GP Bikes are false advertisers..... - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GP Bikes are false advertisers.....

Re: GP Bikes are false advertisers.....

GP bikes gave me a 998 just because I was told they sell gas at the store.

When I got there, they had no gas for sale. The salesman felt really bad for me.

I did swear at him for about two hours.

In the end, he gave me a non current 998 right out of the box, no questions asked.

I love GP bikes.
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

I wouldn't necessarily call GP Bikes false advertisers in this case, but I too would feel disgruntled after such an experience. Nobody likes to waste their time or feel lead on.

Then again, maybe the salesgirl at the show told you to go to the store outlet when it was less busy so she could flirt with you and give you her phone number!?

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    If they dont have something in stock, they can order it and have it there within a few days.
    No- not good enough. They should have everything everyone wants, in every size and colour, ALL THE TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by asus View Post
    What I find weird is the lady at the show pointed them out to me and told me to come by the store to try them on. Now I find out they do not have them in stock...WHat the ****!
    Seriously, who does **** like that?

I know who will not be getting my business. When I called them to ask them about it the guy on the phone had no clue that they were even in their catalogue.

****ing brutal customer service.

Rant over!
    Seriously? Are you serious? You're joking right? Good God.....

GP Bikes has been great to me...i dunno what the hell this fella's talking about. A store not having something in stock is not a good enough reason to come on here and create a public thread defacing their name and good reputation. Maybe if they told you to go f*ck yourself in their emailed response to your inquiry, or if you had gone to the store in person and couldn't find help...then maybe. But this? You suck at life!

I have , personally, been very impressed with GP Bikes.......... went there for the first time this past fall, ended up buying a new bike from them.... been back several times, and always found them to be friendly , helpful , and knowledgeable.... I wish there were more shops around like GP Bikes, as it's a bit of a drive for me........ You can do MUCH worse at other bike shops around Ontario...... Cheers ! Les

You bring a Ducati to life, all other bikes you just start......

current ride: 2005 DUCATI Monster S4R

for paint or plastic repair inquiries, email me direct: booth_1@sympatico.ca

people sometimes rant about the stupdiest **** when i call stores to see if they have a master link and they tell me they are going to call me back i pretty much assume they wont well Pro 6 actually called me back...

I think someone should point this thread out to the good people at GP bikes (if they don't already know about it). I'm sure they'd be thrilled to see so many people pleased with their service and jumping to their defense.
    Mikey-D - Ottawa

"And yes, this is a site for people who ride bikes. But we don't ride bikes on this site. You can't ride a bike on the internet. On this site, we WRITE and READ about motorcycles." --Duster929

Quote Originally Posted by MovinUp View Post
    Someone made a mistake, at work. I've made a mistake at work. I'm sure we all have. I'm sure it was frustrating, but, IMO try not to let it be a reflection on the store as a whole, or the individual.
    yep..
    it happens...
    and it isn't really false advertising...

I think replies in Reviews should be locked like in Classifieds. A review is one persons view of a situation, he didn't like the service, so be it.

Most people who have the hand eye co-ordination to ride a bike should also have enough mental capacity to judge a review on their own without all the "Oh the OP is dumb" comments helping them out. But then again, what would most of the monkeys have to do for the winter months.
    There are some thing's better left unsaid, but you can bet your sweet a** I'm going to say them anyway.

Resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by MovinUp View Post
    Someone made a mistake, at work. I've made a mistake at work. I'm sure we all have. I'm sure it was frustrating, but, IMO try not to let it be a reflection on the store as a whole, or the individual.
    I'm a gas technician, would you like me to make a mistake at work, if I am working on your house?

Quote Originally Posted by Charly View Post
    I think replies in Reviews should be locked like in Classifieds. A review is one persons view of a situation, he didn't like the service, so be it.

Most people who have the hand eye co-ordination to ride a bike should also have enough mental capacity to judge a review on their own without all the "Oh the OP is dumb" comments helping them out. But then again, what would most of the monkeys have to do for the winter months.
    On the contrary: people should be able to defend their favourite shop (or in some cases, their own shop) by pointing out problems with a reviewer's argument. Any person who is unhappy with a shop for some reason is likely to put a negative spin on things. Oftentimes, someone will assume the worst in some situation when there could be factors they hadn't thought of.

