Who rode today ? - Page 25

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Who rode today ?

Re: Who rode today ?

Quote Originally Posted by Red88 View Post
    I am a new rider and don't know why but I get a stomach ache everytime I go for a ride. Could it be the fumes or something?
    it's just excitement/nervousness/etc

It will pass

Quote Originally Posted by ScoTTY88 View Post
    LOL rick we almost took the exact same route. I left at 1 and got home at 5. We should hook up next time.

I rode Snake Road, twice, that was fun.
    No problem Scotty88. Just let me know.

I saw a guy this morning going north on 400 on a street bike. I was going south and couldn't make out what kind of bike it was between all the traffic but it looked like no fairings or even a windscreen. I looked at him and then I looked at the temperature gauge saying -4 outside. I just shook my head. I wonder how cold it is at 120km/h. Crazy or hardcore? lol

i guess that was me .. running down the 400 .. this morning around 8 or so ...
    its was actually really nice .. my thighs was cold tho ..

the day i've took her back home ... From Buttahs"Member" from Ajax .. it was like -13 that was cold ... but today it was nice ..

Quote Originally Posted by Lusid View Post
    I saw a guy this morning going north on 400 on a street bike. I was going south and couldn't make out what kind of bike it was between all the traffic but it looked like no fairings or even a windscreen. I looked at him and then I looked at the temperature gauge saying -4 outside. I just shook my head. I wonder how cold it is at 120km/h. Crazy or hardcore? lol
    Last edited by Astrosi; 03-23-2009 at 10:00 AM.
    2007 CBR 125 my Bicycle
    2003 R1 two words (oh baby)
    2003 R6 (Miss her daily)

Wed. is suppose to be rainy but at least +7 I'll be riding then. Looks good for a few days after too. No use punishing yourself...that ain't fun.

Kool ...
    i've never road on the Rain .. please enlighten me on the condition riding when its raining .. thats one of my most fear now ..

Quote Originally Posted by Kool View Post
    Wed. is suppose to be rainy but at least +7 I'll be riding then. Looks good for a few days after too. No use punishing yourself...that ain't fun.
    2007 CBR 125 my Bicycle
    2003 R6 (Miss her daily)

Quote Originally Posted by Astrosi View Post
    Kool ...
    i've never road on the Rain .. please enlighten me on the condition riding when its raining .. thats one of my most fear now ..
    Riding in the rain is no big deal. You just have to understand you dont have as much traction now. I ride rain or shine, been through it all, while its obviously much better on a nice sunny day, riding in the rain can be enjoyable as long as your geared up properly. Rain or shine I arrive dry.

And I rode today.

Kool ...
    I'm no expert by any means ...but I've ridden in a torrential down pour with high winds last year when I had to stop the bike by the side of the road and held on for dear life as trees were falling and stuff flying everywhere...lol. Riding through that...I figure I can handle almost anything. Other than getting wet and cold which affects your concentration I just ride with the mentality everything you do should be done as precisely as possible. Slow down and be aware more so of everthing around you. When the temps are more reasonable I ride rain or shine...lots of guys I know don't ride in the rain and laugh when I do. I pushed myself to ride in the rain, I think it improves your riding capabilities. Just like people in cars "should do" when it rains or snows...slow down and allow more room for braking and other drivers not seeing as well. Having damp roads or early morning cool damp roads with cold tires is the most important time to be careful....the oils in the ashphalt are on top of the surface. Allow more time for your tire temps to warm up to get better grip. How many times you hear about riders going down or stepping out racing down their road to the first stop sign and hitting the brakes or taking the first corner before their tires warmed up? The great thing about motorcycling is you become more aware what is happening to you up close and far away. Having good tires on your bike is insurance too. So don't be afraid of the rain...just use common sense.

Kool ..

Yeah your totally right ... but i'm still a newbie .. and i'm gonna take it easy at for now ... i'm still riding very slowly on the road leaving me alot of room in front of me .... i love to ride mainly cause this is my first bike ... but in time i'm gonna learn to take it on with the rain ..

and yeah your a dare devil uh !!! what about the wind .. wasn't it moving your bike side to side?
    2007 CBR 125 my Bicycle
    2003 R6 (Miss her daily)

and yeah your a dare devil uh !!! what about the wind .. wasn't it moving your bike side to side?
    I was trapped up north and had to get back for work....ya I stopped 3 different times when it got freakin crazy and when the wind was blowing me across hwy 48 too many times....lol. It was a bit odd me plowing along the hwy with cars and trucks pulled over to the side.
    Hey I made it to work on time...lol.
    I hear ya dude....learn to be comfortable and proficient on dry roads first by all means...that is challenge one. Someday you'll find yourself stuck in a position to ride in the rain. It can be fun in the warm weather...not to be too worried about it.

I just got in, was out for 45min, hands cold other than that it was good, first ride on the new bike so i took it easy, brought it back in one piece mission accomplished. Now we need some rain to clean up the roads and will be all good from here in!!

My bike was dropped off yesterday from winter storage. Much thanks to Ken (Kneedragger) and his Girlfriend for dropping the bike off! I rode around for a while yesterday until I started to feel my face go numb (or rather lost feeling in my face?) But man.. the first ride of the season, despite the cold temperature, just felt AMAZING!

Rode from Yonge and Lawrence to the CBC building. Little nippy but, worth it since I just got my bike.
    -- 2004 Honda 599 --
    www.jtgolf.ca

Rode to work (Mississauga) from Milton today. If you find my nards on the 401, kindly let me know as I'd like them back.

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by floger View Post
    Rode from Yonge and Lawrence to the CBC building. Little nippy but, worth it since I just got my bike.
    Parked out on mercer? Lots of bikes out there this morning, only saw 2 yesterday but I did show up late today.

Quote Originally Posted by roadtoruin View Post
    Parked out on mercer? Lots of bikes out there this morning, only saw 2 yesterday but I did show up late today.
    Well, well. Looks who's a stalker... j/k. Indeed my bike was there. I'm just warming my nards now before heading out for a ride to the mechanic.
    -- 2004 Honda 599 --
    www.jtgolf.ca

Rode from Warden and Eglinton to work at 407 and Kennedy. Lovely to be out when the wind isn't blowing. Good gloves definitely make a difference.
    Always Leaving...

2009 Kawasaki ZX6-R
    (Mods: Progrip Tank Protector, TechSpec Tank Pads, Renthal Grips)
    2007 GSXR 600 (Sold)
    (Mods: M4 Slipon, Blue Pazzo Shorties, Carbon Fiber Chain Guard, Renthal Kevlar Grips, Puig Double Bubble, Stomp Grips, Driven Bar Ends, Vortex Rearsets)
    2000 Yamaha R6 (Sold)

Took a quick 15 minute ride in the neighbourhood. Great to be back.