Hopper Unemployed

Thread: Hopper Unemployed

Hopper Unemployed

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=35264
    Rumour from last month that Kawi was outta AMA this month as well. the house of cards continues to fall.
    DMG are looking pretty smart now. If it was not for their plans that include other marques. The AMA SBK grid would be pretty thin with two Yamahas.

Re: Hopper Unemployed

When I read this I thought it was some sort of sick joke, this is not looking good at for Kawi now, wow
    When you plan your work and work your plan, you find that God is in man.

Quote:
    At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

Kawasaki Fallout: Hopper vs Edwards, Melandri vs De Angelis?
    Submitted by Kropotkin on Tue, 2008-12-30 17:06.
    in Alex de Angelis Colin Edwards Ducati Honda John Hopkins Kawasaki Marco Melandri Yamaha MotoGP
    The withdrawal of Kawasaki from MotoGP - which Ian Wheeler, the team's press officer has told Motorsport-Total.com that he knows nothing about - is likely to blow the MotoGP riders market completely open once again. With the MotoGP merry-go-round seemingly all done and dusted before the end of the season, the sudden availability of two big name riders is likely to have satellite team managers consulting their lawyers.

Of the Kawasaki pairing of John Hopkins and Marco Melandri, Hopper is likely to be the name most in demand. Hopkins is the rider carrying the Monster Energy sponsorship, and with Kawasaki out, Monster's budget is likely to go to whoever signs the American. And in a time of hardship, that money will be very welcome indeed.

The most probable casualty of the Hopkins / Monster duo is Colin Edwards. The Texan's position in the Tech 3 Yamaha squad had already become less certain after Bridgestone were awarded the single tire contract for MotoGP. Edwards has been closely associated with Michelin for a very long time, and was their lead development rider in MotoGP until their forced withdrawal. With the tire development role gone, along with the Michelin money which was said to be funding Tech 3, Herve Poncharal may feel that Hopkins and his Monster millions are a far more attractive proposition.

The problem for Poncharal is that Edwards is not in the employ of the Tech 3 Yamaha team, but has a contract with Yamaha directly. Consequently, Poncharal has less control over the hiring and firing of the Texan than he may wish. And with Yamaha seats in the other major racing series all filled, it may prove difficult to convince Edwards to move elsewhere.
    http://www.motogpmatters.com/

Can anyone say "Tech 4"

"Money changes everything" - Cindy Lauper
    "Cash rules everything around me. Get the money!, dolla, dolla bill y'all" - Method Man
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

I am not going to begin to say what may happen anywhere. But as someone who has spoken FACE TO FACE with ALL the OEM principals in Canada regarding racing in North America (wearing my SOAR hat). We have not seen a meltdown like this since the depression in the 20's all the OEMs are playing things very close to the chest.
    If you are a new rider looking for OEM support (contingency) dont hold your breath. Things are on a serious withdrawl.

Quote Originally Posted by franz131 View Post
    Can anyone say "Tech 4"

"Money changes everything" - Cindy Lauper
    "Cash rules everything around me, CREAM! Get the money!, dolla, dolla bill y'all" - Method Man
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    I am not going to begin to say what may happen anywhere. But as someone who has spoken FACE TO FACE with ALL the OEM principals in Canada regarding racing in North America (wearing my SOAR hat). We have not seen a meltdown like this since the depression in the 20's all the OEMs are playing things very close to the chest.
    If you are a new rider looking for OEM support (contingency) dont hold your breath. Things are on a serious withdrawl.
    The big announcements are not done yet. There will be a lot more changes coming for 2009. The OEM principles in Canada are big fish in a small pond, the budgets are dictated by those in Japan. The presidents of these Canadian distributors do have a slight influence and if they're not fans of the sport (which they are NOT) the budget request doesn't get their support. Last year was a year operated under cut-back situations which was barely noticeable to some. Next year will be noticeable to most.
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports

Probably be the best thing for Hoppers career. Sacrificing his body to try to overcome an uncompetitive bike wasn't working out so well. It sucked seeing him move from Suzuki where he was starting to podium regularly to Kawi for the $$ where he was just a grid filler. Wonder where he'll end up - should be interesting.

wonder what one of his poggy cheques would be like?
    life's not short, it's just that you're dead for so long
    www.goloracing.com