you're a factory race team, this isn't going to happen, at ANY price

Thats what duct tape, zip ties, and safety wire are for. You have a month between rounds to get it repaired properly, if the tape and ties bother you (or the tech guy).
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/306/signaturelj4.jpg

I spoke to Ryan Gill earlier today and he plans to offer Suspension services at the track.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    I spoke to Ryan Gill earlier today and he plans to offer Suspension services at the track.
    That's Great News. Maybe Ryan can get my bike tweaked so I don't get lapped too much.

Don't worry Dave, I always keep Fiberglass Resin and Cloth in my toolbox.

Who are the Race tire suppliers in Ontario. I know for Dunlop it's Pro6 and Orion does Pirelli . Who does Bridgestone and Metzler ?

i will be there.
    not sure i want to be laying up fiberglass at the track..
    so you might want to have a spare set just in case..i give deals if you buy more then one set at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    Who are the Race tire suppliers in Ontario. I know for Dunlop it's Pro6 and Orion does Pirelli . Who does Bridgestone and Metzler ?

Metzler is Orion as well(pirelli product) Bridgestone is Dave Bissonette at Ripp Racing

www.rippracing.com

Michelin is Kennedy Motorsports: http://www.kennedymotorsports.com

Kevin @ Orion (Pirelli) has committed to do the series as well as sponsors the Novice SBK
    Dave @ RIPP (Bridgestone) has indicated he will be there
    Wayne @ Kennedy (Michelin) took the info at the last show and indicated he will work with us as well.
    Tony @ Blue Streak (Continential) will also be there and sponsors the Novice 600 Extreme
    John@ Bickle Racing will be there doing leathers and warmers as well as track safety and sponsors the Form 2 stroke class
    VP Race Fuels is on site
    John@ Accelerated Technologies has said he wants to be there pending scheduling
    Ryan Gill aparantly wants to be there as well doing suspension per Reciprocity
    Frank Wood and Lindsay Thompson will likely be doing the announcing with a possible guest appearance by Pat Gonzales here and there
    Scott@ Scorpion Helmets will also have a role with both SOAR as well as TMP
    Scott Rupert will be converting is 08 GSXR SBK to two up and giving rides to raise money for charity during lunch breaks
    Paul@ GTAM and I are talking about a way to have parade laps during lunch breaks for RFS support

The only major tire manufacturer I have no agreement with is Sandy @ Pro6 (Dunlop). Now that said Brad was trying to work something out at the first show but now with their committment at Calabogie he is spread pretty thin. I cant imagine that he would want to give up market share right in his own back yard but thats their call.With all the spec tire stuff going on I cant imagine any tire company wanting to ignore a open market.

I want to say these people represent only vendors we also have outstanding support throughout the industry. With most approaching us asking how they can be involved. We are OEM starved but so is everyone else at the moment, however we have a few irons still in the fire and hopefully some will pan out. It is alot to expect for vendors and companies to commit to a series in its inagural year. However most of these people and I have a personal longtime relationship with , that will go along way to foster a good working relationship that will benefit all involved.

If anyone has a particular vendor that you would like to see at SOAR events please tell them. Or shoot me an email SOARacing@gmail.com or info@SOARacing.ca and I will aproach them on your behalf. I feel that the season is shaping up nicely. Hopefully we can continue to move forward. I am certain that we will have some hiccups along the way but please know that the SOAR team is working hard behind the scenes to make them as small and insignificant as possible.

great info Ken. Thanks.

Don't worry Dave, I always keep Fiberglass Resin and Cloth in my toolbox.
    I will have some stuff with me as well. I will also be available for body/paintwork between rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by chintoe View Post
    I will have some stuff with me as well. I will also be available for body/paintwork between rounds.
    Sweet deal, looks like I won't have any problem getting help then.
    Winter's killing me right now, I just wanna get out riding already!
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    not sure i want to be laying up fiberglass at the track..
    Less fallout there than having the Wife coming home to the lovely arouma of fiberglass resin wafting from the laundry room

Good to see all the sponsors lining up,, I'm a firm believer in supporting those who support the sport.. Now we just need a Rookie Tire Sponsor Good opportunity to get Rookies on your tires and develop those long term relationships

Now we just need a Rookie Tire Sponsor
    There are 2 already MasterCard and VISA. They love the relationship arrangement.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.