Just or Unjust-Isreal invasion of Gaza - Page 3

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Just or Unjust-Isreal invasion of Gaza

Re: Just or Unjust-Isreal invasion of Gaza

I vote to nuke the whole region and turn it into a park where dinosaurs roam wild!

Quote Originally Posted by Royson View Post
    I vote to nuke the whole region and turn it into a park where dinosaurs roam wild!

Nah.. Nukes will affect everyone, especially neighbouring countries. Just drop endless amounts of cluster bombs, but after you have covered the region in land mines.

But +1 for the dinosaurs..
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

This is getting even more crazy..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,476866,00.html

"European Jews Attacked in Response to Gaza Conflict"

Sorry for the ridiculous link rw24l...
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

As much as my heart goes out to the innocent Palestinian people I can't help but blame HAMAS for this action.

On one side you have a group who acknowledges the right of the other to exist. The Israeli government has explored the idea of a Palestinian state, and has granted autonomy to the Palestininan governments. Palestinian governments over the years have squandered hundreds of MILLIONS of dollars in aid that could have built up the infrastructure and sowed the seeds for a new state. I'd have a tight grip on the Gaza border if I knew people who wanted me dead were smuggling weapons in.

Hamas doesn't recognize Israel. They want nothing more than to wipe it off the map. They openly use violence and have no quarrel killing their own people. Even their occupation of Gaza was illegal. They hide in schools, mosques, hospitals and when the IDF takes them out, they're the first ones to scream MASSACRE!!!!

My solution is simple:

- Two states with a big UN peacekeeping force inbetween.
    - Full recognition of Israel by every country in the world
    - Outlaw HAMAS and other terrorist groups in the Palestinian country with a full UN mandate to track down and kill them within Palestinian borders if they act up.
    - Jeurusalem run by a UN council made up of Israeli, Palestinian and Global representatives with guaranteed religous freedom for all residents and visitors.
    - Joint Palestinian-Israel anti-terrorist police force to combat extremists on both sides of the border
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

That's not a bad idea Mat2312..

- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Argyle View Post
    This is getting even more crazy..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,476866,00.html

"European Jews Attacked in Response to Gaza Conflict"

Sorry for the ridiculous link rw24l...
    Radical Islam at it's finest
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackenese View Post
    Sean Hannity?? is that you??
    lol...
    that was actually witty...

Quote Originally Posted by mat2312 View Post
    My solution is simple:

- Outlaw HAMAS and other terrorist groups in the Palestinian country with a full UN mandate to track down and kill them within Palestinian borders if they act up.
    - Jeurusalem run by a UN council made up of Israeli, Palestinian and Global representatives with guaranteed religous freedom for all residents and visitors.
    - Joint Palestinian-Israel anti-terrorist police force to combat extremists on both sides of the border
    mat2312, like your way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by mat2312 View Post

My solution is simple:

I agree... HAMAS is equal to blame for sure.

I would love to see the UN force its way between the 2 countries/regions (whatever you want to call it).
    I don't see how recognizing Israel as a country will change anything. All the important (to israel anyways) countries already do. Even if the middle east does, it wouldn't change anything.

I like your last 2 ideas...
    that would be great

experimental_pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    I would love to see the UN force its way between the 2 countries/regions (whatever you want to call it).
    Of course you would like to see that, because you wouldn't be one of the soldiers standing in between! and Angus sure wouldn't be caught dead there either.

some perspective from a military man who's been there

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...alComment/home

Andrew - Scarberia

Quote Originally Posted by experimental_pilot View Post
    Of course you would like to see that, because you wouldn't be one of the soldiers standing in between! and Angus sure wouldn't be caught dead there either.
    Darn tootin...

- Thomas Jefferson

so you would rather let them continue to kill each other?
    You realize if you sign up for the UN you know you'd be doing that type of work..

its not like you sign up and they spring it on you... "oh by the way... the job is dangerous"

I just find it funny that when HAMAS fires the rockets from where the supposed people live that have nothing to do with it, where were the protesters against HAMAS downtown then???

If you cast the first stone refering to this lastest incident then don't you expect to have something thrown back at you??

As for the number of people being killed on one side or the other, well HAMAS fires from the populated area's not the other way round. So would not them make it HAMAS responsible for their people being killed?? Or do you blame the ones reacting to what HAMAS started again refering only to this lastest incident.

Must be nice to start something and when "your" people pay the price for it blame those that hit back.

experimental_pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    so you would rather let them continue to kill each other?
    You realize if you sign up for the UN you know you'd be doing that type of work..

its not like you sign up and they spring it on you... "oh by the way... the job is dangerous"
    No, I would rather let Israel continue doing exactly what they're to those terrorist bastards.

-You do not 'sign up for the UN'. That statement pretty much sums up your knowledge of this subject.

-My main point in my original comment is that you and Angus; Anti-War type people are cowards. You would never put your life on the line in the name of making peace.

All I can say is that Israel is the 51st state of the USA. If they bomb innocent folks, it’s called liberation. When anyone else does it, its terrorism. As of now, they have no support throughout the world. Even the US has called for the ceasefire.

Quote Originally Posted by Irocian View Post
    I just find it funny that when HAMAS fires the rockets from where the supposed people live that have nothing to do with it, where were the protesters against HAMAS downtown then???

If you cast the first stone refering to this lastest incident then don't you expect to have something thrown back at you??

As for the number of people being killed on one side or the other, well HAMAS fires from the populated area's not the other way round. So would not them make it HAMAS responsible for their people being killed?? Or do you blame the ones reacting to what HAMAS started again refering only to this lastest incident.

Must be nice to start something and when "your" people pay the price for it blame those that hit back.
    The fact that ordinary Palestinians have not turned on Hamas shows that Hamas has the will of the people. They are also a constitutionally elected party. The Palestinians CHOSE to support Hamas. The people are a part of the armed struggle.

You have to give them credit for it. If a bunch of US backed Zionist Jews came into Toronto and kicked us out, put us in refugee camps in Kitchener/Waterloo and built a concrete wall around us, do you think we would struggle with the same tenacity and diligence??

No, I would rather let Israel continue doing exactly what they're to those freedom fighters.

-You do not 'sign up for the UN'. That statement pretty much sums up your knowledge of this subject.

-My main point in my original comment is that you and Angus; Anti-War type people are too smart to fight in that type of war. You would put your life on the line in the name of freeing your people.
    Fixed.

You don't know me. If another nation invaded Canada and killed my friends and family, you better be damn sure I would pick up a gun. Would I lay my life on the line to make peace between Isreal and Palestine - no. Would you leave your family to do that?

Being anti war doesn't make someone a coward.
    Last edited by Angus Argyle; 01-06-2009 at 04:18 PM.

- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Royson View Post
    It's funny how we think this is our land to dictate whatever we want. Just when did we have rights to tell how people in other lands live? I guess the NAZI regime didn't really die out. Just morphed into what we all the USA. And bringing democracy is another excuse of invading any land anywhere?

No, I would rather let Israel continue doing exactly what they're to those terrorist bastards.

-My main point in my original comment is that you and Angus; Anti-War type people are cowards. You would never put your life on the line in the name of making peace.
    do you know me?
    ofcourse I don't know anything about the UN... why would I?
    You're equally ignorant if you think the UN doesn't do work like this. Why the hell would you become a peacekeeper? to see the world?

how does letting this continue solve anything? they've been going at it since the start.

and you're right... anti-war means you're a coward..
    and if you're not riding a 1000cc at 300 km/h you're not a real rider
    Last edited by Fingolfin; 01-06-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: i shouldn't have called him an idiot