Airport road up to Wasaga

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airport road up to Wasaga

CTRLcat

Airport road up to Wasaga

Only done it in my car. Come summer, I'm sure I'll want to be making plenty of trips up there for the first time on my bike (don't have it yet... i'm newbie). Airport road has so many twists, turns, hills etc. I'm sure it's fun for experienced riders, but should I even bother attempting the ride during my first summer riding?
    I'm planning on getting a 600cc bike... R6, CBR... and I'm about 120 lbs.. getting my licence early April. People are telling my I should only practice during the summer and not make any big, long crazy trips quite yet.
    Can I do this? Should I? hahahaha....

Re: Airport road up to Wasaga

Any road is doable if you take it slow enough. Wasaga is only a stone's throw away. Go for it and remember to bring a beach towel!

Love that road... and rode it plenty of times. Just take it ez and you'll be fine. Watch out for the flashing lights
    ~~I rather be riding my bike & thinkin of GOD than sitting in Gurdwara thinkin of my bike!!

03 SV1000s
    02 SV650s
    02 SV650s project - LF: any parts. PM pls. Thnx!
    Sold 2001 Ninja 500r

airport road is pretty much straight the entire way, it just goes up and down, not side to side

CTRLcat

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    airport road is pretty much straight the entire way, it just goes up and down, not side to side
    Yes, i know it's straight with hills most of the way, I remember there are one or two somewhat tight/steep curbs on Airport which really stood out.

Ride any road you want CAT and enjoy. Just take things easy at first and you will be fine. Let me know when you want to go i'll lead the way .

HEAT SCORE!!!!! Keep your speed in check!
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

There are plenty of awesome country roads going that way.
    Airport road is a nice road to take going to Owen Sound.

Just a piece of advise...since ur not a big tall girl as i can see. From experience...try the 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250 to start. It is a light, easy to ride and you will learn a lot before going to a bigger bike.

The 2008 & 09 Yamaha r6 is a pretty, but you might consider the 2007,08 or 09 CBR 600 since the seat height is lower.

Good luck and have fun.
    take it ez

2006 CBR1000rr

airport rd is ok.

after having been on it about 1,000 times......its nothing really too exciting.

but yes....watch your speed. those hills you mention....perect spot for radar.

have fun. !!!.

Watch for Beach Bum Runs to Wasaga in ""Rides and Hookups"" come the summer...

Airport is boring, but there are routes and rides that go to Wasaga the fun roads...

Like already said be careful on airport for the police, but it's a pretty boring road I've gone ripping up it a bunch of times just because but it's not a great road.

I've done airport road on the way back from wasaga with paulf2k, it was relaxing, nothing out of the ordinary.

I didn't see any cops but people keep saying that there are cops there.

Yeah there are some nice roads goin to wasaga, airport road is just a good way to get to them i do like 7-8 wasaga rides every year . Just be looking every long weekend in the rides and hookup section. Happy holidays

That is one area I plan on avoiding with the bike due to all the popo down there. I come in that way to guelph 1-2 times a month and I usually see 3 or 4 cops from the 400 to guelph and always someone pulled over there.

Caledon OPP = pr*cks watch out for the dark grey unmarked

There's also a lot of accidents on the road as people like to pass on the hills.

I'm personally a fan of the alternate route to Wasaga off the 400, there's signs indicating it but I forget which exit it is. It'll take you through Minesing up to #26, through Edenvale and then into Staynor. You can also go the less busy back way into Wasaga if you go north on #10 at Sunnidale Corners to #92 which runs along the beach. I've been traveling this way for the last 13 years and not once have I ever seen the police cough*speed speed speed* cough but with my luck someone's caught on and this year will be the year.
    There are some thing's better left unsaid, but you can bet your sweet a** I'm going to say them anyway.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by GP_RZ View Post
    Caledon OPP = pr*cks watch out for the dark grey unmarked
    That's not a nice way to talk about TS's Buddy He's got a thing for Newfies on SV's

There's Lots of nice roads in the area,, Airport really is only for getting to them.. Fridays and Sundays = Heatscore

Airport.RD is a nice ride both up and down. Very nice scenery, take it easy and you will be fine.

Definitely watch out going in and out of Caledon it drops down to like 50 and theres an OPP station right there. I got pulled over there once in the cage, but the officer was nice enough to let me off.

Once you get more comfortable with riding. The JOY of the area comes from zigzagging between Airport Rd and Hwy 10 and Airport Rd and Hwy 24.
    You eventually end up in Wasaga but it takes a bit of extra time and a lot of smiles doing it.