Envy Rides....No thanks

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Envy Rides....No thanks

Envy Rides....No thanks

A while ago i called the store inquiring about a particular bike they had for sale. After a lenghty discussion with the salesperson about the bike,I asked if i could possibly take it for a test ride,"Yes",was the reply, i also told them what i was looking to spend,"No problem,we will "set you up" was the reply.

I told them that i would come down that afternoon,1.5 hour ride for me, "Ok,see you then" from us both,call terminated.

Imagine how pi**ed i was to arrive later that day to be told that no one was avaiable to test ride with me,also, no one was available to prep the bike and they were firm on the price.

If that was the case from th e beginning why waste my time? I thought I was pretty clear on the phone,nothing was said on their end that the required person did not show up that day.

I spoke with the manager?,he would not move on the price, the original person I spoke to on the phone did not come over and acknowledge me at all.

So, no thanks,Envy Rides, if you had just been honest and upfront from the start I would not be writing this.

Good Luck.

Resurrection

Re: Envy Rides....No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theshnizzle View Post
    A while ago i called the store inquiring about a particular bike they had for sale. After a lenghty discussion with the salesperson about the bike,I asked if i could possibly take it for a test ride,"Yes",was the reply, i also told them what i was looking to spend,"No problem,we will "set you up" was the reply.

I told them that i would come down that afternoon,1.5 hour ride for me, "Ok,see you then" from us both,call terminated.

Imagine how pi**ed i was to arrive later that day to be told that no one was avaiable to test ride with me,also, no one was available to prep the bike and they were firm on the price.

If that was the case from th e beginning why waste my time? I thought I was pretty clear on the phone,nothing was said on their end that the required person did not show up that day.

I spoke with the manager?,he would not move on the price, the original person I spoke to on the phone did not come over and acknowledge me at all.

So, no thanks,Envy Rides, if you had just been honest and upfront from the start I would not be writing this.

Good Luck.
    This kind of customer service, will eventually lead them down the path of other motrocycle stores.

That's gotta be a bummer......

As for not moving on the price, that's just part of doing business, sometimes you just can't move on the price, everyone's gotta make a buck right?

Just don't buy the bike from them, move on to the next store.

I had a friend who wanted to buy a brand new R6 with CASH, he asked for a free helmet and jacket, approx $400 value. And they said NO! Can you believe that? They would make that money back in about a year with manufacture recalls, oil changes, FUTURE BUSINESS!

Like what was previously said, move on to the next store, they don't deserve your business.
    1993 FZR 600

Quote Originally Posted by billy_awesome View Post

As for not moving on the price, that's just part of doing business, sometimes you just can't move on the price, everyone's gotta make a buck right?
    His problem was that he told them what he wanted to spend on the bike and they said yeah sure we'll set you up no problem. He wouldnt have made this post if they said on the phone before he drove an hour and a half that they were firm.

Good Luck.
    Why would you expect a test drive? i dont know anyone who does that. Especialy in the winter.

That's gotta be a bummer......

Just don't buy the bike from them, move on to the next store.

I had a friend who wanted to buy a brand new R6 with CASH, he asked for a free helmet and jacket, approx $400 value. And they said NO! Can you believe that? They would make that money back in about a year with manufacture recalls, oil changes, FUTURE BUSINESS!

Like what was previously said, move on to the next store, they don't deserve your business.
    So did he still go ahead and buy the R6 from them?

Quote Originally Posted by thumpit View Post
    So did he still go ahead and buy the R6 from them?
    heck no.

Walked away ****** off and bought a used chopper off kijiji.......anyways, OFF TOPIC
    1993 FZR 600

Quote Originally Posted by movistardave View Post
    Why would you expect a test drive? i dont know anyone who does that. Especialy in the winter.
    dude, THEY TOLD HIM ON THE PHONE HE COULD TEST RIDE. Then after the long drive there THEY SAID HE COULDNT. That's his beef.

Banned

heck no.

Walked away ****** off and bought a used chopper off kijiji.......anyways, OFF TOPIC
    from an NEW R6 to a used Chopper in under a week...yep sounds like your buddy was a serious buyer.

Taking bets on this making the "Wall of haters". $10 minimum...

Good Luck.
    I'd be very interested to hear what the manager had to say to you. I mean, he should have extended some kind of apology on the behalf of the negligent salesman, at the very least, IMO...

If they operate like this they won't be around for long....

Quote Originally Posted by movistardave View Post
    I know reading is hard, so here are the cliff notes:
    -guy calls envy, says wants to spend $x, wants to test drive. Sales guy says no problem
    -guy drives 1.5 hours to envy, envy says no test drive, price $x too low, no deal
    -guy is pi**ed

the end

Question Re: Envy Rides....No thanks

Are we starting to see a pattern here ? There was another poster who was quoted a price on the phone at Envy out the door. He asked them to confirm this was the out the door price 3 times and they said yes. Drove down only to find out the price didn't include tax PDI etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Dober View Post
    Taking bets on this making the "Wall of haters". $10 minimum...
    I think this "Wall of haters" is pretty stupid.... most peoples' complaints are legitimate.
    I doubt that the OP, or even a majority of the unsatisfied customers, had intentions of just bad-mouthin the store. It's kinda ridiculous how they try to deal with these things.
    If you're a salesperson and don't give a **** about the service you provide, fine... you'll face the consequences... but if you're the owner or manager, it's unprofessional and dumb to basically tell people off. I mean, it's your business and you have a huge stake in it, yet you can't grasp the simple fact that your business is so dependent on happy, repeat customers. HA!
    Like someone mentioned, they'll just follow suit and fail miserably.

I haven't been to Envy, but based on the negative reviews I've read, I don't plan on ever going to that place. The place sounds incredibly unwelcoming. My hard earned money will be spent elsewhere.

heck, I may actually pay them a visit during their "Going out of business" sale.

P.S. to the OP, sucks that they handled that situation the way they did... no worries, better places will be glad to earn your money and get a new customer.

I could only add a mixed response. Had a great experience there and a so-so one. Was there for their stunt show a few months back, good sale, tons of people there.......saw a 60 yr old lady on her yellow CanAm Spyder.

Then I ordered something, was told I would be receiving a call when arrived, finally after 2 weeks I called the response was...."uhh yah, it's been here for a week, are you planning to come in and pick it up?" WTF...giving me attitude when you guys forgot to call me!!!

But it's still a decent place.

To the OP, did you not mention the salesperson's name on purpose or forgot?

The general concensus about this particular establishment has been quite negative. Doesn't their staff read up on the reviews posted on this forum? I think if they really cared, their first and main business logic is that the customer is always right.

Quite silly I think, to promise the world to a prospect and then have them drive 1.5 hours to the store and not even meet them halfway. What a way to make a first impression.
    Mystique
    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

people do read the forums, and then the comments are placed in the ''haters" section of their webpage

http://www.envyrides.ca/custompage.asp?pg=testimonials

thats funny they have a Haters section on their website.... why??? must really bug them to see posting hate towards them?

Quote Originally Posted by GP_RZ View Post
    thats funny they have a Haters section on their website.... why??? must really bug them to see posting hate towards them?
    they think it's "bad ***" to have a Haters section.

Quote Originally Posted by azia View Post
    they think it's "bad ***" to have a Haters section.
    Its also bad *** to dress like wangsters and limp around the store after customers.