GP Bikes are false advertisers..... - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GP Bikes are false advertisers.....

Re: GP Bikes are false advertisers.....

Quote Originally Posted by gcrouse View Post
    I would tend to give the OP a break. If what he was told was the truth, i say he has a legit complaint. We all don't have time to run around with supposed stock "in": stock comment's. Know your business or you get bad customer service reports and that is not what you want and end up screwed with long term loyalty
    If the OP had actually driven down there, then maybe I'd agree with you. But the fact that he lost nothing more than the time required to make a phone call means he gets zero sympathy from me. This is why you make these phone calls, to save yourself some trouble just in case they don't have anything in stock.
    Mikey-D - Ottawa

"And yes, this is a site for people who ride bikes. But we don't ride bikes on this site. You can't ride a bike on the internet. On this site, we WRITE and READ about motorcycles." --Duster929

So first off, dont take this the wrong way. Tom and Carl @ GP have been nothing short of amazing with me, However I keep hearing about how they must be doing something right cause they keep expanding... what they have done right is to stay open!! With ALL of the citys 'staple' bikes shops closing a huge market opened up for the remaining shops. Although I havent been there in a while hasent Kahuna also seen quite a bit of growth in the last few years?
    Anyway, more shops (with deep pockets) are opening and now will be the true test for GP, if they can keep their customers amist growing competition they will solidify themselfs as the premier shop around... good luck to them!

Never a problem with them. If they don`t have something they will do everything they can to get it for you.

Thumbs up Re: GP Bikes are false advertisers.....

Been buying and dealing with GP bikes for years and never any problems.... just great deals!!
    ~~I rather be riding my bike & thinkin of GOD than sitting in Gurdwara thinkin of my bike!!

03 SV1000s
    02 SV650s
    02 SV650s project - LF: any parts. PM pls. Thnx!
    Sold 2001 Ninja 500r

Maybe the OP is ****** off that this phone call made him go over on his 1000 free daytime cell phone minutes and now has nothing to show for it???

Fail!

GP Bikes is awesome.....

Let me hijack this useless thread and ask if anyone has had this experience before, I have, and I blame myself most of the time;

You see something you want, gear, parts etc.
    You research the crap out of it. After all the forums and websites visited you are a semi-pro on this product.
    You go into the store and you expect that person to know as much as you on that single item....
    If they don't, you feel that they should.........

I'm guilty of this, but am trying to change

You hit the nail on the head... I'm guilty of this too. I've actualy started putting on a lesson to the sales people and then went on to help one of their customers to pick a better product more appropriate for their needs. This was a Future Shop and in the end the customer picked up a more expensive product so I don't feel so bad...

As for GP i've only been their a few times but so far they've been great, they let you shop in piece and if/when you need help their always accessible. So far so good...

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Maybe the OP is ****** off that this phone call made him go over on his 1000 free daytime cell phone minutes and now has nothing to show for it???

Fail!

GP Bikes is awesome.....

Let me hijack this useless thread and ask if anyone has had this experience before, I have, and I blame myself most of the time;

You see something you want, gear, parts etc.
    You research the crap out of it. After all the forums and websites visited you are a semi-pro on this product.
    You go into the store and you expect that person to know as much as you on that single item....
    If they don't, you feel that they should.........

I'm guilty of this, but am trying to change
    SOAR Novice #113

Wow... it's so cute how you are all such a close knit little family on here.... I'm touched.

Listen, if somebody representing a company (As the girl at the show was doing, who has been working at the store for the past 3 years) tells you to come in and try a certain item they have in stock on and they don't even carry it, and it's even in their catalogue......
    then yes, I consider that false advertising.
    Am I glad I did not go there only to find out they didn't even carry the leather pants....hell yeah, saved me the time and hassle of driving out there only to be ****** off in the end.
    If the lady told me, "hey, we will be carrying these pants in a few months" I would have had no problem with that.

As for the store, yes, I have dealt with them in the past and have had "mediocre" customer service....who knows, one day maybe they will impress me.

Geez, it sounds like you haven't been around long enough to know really bad customer service. Ever heard of Cycle World or McBride's?

Everything is relative, pal. Nothing in life is perfect, but for Toronto anyway, I can't think of a better dealership than GP. They're making an honest effort...and you try to crucify them because of one mis-informed salesgirl...wow.

The salesperson made a mistake, you called first which is what everyone should do, and usually does. No harm no foul.

Why are you even posting this here? Your rant should be with the manager of GP, did you even bother sending them an e-mail about how their staff should be more knowledgeable about the products they sell? I bet not.

People are defending GP bikes you came on way to strong.....don't know if you gotta drinking problem, anger issues, or just bored. But a neutral post about how they should better train their staff etc. might of had a different response from this familia

Quote Originally Posted by asus View Post
    Wow... it's so cute how you are all such a close knit little family on here.... I'm touched.

