Envy Rides....No thanks - Page 3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Envy Rides....No thanks

Re: Envy Rides....No thanks

Well, it's already been said, but I'll reiterate that any business with a "haters" page that openly mocks dissatisfied customers, is unprofessional, at the very least. Serious people doing serious business just don't act that way. Instead of making fun of their customers they might want to see if they can learn from some of these complaints.

I'm not saying the complaints are fair or justified, just that an unsatisfied customer represents an opportunity to look at your business and improve it. At least for serious businesses.

And I think this concept of "The customer is always right" is so widely misinterpreted. The expression doesn't mean that the customer is in fact, always correct, or reasonable, or acting fairly. What the expression means, is that the customer has the power, because they have the money and they make the purchase decision, so they are therefore "always right". In the same sense that "The boss is always right", or "The government is always right", or "The policeman is always right". Saying that the customer is always right, doesn't mean that you are wrong, it only means that the only way to run a successful business is to please as many customers as possible. Having the attitude that you can somehow prove that your customers are wrong and unreasonable, by exposing them on a website, however vindicated it will make you feel, will only lead to the end of your business in the long run.

--- D

For every customer that doenst like the haters page, there is 5 more that dont give a **** about whats on their website.....Me and 2 friends just bought 3 09's from them before Christmas, that was $40,000 cash in bike sales in one day.

Dont count them out just yet, they are still selling bikes, gear, and service every day. Even with the haters page....No shop is for everyone, and just cause you dont like their business style, doesnt mean they wont survive....

Just go somewhere else that suits you

I dont get why having the "haters" page is such a big deal. We rip on guys and gals who give inane and stupid reviews 90% of the time here. Also it seems that each and every negative review they post up has a response that gives either an explaination or their side of things. Isnt that the common motif here when someone posts a negative review...the other side of the story?
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by HyoSilver View Post
    I dont get why having the "haters" page is such a big deal. We rip on guys and gals who give inane and stupid reviews 90% of the time here. Also it seems that each and every negative review they post up has a response that gives either an explaination or their side of things. Isnt that the common motif here when someone posts a negative review...the other side of the story?
    It's not a big deal, it's how they choose to run their business. I think it just shows poor business sense and professionalism.

We rip on guys and gals because this is an internet forum and we aren't trying to sell stuff to them. I tend not to rip on people here anyway, but I certainly wouldn't rip on them if I was trying to get them to give me money. Their responses to customers go well beyond providing the other side of the story. Their responses are usually even more sarcastic and insulting than the complaints are. It's childish stuff, really.

A rule of thumb for me is that if I see someone ridiculing, mocking, or showing disrespectful or bullying behaviour to someone, I steer clear. Because it might seem cool, funny, or justified when the behaviour is directed at someone else, but one day this company will let you down, and when you voice your dissatisfaction, you won't be treated any differently.

Good customer service is evident in how companies treat dissatisfied customers. It's easy to have a great relationship when everything goes well. Much harder (and much more important) to have a great relationship when something goes wrong.

--- D

Quote Originally Posted by HyoSilver View Post
    Its only a big deal for some people, Im a high school drop out....And I run a family business with my dad and my sister...My sister never took business in school but she handles all the office and admin stuff. If some proper business man with a fancy degree looked at how we run our company, they would probably say were going out of business too...Yet weve been in business for 10 years now.....I dont have a haters page, but if I dont want your business I just tell my sister to mark up your quote 200%....And yes there are certain people whos business I dont want.....So no the customer is not always right

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Its only a big deal for some people, Im a high school drop out....And I run a family business with my dad and my sister...My sister never took business in school but she handles all the office and admin stuff. If some proper business man with a fancy degree looked at how we run our company, they would probably say were going out of business too...Yet weve been in business for 10 years now.....I dont have a haters page, but if I dont want your business I just tell my sister to mark up your quote 200%....And yes there are certain people whos business I dont want.....So no the customer is not always right
    There's a BIG difference between advertising a haters page and marking up a quote to deter problem customers. Clearly you know enough about business to have figured that out....

