Motorcycle show impressions - Page 9

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Motorcycle show impressions

Re: Motorcycle show impressions

AH! They had a huge freaking deal on a 08' Suzuki S40! For $4000 new! Cheaper than a Honda rebel! CRAZY!
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER
    Look for a glowing white bike

Quote Originally Posted by LannyNguyen View Post
    AH! They had a huge freaking deal on a 08' Suzuki S40! For $4000 new! Cheaper than a Honda rebel! CRAZY!
    I got a windshield for my gixxer for $60 tax in at 5:30 from suzuki of newmarkets
    a set of bridgstone battleaxes for 300 all in
    my brother in law got a deal on an 07 svs 1000.
    Went to the GTAM booth and met some people and picked up a shirt
    A pretty good day
    2001 GSXR 750
    2001 Katana 600 sold
    1989 GS 500E sold

i want my money back lol only good thing there was the ice cream and the two bros pipe i spent money last year at the show this year i spent nothing i got my self a CAA membership... no hot chicks either very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    yeah I remember that booth...cyclewerx maybe?
    I checked the show website and CycleWerx isn't listed as a vendor that was there.

Quote Originally Posted by hondacbrf3 View Post
    i want my money back lol only good thing there was the ice cream and the two bros pipe i spent money last year at the show this year i spent nothing i got my self a CAA membership... no hot chicks either very disappointing.
    Pfft in the dirtbike hall..
    2 Chicks in red for Cayuga.. they're hot..
    And the main room where you enter in where this blonde chick had huge knockers, she was hot.
    She was modeling for a chopper.
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER

I wasn't disappointed in the show. I got to wander around and look at bikes/gear/chicks for a couple hours. I didn't really go in looking for anything but I ended up picking up a a thor mx jersey for 20 bucks and a jacket for 1/2 price.

At the GTAM booth I met Aminal and The Last Boyscout, signed the petition, bought a t-shirt and a couple of stickers. And Aminal, the shirt fits perfect. I just hope it doesn't shrink too much over time or i might have to get another. lol
    05 DRZ400SM
    93 ZX-7
    02 RM125

Quote Originally Posted by Z1K View Post
    I wasn't disappointed in the show. I got to wander around and look at bikes/gear/chicks for a couple hours. I didn't really go in looking for anything but I ended up picking up a a thor mx jersey for 20 bucks and a jacket for 1/2 price.

At the GTAM booth I met Aminal and The Last Boyscout, signed the petition, bought a t-shirt and a couple of stickers. And Aminal, the shirt fits perfect. I just hope it doesn't shrink too much over time or i might have to get another. lol
    So you could sign the petition at the GTAM booth,... I asked the girl at the booth and she told me it was an online petition only...

They had one there when I was there yesterday.
    05 DRZ400SM
    93 ZX-7
    02 RM125

Obiwan Kenoobie

i enjoyed the many fine specimens modelling icon hella boots!
    So fine!

Went Sunday. Haven't been since 2000. I was pretty disappointed; although I did get a good deal on Alpinestars smx5 boots for $200.
    Guys at BMW booth were exellent. Drooled over Ducati Desmosedici ( bargain priced at $85,000). I agree that it's turned into more of a fleemarket, and as such $18 a head was too much entrance. I looked for GTAM booth (obviously not hard enough.)
    I will not be going again until the manufacturer's are back.
    Dave
    2000 ZX12R

"My Other Vehicle Is A Locomotive"

Quote Originally Posted by 08 BlueStreak View Post

more like 2 in each hall.
    i counted 4 chamois booths.

as for the show in general, i was disappointed. i was looking for some good deals on gear, but the sales were not even that great. I ended up picking up a RF-1000 a few weeks ago for a helluva lot cheaper than what they were selling for at show (2008 graphics, not 2009). i picked it up at royal distributing, they are selling for less than what their catalogue says, just call in and check for hte model you are looking for.

show was disappointing this year, except for the custom chopper hall, it was nice to walk through, some real nice bikes there.

