Speedy at Dundas/Shorncliffe

Thread: Speedy at Dundas/Shorncliffe

Speedy at Dundas/Shorncliffe

Yes, the one near Cycle World West. Don't ever go there.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

To whom it may concern,

I recently visited your Speedy service establishment located near the intersection of Dundas St., just west of Shorncliffe. My vehicle exhaust was damaged by snow, needing repair.

They quoted me at $453, plus additional taxes while eagerly suggesting to start paperwork. (saying the damage was extreme) I knew this repair quote was far too much after personally observing the vehicle. I decided to call my usual local mechanic for a second opinion. He suggested that even if all the pieces were damaged and required complete replacement, he could perform the same repairs for half the price.

As you can assume, I took my business to my personal mechanic. The real shock was that only one hole needed to be repaired on a single piece of the exhaust, which was welded for a mere $30. I fail to realize how these repair prices can be drastically different. I am confused. Perhaps you can further enlighten me on my experience beyond the text-book case of customer exploitation?

These representatives at this location are not performing your corporation quality representation, and should be reprimanded.

My family mechanic, during this recession is profiting more than any shop in the west end of Toronto due to one simple attribute; honesty. (he's booked 4 weeks in advance, unlike this particular Speedy location) I suggest you rectify the problem if you're in the business of good business.

At Speedy, I felt like a nobody.
    "Dude, you were haulin' biscuits down that road!"

Re: Speedy at Dundas/Shorncliffe

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dartist View Post

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

To whom it may concern,

I recently visited your Speedy service establishment located near the intersection of Dundas St., just west of Shorncliffe. My vehicle exhaust was damaged by snow, needing repair.

They quoted me at $453, plus additional taxes while eagerly suggesting to start paperwork. (saying the damage was extreme) I knew this repair quote was far too much after personally observing the vehicle. I decided to call my usual local mechanic for a second opinion. He suggested that even if all the pieces were damaged and required complete replacement, he could perform the same repairs for half the price.

As you can assume, I took my business to my personal mechanic. The real shock was that only one hole needed to be repaired on a single piece of the exhaust, which was welded for a mere $30. I fail to realize how these repair prices can be drastically different. I am confused. Perhaps you can further enlighten me on my experience beyond the text-book case of customer exploitation?

These representatives at this location are not performing your corporation quality representation, and should be reprimanded.

My family mechanic, during this recession is profiting more than any shop in the west end of Toronto due to one simple attribute; honesty. (he's booked 4 weeks in advance, unlike this particular Speedy location) I suggest you rectify the problem if you're in the business of good business.

Not this particular location, but another speedy wanted to charge me $1100 to do a exhaust on my Infiniti ( cat back ) and i wasn't looking for a performance set up, i went to Hot Rod Scotts where they did a complete custom job, manderal bends (sp) with stanless steel piping for $550
    Whatever I just typed was probably meant to be humorous with a tinge of sarcasm, so, please take it that way. It's also not intended as a personal attack, so, don't take it personally. It is afterall, just a semi-anonymous post on the internet.

Wow..Car muffler shop reviews on a motorcycle website now? I'll move to Romper Room.

And..if you ask...Speedy..Midas...all those players won't do "repairs". If there's a hole...they have to replace the part...which, due to rust..results in other parts falling apart during removal.

That's how it was explained to me...I went to a custom shop in the end...but i don't consider it bad service...it's just the way they choose to run their business...isn't it? I don't see where the bad service is.
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

i think there is nothing to complain about, you should know that your family mechanic will always half the price compare to other chain business shops...

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dartist View Post

To whom it may concern,

2000 ZX6R
    Ride to Live, Live to Ride
    Live to Ride, Ride to Live