--- D

I have had no issues with Envy. I purchased a bike for my wife from them in Septemeber 2008 and they negotiated with me in good faith and I got a fair price (same as Brampton Suzuki).

Was the transaction perfect - no - but it was very good.

I also purchased a lot of gear for my wife from them. They had reasonable pricing. Royal is a little cheaper but they will price match.

I do not like the haters page. I should be able to express my opinion without it being posted on their page. I would remove that if I were them.

They are certainly as better than most, they may not be as good as others. I would buy from them again if they were equally comeptitive and wanted to earn my business.

Greg

Milton Ontario

2012 ZX14R
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Quote Originally Posted by Duster929 View Post
    There's a BIG difference between advertising a haters page and marking up a quote to deter problem customers. Clearly you know enough about business to have figured that out....

--- D
    Not really I just know how to work with my hands well, customer service isnt really my thing. And I only get into it when I have too...I just know there are certain peoples business I dont want, I once had an older man ask me "Is there anyone else I can speak to, I dont like dealing with young people" I replyied "No there isnt Im the only person that does the CNC programming here, and I dont like dealing with old people either"...."Sorry I cant understand your sketch, you drew for me on Timmies napkin"...

Right or wrong Im not sure and I dont really care, he was a one time customer with a bad attitude...I have 100 other customers that treat me with respect and they get the same in return....Hell we just spend over $2000 on Chrismass baskets for our preffered customers...

I'll ask the owner next time Im there about his opinon about the hater page, I know hes not the one that put it up and he told me before he doesnt read the internet much...There are other people that work for him that handle that...
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 01-07-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Banned

I think most ppl are missing your point Johnny.

Bike shops are like flavors of ice cream. Go find a shop that is your flavor and enjoy yourself.

Envy seems to have their own style (have not been yet) just as if you walk into a Ferrari dealership vs. a Ford dealership. I am quite sure the MUTUAL expectations are quite different.

I always wonder for the amount of people that complain especially about trivial things, how many of them will be on bike next year.

Quote Originally Posted by KawiZuki View Post
    I think most ppl are missing your point Johnny.

Bike shops are like flavors of ice cream. Go find a shop that is your flavor and enjoy yourself.

Envy seems to have their own style (have not been yet) just as if you walk into a Ferrari dealership vs. a Ford dealership. I am quite sure the MUTUAL expectations are quite different.

I always wonder for the amount of people that complain especially about trivial things, how many of them will be on bike next year.
    Yeah, I guess you're right, some shops see themselves as flavours of ice cream that people choose based on their taste or flavour, with the "if you don't like my flavour, you can leave" mentality.

I don't really see my business as a flavour of ice cream, so I try to figure out what my customers want from me and offer it to them the best I can. If I can't satisfy a customer, and it happens, I have to accept that, but no one is more disappointed about it than me.

In most businesses, the seller has to chase the buyer, trying to offer the most appealing "flavour". For some reason the same doesn't hold true in motorcycle shops.... or maybe it does, given the closures in recent years. Cycle World had a flavour that some people liked. Ditto for McBrides. Maybe Envy's "flavour" will be to everyone's liking and they'll be around for 20 years. I've bought stuff from them, but I don't trust them enough for them to be my go-to shop.

--- D

Quote Originally Posted by HyRyze View Post
    I think this "Wall of haters" is pretty stupid.... most peoples' complaints are legitimate.
    I doubt that the OP, or even a majority of the unsatisfied customers, had intentions of just bad-mouthin the store. It's kinda ridiculous how they try to deal with these things.
    If you're a salesperson and don't give a **** about the service you provide, fine... you'll face the consequences... but if you're the owner or manager, it's unprofessional and dumb to basically tell people off. I mean, it's your business and you have a huge stake in it, yet you can't grasp the simple fact that your business is so dependent on happy, repeat customers. HA!
    Like someone mentioned, they'll just follow suit and fail miserably.