Overall the show was decent. Not sure why so many piss n moan about shopping for crap, it's a motorcycle SHOW, you look at bikes, anything else is a bonus.
    Researching what you want to buy, price etc...is important so you can spot a deal if one comes along. Don't expect 50% off at a big show. It's not a shopping mall.
    I'll agree 15$ is still too much for a door fee, 10$ would be reasonable.
    I had to be there friday and saturday so i had to pay twice, so quit yer belly aching !!!

As for display bikes, nobody can complain, they had bikes to suit anyones needs.
    I like the way the halls are set up, vintage bikes, off road, street stuff, new bikes, customs.....honestly, if you didn't enjoy looking at all those bikes, you have issues.

So you bought some dirty old piece of meat from an unknown source and you got sick? lol
    Paid 3.50 for some water when they had free water fountains all over? lol
    Couldn't find the GTA booth? Are you kidding me? That means you didn't see the whole show?! (pic attached)
    I think all the people bitching that the show sucked only made it to one hall and never found their way to the other end !!
    Easyrider and i walked around several times, lots to gawk at, saw a couple chicks sooooo hot i thought i was gonna faint. If anyone knows the cute little blond at the chrome divas booth, tell her i'm ready to get married

Nice to meet you Cutekill, i even got a big hug, so technically i touched your boobs !!
    Sorry i had to resist your fine sales pitch cause i had about $1.78 left in my pocket or i would have bought a GTAM thong/bikini for next years car wash lol.

Of all the bikes at the show, one in particular caught my eye, looked like a fun ride and a real troublemaker, streetfighter sportster in black, nice city bike!!
    Last edited by AGAVE; 01-24-2009 at 11:41 AM.

thought the show was generally good, bought a helmet and a jacket at Gp they were very helpfull, no real deals was looking for a RF-1000 but they were all over 500 cept sturgess had them for 450 which is decent, small selection though. Pannon hade good deals on shark but the guy was so eager to sell me one that didnt fit he was telling me to cut up foam and glue it in the helmet, I almost laughed, give me a break just to make a sale. I was expecting better deals and more selection and wish more manufactures were there to have it all under one roof. And if its the biggest show in N.A i woulda like to see booths like shoei displaying there stuff and marketing it. Royals booth was also small and mostly dirtbike stuff. The girls were hot though

Quote Originally Posted by davey25 View Post
    The girls were hot though
    Gotta agree with that: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1307451206
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by 08 bluestreak View Post
    i bought some beef jerky and some summer sausage from one of them and when i got home it said best before dec 18 2008.
    lol!
    Welcome to Squid city.. the Poserland, home of chickenstrip riders... TEE-DOT!!
    We Lean Low. while you pose straight. GOT IT? GOOD!!

I go every year and it gets worse and worse. Not to sound like a whiner but this is my last year going, I am just going to stick to the manufacture show to see the 09 bikes. I've had my fill of expired meat...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerator View Post
    Hot chick, but really stupid how she's standing there next to the bike as if it's a competition in hawtness. I don't get it. Are you going to look at bikes or not?? What's the piece of meat standing there for? Makes no sense to me.
    dude, i could explain it to ya, but u wouldn't understand.

DaveP for GTAM Communications Director!!!

I dont know why you guys complain about the show. Just dont go back.

Few yrs ago, I made my way down to the big bike show in NYC and that kind of set the standard. They had everything related to the industry from biker clubs, all the custom bikers that you see on the Speed Channel, full representation from EVERY manufacturer & supplier. They even had some decent deals.

Hmp, the few ones in the past was not too great. I think this year was much better. Not as much as the one last year. They need more chicks up with less clothes.
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER

Resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I can understand the pics of the models, because that's what they are there for, but taking pics of random chick's ***'s is really creepy, even stalkerish.