You're right in that responses which are, quite simply, "the OP is dumb" aren't all that helpful. On the other hand, responses like "they made a mistake, but have always given me exceptional service" contributes a great deal to a review thread. Moreover, it helps to contain a large number of different reviews in one thread for a given shop. Someone posts up that a store blows because (hypothetically) they made an inventory mistake may prompt a whole pile of other people to post up about how this particular store treated them extremely poorly as well, or how they are always great about personal orders, or how they are willing to admit their errors and make up for them somehow.

This isn't like in the classifieds, where you have something to sell and comments make no difference in what is being sold. This is a section where people post their experiences in order to set a record of service so that we all have a leg-up when trying to decide where to take our business.

This is a perfect example: the OP said they had a terrible experience, regardless of the reason. Everyone else has jumped in and said that they have had awesome experiences at this same shop. Now, when someone new comes along, rather than one bad experience to go on, which is likely to cause them to go elsewhere, they have one bad experience and thirty good ones, causing them to give the place a shot.
    Mikey-D - Ottawa

"And yes, this is a site for people who ride bikes. But we don't ride bikes on this site. You can't ride a bike on the internet. On this site, we WRITE and READ about motorcycles." --Duster929

Quote Originally Posted by hondacbrf3 View Post
    aisu you my friend are a epic fail.

me fail english?
    that's unpossible!

i called them today to check the prices of some of their parts and the guy said they were busy prepping for the show this weekend but took my name and number down and said he'll call back with the prices when he had time and sure enough he called like 30 mins later and told me the prices and offered me a great deal on them!

just goes to show that excellent customer service goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey-D View Post
    On the contrary: people should be able to defend their favourite shop (or in some cases, their own shop) by pointing out problems with a reviewer's argument. Any person who is unhappy with a shop for some reason is likely to put a negative spin on things. Oftentimes, someone will assume the worst in some situation when there could be factors they hadn't thought of.

You're right in that responses which are, quite simply, "the OP is dumb" aren't all that helpful. On the other hand, responses like "they made a mistake, but have always given me exceptional service" contributes a great deal to a review thread. Moreover, it helps to contain a large number of different reviews in one thread for a given shop. Someone posts up that a store blows because (hypothetically) they made an inventory mistake may prompt a whole pile of other people to post up about how this particular store treated them extremely poorly as well, or how they are always great about personal orders, or how they are willing to admit their errors and make up for them somehow.

This isn't like in the classifieds, where you have something to sell and comments make no difference in what is being sold. This is a section where people post their experiences in order to set a record of service so that we all have a leg-up when trying to decide where to take our business.

This is a perfect example: the OP said they had a terrible experience, regardless of the reason. Everyone else has jumped in and said that they have had awesome experiences at this same shop. Now, when someone new comes along, rather than one bad experience to go on, which is likely to cause them to go elsewhere, they have one bad experience and thirty good ones, causing them to give the place a shot.
    Then perhaps people who have great experiences should post their reviews when they have them?
    There are some thing's better left unsaid, but you can bet your sweet a** I'm going to say them anyway.

Resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by Charly View Post
    Then perhaps people who have great experiences should post their reviews when they have them?
    Then they would have nothing to ***** about.

I bought the best pair of riding boots from GP bikes. The sales person was knowledgeable and patient. Got a really good deal on them too.
    Mystique
    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

For what its worth many of my customers are also GP customers. I have head very few negative comments from them. As a customer myself I cannot complain.

GP Bikes is a great store. The OP must lead a VERY sheltered life....

I dropped in there for the first time in several years and was very impressed with the growth, about 3 times the size as what I remember. They must be doing something right.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

I would tend to give the OP a break. If what he was told was the truth, i say he has a legit complaint. We all don't have time to run around with supposed stock "in": stock comment's. Know your business or you get bad customer service reports and that is not what you want and end up screwed with long term loyalty