I haven't been to Envy, but based on the negative reviews I've read, I don't plan on ever going to that place. The place sounds incredibly unwelcoming. My hard earned money will be spent elsewhere.

heck, I may actually pay them a visit during their "Going out of business" sale.

P.S. to the OP, sucks that they handled that situation the way they did... no worries, better places will be glad to earn your money and get a new customer.
    From reading their haters section they CLEARLY state on their page that their not claiming to be perfect nor are they trying to be!..hence WHY they have it!! If a store has a spot on their website where people can express their "positive experience" with them just to get them in the store, wouldn't that be strage to see that they are trying to perceive themselves as being such a great place to shop? Envy doesn't want people to think that they are the "perfect shop"...but understand that there's ALWASY two sides to every story!!

With the power of the internet these day we all have the freedom to express our feedback whether it be in a positive or negative way. And because of the internet some people don't have the balls to express their concerns in person...everyone hides behind their computer screen...We can all express our experiences online, give others a fair warning...but come on do yourself a favour and stop hiding behind everyone else's reveiws and experience it for yourself!

I give them props to allowing us to read the bad reviews or experience people have had...RIGHT ON THEIR website!...They give those of you haven't been by there a chance to see ALL the good AND the bad experiences people have had.
    Last edited by infernobuster; 01-07-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: language

From what I can remember. The "haters" page of Envy Rides was a lot more sarcastic and negative when they first opened up. Then, after people here started pointing it out and bashing them, they changed it to make it slightly more positive.

and now they have up comments from this thread in the haters section

its funny, because they must troll this site to find out their reviews. these weren't even emails sent to the company

while ago i called the store inquiring about a particular bike they had for sale. After a lenghty discussion with the salesperson about the bike,I asked if i could possibly take it for a test ride,"Yes",was the reply, i also told them what i was looking to spend,"No problem,we will "set you up" was the reply. I told them that i would come down that afternoon,1.5 hour ride for me, "Ok,see you then" from us both,call terminated. Imagine how pi**ed i was to arrive later that day to be told that no one was avaiable to test ride with me,also, no one was available to prep the bike and they were firm on the price. If that was the case from th e beginning why waste my time? I thought I was pretty clear on the phone,nothing was said on their end that the required person did not show up that day. I spoke with the manager?,he would not move on the price, the original person I spoke to on the phone did not come over and acknowledge me at all. So, no thanks,Envy Rides, if you had just been honest and upfront from the start I would not be writing this. Good Luck.

Response:
    There is no doubt that if what you're saying about the salesperson is true, than he was definitely in the wrong to "sell" you on the idea of being able to test ride the bike and get you the price you were looking for. It is not our policy to test ride our units due to the high risk liability, however there are times we will make exceptions. In fact in our industry this is not a common practice. Unfortunately as it was explained by the sales manager the unit you were interested in was unable to be test riden due to the fact that the battery needed charging and we considered it in your best interest not allow you to test ride at that time. We always try to go above and beyond the call of duty to make our customers happy, unfortunately there are times that it doesn't always happen.
    As for the Manager not being able to move on the price you must understand that there is only so much we are able to do when it comes to price. There are margins that must be met in order for a business to succeed.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I think this "Wall of haters" is pretty stupid.... most peoples' complaints are legitimate. I doubt that the OP, or even a majority of the unsatisfied customers, had intentions of just bad-mouthin the store. It's kinda ridiculous how they try to deal with these things. If you're a salesperson and don't give a **** about the service you provide, fine... you'll face the consequences... but if you're the owner or manager, it's unprofessional and dumb to basically tell people off. I mean, it's your business and you have a huge stake in it, yet you can't grasp the simple fact that your business is so dependent on happy, repeat customers. HA! Like someone mentioned, they'll just follow suit and fail miserably. I haven't been to Envy, but based on the negative reviews I've read, I don't plan on ever going to that place. The place sounds incredibly unwelcoming. My hard earned money will be spent elsewhere. heck, I may actually pay them a visit during their "Going out of business" sale. P.S. to the OP, sucks that they handled that situation the way they did... no worries, better places will be glad to earn your money and get a new customer. __________________ Don't steal, the government hates competition...