Listen, if somebody representing a company (As the girl at the show was doing, who has been working at the store for the past 3 years) tells you to come in and try a certain item they have in stock on and they don't even carry it, and it's even in their catalogue......
    then yes, I consider that false advertising.
    Am I glad I did not go there only to find out they didn't even carry the leather pants....hell yeah, saved me the time and hassle of driving out there only to be ****** off in the end.
    If the lady told me, "hey, we will be carrying these pants in a few months" I would have had no problem with that.

As for the store, yes, I have dealt with them in the past and have had "mediocre" customer service....who knows, one day maybe they will impress me.

hey guys- I've been debating whether or not I should post a reply to this all week... I've finally given in. Given the description, I'm pretty sure I'm the girl from GP Bikes asus is talking about. I was the only girl that actually works at the shop working the floor at the show so I can only assume it was me.

First off, thanks for all the compliments! It was unbelievable to see how many of you said nice things about us. I showed a few of the guys at work and you really made our day. Thanks!

Asus, I'm so sorry for the mixup. It sounds like your talking about the new Alpinestars Apex leather pant. We haven't brought in a size range of these for stock yet. Often what we tell people is to come in and try on a similar pant in the same brand to get an idea of what size they might be and then we'll order in one or two sizes in the pant that they actually want. I wonder if maybe I meant that we have Alpinestars pants in stock not necessarily realizing that you understood that to mean the Apex pant specifically. I checked stock on a few of the different sizes of this pant last weekend and several were currently available with the supplier while the ones that were not were only backordered until February. If you're still interested you're more than welcome to give me a call and I can check on the actual sizes that you think you might be.

I really apologize for the bad experience you've had. We try hard but unfortunately mistakes do happen. I can't agree more with the previous poster who said something about talking to a manager. Feedback and complaints are always welcome and certainly don't fall on deaf ears at GP Bikes. Often misunderstandings can be explained or rectified simply by talking to the right person. Also, mistakes and misunderstandings give us an opportunity to show you great customer service. Please tell us if we screw up so we can make it right!

Again- thanks for all the positive feedback. When I saw the title of this thread and how many pages there were I was a little scared to click on it but it was really cool to see all the nice stuff people had to say.

Thanks,
    Marianne

Are you Cute?
    Post a pic.
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Low rider View Post
    Are you Cute?
    Post a pic.
    If it's the girl I saw when I visited GP a few weeks ago then yes, she is.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Are you Cute?
    Post a pic.
    + 1

Are you Cute?
    Post a pic.

wow...... seriously. go get a girlfriend buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleM View Post
    hey guys- I've been debating whether or not I should post a reply to this all week... I've finally given in. Given the description, I'm pretty sure I'm the girl from GP Bikes asus is talking about. I was the only girl that actually works at the shop working the floor at the show so I can only assume it was me.

First off, thanks for all the compliments! It was unbelievable to see how many of you said nice things about us. I showed a few of the guys at work and you really made our day. Thanks!

Asus, I'm so sorry for the mixup. It sounds like your talking about the new Alpinestars Apex leather pant. We haven't brought in a size range of these for stock yet. Often what we tell people is to come in and try on a similar pant in the same brand to get an idea of what size they might be and then we'll order in one or two sizes in the pant that they actually want. I wonder if maybe I meant that we have Alpinestars pants in stock not necessarily realizing that you understood that to mean the Apex pant specifically. I checked stock on a few of the different sizes of this pant last weekend and several were currently available with the supplier while the ones that were not were only backordered until February. If you're still interested you're more than welcome to give me a call and I can check on the actual sizes that you think you might be.

I really apologize for the bad experience you've had. We try hard but unfortunately mistakes do happen. I can't agree more with the previous poster who said something about talking to a manager. Feedback and complaints are always welcome and certainly don't fall on deaf ears at GP Bikes. Often misunderstandings can be explained or rectified simply by talking to the right person. Also, mistakes and misunderstandings give us an opportunity to show you great customer service. Please tell us if we screw up so we can make it right!

Again- thanks for all the positive feedback. When I saw the title of this thread and how many pages there were I was a little scared to click on it but it was really cool to see all the nice stuff people had to say.

Thanks,
    Marianne

*applause*

Envy Rides, take note.
    Mikey-D - Ottawa

"And yes, this is a site for people who ride bikes. But we don't ride bikes on this site. You can't ride a bike on the internet. On this site, we WRITE and READ about motorcycles." --Duster929

interesting thread...applause to gpbikes customer service. I've been in there twice and both times i feel at home because the sales were great.
    "i love myself"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleM View Post

Thanks,
    Marianne

very ballsy, as an individual sales rep.
    +1

I had a few issues with some gear that I bought there recently, delt with Tom, and Tom delt with the problem, above and beyond what was expected! While I was there, Anne-Marrie informed me about a product I have been waiting to purchase. Straight forward with no B.S., nice for a change, and she took care of another problem on the spot. If you are there, and have to wait to talk to a representive to service your needs, that is for a reason. Other people are being taken care of, buy some of the best people that are working, in one of the better MC shops. Props go out to Jason as well. I think that I made mention about them having some of the best prices also, very in line, if not better, than stuff from the states. I am a very satisfied customer. Thanks John.

I purchased a helmet from GP bikes. Great service I must say. Will shop again