Response:
    The whole rationalization behind the Haters Section is to show that we are not above making mistakes. Constructive Criticsm is essential to improving service. Unfortunately you have made your decision not to visit our store based on one side of a story. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to come in and make your own Educated Decision based on YOUR experience?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I could only add a mixed response. Had a great experience there and a so-so one. Was there for their stunt show a few months back, good sale, tons of people there.......saw a 60 yr old lady on her yellow CanAm Spyder. Then I ordered something, was told I would be receiving a call when arrived, finally after 2 weeks I called the response was...."uhh yah, it's been here for a week, are you planning to come in and pick it up?" WTF...giving me attitude when you guys forgot to call me!!! But it's still a decent place. To the OP, did you not mention the salesperson's name on purpose or forgot?

Response:
    Thanks for the comment. We apologize for the inconvenience this shouldn't have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    From what I can remember. The "haters" page of Envy Rides was a lot more sarcastic and negative when they first opened up. Then, after people here started pointing it out and bashing them, they changed it to make it slightly more positive.

and now they have up comments from this thread in the haters section

its funny, because they must troll this site to find out their reviews. these weren't even emails sent to the company
    If you were a business owner, wouldn't you want to know what people are saying about your store? ... Again, there's always 2 sides to every story!

I don't see any problems with having this "Haters Section" per se. But the problem is that they are a bunch of arrogant arseholes in their responses.

Me either, I dont have a problem with constructive criticism. But the wording of the "haters" section, along with with that silly imagine of the guy giving the middle finger gives me a bad impression of the store.

This place seems to have the wrong flavor of ice cream for me. To me, they project the image of people walking with a limp, with pants around their ankles. Id rather take my business to a place with a more professional attitude.

I find it strange that the Haters page says "Behind Every Successful Person Lies a Pack of Haters". Interesting perspective. I hope that's some kind of a joke.

I'm actually of the opinion that behind every successful person there is a pack of vocal and enthusiastic supporters. But then again I've always been a "cup is half full" kind of guy.

--- D

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Me either, I dont have a problem with constructive criticism. But the wording of the "haters" section, along with with that silly imagine of the guy giving the middle finger gives me a bad impression of the store.

This place seems to have the wrong flavor of ice cream for me. To me, they project the image of people walking with a limp, with pants around their ankles. Id rather take my business to a place with a more professional attitude.
    Why not take the 30minutes out of your life and actually drop in and see? Going off of a couple opinions over the internet is pretty ignorant, and no I've never been inside the store myself but it's pretty silly to say you wont go to a place because they have the image on their website and someone wrote a bad review online.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaserChris View Post
    Why not take the 30minutes out of your life and actually drop in and see? Going off of a couple opinions over the internet is pretty ignorant, and no I've never been inside the store myself but it's pretty silly to say you wont go to a place because they have the image on their website and someone wrote a bad review online.
    I think you're coming at it from the wrong direction... the question you should be asking is "Why TAKE the 30 minutes out of your life and drop in and see"?, instead of "why NOT"?

Most business establishments use their advertising and websites to entice people to visit, to GIVE them a reason to come by. If a store's argument is, I know we turned you off with our website, but seriously, why not take 30 minutes out of your life to visit us, it seems a bit backwards. Like there's the assumption that we owe some store a visit just because they exist. I'd like to see a furniture store take that approach - "I know you've read some bad reviews, but why not take time out of your busy life and visit us anyway, to judge for yourself!"

Quick, call Leon's, maybe they want to run that in their next TV spot.

--- D

Quote Originally Posted by ChaserChris View Post
    Before the first entries in the hater section were reworded, they basically said "STFU" to the criticism, and if that's the way a customer is treated, then I will not take 30 min out of my life to drop in.

Id much rather take my business to a place that respects its customers. I dont expect my *** to be kissed, I would like some basic courtesy.