Triumph Daytona 675 vs. Honda CBR600RR - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Triumph Daytona 675 vs. Honda CBR600RR

Re: Triumph Daytona 675 vs. Honda CBR600RR

Quote Originally Posted by ~Britt~ View Post
    I am flat footed but they are not firmly on the ground I am sure I will get used to it anyways.
    if you're flat footed, then why would you worry about the height? Unless you need to shift your position on the bike to get 1 foot down, you shouldn't lower it.

btw, the daytona is my fav bike. I am super jelous....
    where's the wind?!

Quote Originally Posted by C L O N E View Post
    There is a lower suspension linkage available if you are concerned about the seat height. Check out Triumph675.net for more info (and buy the triumph).
    is there any way to do that on other bikes??? so close to being flat footed and i keep riding with nikey shocks because of the extra height lol... and i really don't want to lower my bike:/

p.s triumph >>>>>>>> cbr

THANKS to everyone ^^^ LOVE your red Triumph I am going to get black if I go with the Daytona... I think deep down I know I am going to get the 675 but I have always wanted a CBR...

I have been to Sturgess and when I spoke with them as well as GP I was told if I am getting the black 675 its best to place my "order" now because last year they didn't get anymore until Aug. Not sure if thats BS...
    Check out Rev Cycles downtown TO as well. To me, their (Rev Cycles) sales staff is a little dry, but their products need little convincing to sell. Service is phenomenal too. I had my 10k service there around October and the service manager went through every single point in the comprehensive checklist with me and pointed out everything that they found. Sturgess' service is over-priced and less "intimate." Get this: my 10k service (w/o oil change) was 50$ CHEAPER than my 800km service that was done at Sturgess!

In any case. Daytona all the way b/c I'm biased towards Triumphs
    "Never lean to steer. Always steer to lean." - source: unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by lmnop88 View Post
    Check out Rev Cycles downtown TO as well. To me, their (Rev Cycles) sales staff is a little dry, but their products need little convincing to sell. Service is phenomenal too. I had my 10k service there around October and the service manager went through every single point in the comprehensive checklist with me and pointed out everything that they found. Sturgess' service is over-priced and less "intimate." Get this: my 10k service (w/o oil change) was 50$ CHEAPER than my 800km service that was done at Sturgess!

In any case. Daytona all the way b/c I'm biased towards Triumphs
    as far as i know... rev cycles doesn't service any of the newer model triumphs. i've called them twice to do some routine service on my bike over the summer/fall and they claim they can't do it. they don't have the proper computer, or cables... or god know's what. their place boggles my mind ... they'll sell u a new bike.. but can't service it !!

most service on the triumph can be conducted anywhere u want. i only bring my bike to sturgess once a year for engine adjustment.

Read this comparison. It's from Sport Rider magazine a couplemonths ago, comparing all the 600 class bikes.

I wouldn't just go with what ranked higher (the Honda did in most categories), but read why. What some writers (and riders) consider negatives, you might consider a positive.

Whatever you pick, make sure to post pics of yer new baby!

Quote Originally Posted by giddyup69 View Post
    as far as i know... rev cycles doesn't service any of the newer model triumphs. i've called them twice to do some routine service on my bike over the summer/fall and they claim they can't do it. they don't have the proper computer, or cables... or god know's what. their place boggles my mind ... they'll sell u a new bike.. but can't service it !!

most service on the triumph can be conducted anywhere u want. i only bring my bike to sturgess once a year for engine adjustment.
    I have a 2008 Street Triple. Rev did my 10k service and were willing to do a ecu remap for me if I installed the full arrow system. Bizarre that they wouldn't service your bike.
    "Never lean to steer. Always steer to lean." - source: unknown.

So I still cant make the decision!!! I guess thats women for ya!
    Thanks to everyone the posted links were helpful!
    Brittnie

So I still cant make the decision!!! I guess thats women for ya!
    Thanks to everyone the posted links were helpful!

Ah, the complicated female brain! Get a 675, see a girl on that exotic machine would be hot LOL

but then again, it would be pretty nice that the Honda dealer is only 10 minutes away!

If you want the 675 I'd wait for the new one which is about to be released. The bike is getting updated and it looks way more sexy. If you go with the 600RR its still got 2 years to go before its big overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by lmnop88 View Post
    I have a 2008 Street Triple. Rev did my 10k service and were willing to do a ecu remap for me if I installed the full arrow system. Bizarre that they wouldn't service your bike.
    I have a 2006 675 and they service my bike no problem. I usually like to go to Sturgess but the drive makes it more convienient to go to Rev. They also upgraded my map at the last service.

I owned a RR, and rode my friend's 675 for couple of trips. They're both very comparable bike in handling. The only slight difference is that the inseam of the triumph is a little longer than the cbr. Comparatively speaking, I like the RR better, but it's just a personal choice, I found the low end torque to come more readily on the RR than on the daytona. Also, I hate the sewing machine sound the daytona makes. My friend thinks that the daytona is much easier to flick, but I'm not so sure. I think the agreesive body position of the daytona and the riding geometry has a lot to do with the "flickability". At the end of the day, they're both great bikes, but like others have said, take em out for a test if you can. You will see a huge difference between them both. Then make your choice.
    Premium dude......PREEEMMIIIUMMMMM!!!!

Tonna its a big decision!!! How are you liking the cbr any regrets on not getting the 675?!?! maybe if I buy it I'll let you ride it MAYBE lol!

Quote Originally Posted by etonna View Post
    Ah, the complicated female brain! Get a 675, see a girl on that exotic machine would be hot LOL

but then again, it would be pretty nice that the Honda dealer is only 10 minutes away!
    Brittnie

Thats a good point I'd like to ride them both before I make my decision but I'd like to buy sooner then later. I think both are great bikes and either will make me happy maybe I'll just flip a coin!

Quote Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
    I owned a RR, and rode my friend's 675 for couple of trips. They're both very comparable bike in handling. The only slight difference is that the inseam of the triumph is a little longer than the cbr. Comparatively speaking, I like the RR better, but it's just a personal choice, I found the low end torque to come more readily on the RR than on the daytona. Also, I hate the sewing machine sound the daytona makes. My friend thinks that the daytona is much easier to flick, but I'm not so sure. I think the agreesive body position of the daytona and the riding geometry has a lot to do with the "flickability". At the end of the day, they're both great bikes, but like others have said, take em out for a test if you can. You will see a huge difference between them both. Then make your choice.
    Brittnie

get the 675

Tonna its a big decision!!! How are you liking the cbr any regrets on not getting the 675?!?! maybe if I buy it I'll let you ride it MAYBE lol!
    No regrets for now, but if I see you roll up on a 675 it might hurt a little
    I really love the Daytona but I can not see my self being able to do a 1000km day with that riding position, but if you get one I will trade you any time

well you'll just have to wait and see!! I am sure we will ride a lot together this summer I have been doing my rain dance already!

Quote Originally Posted by etonna View Post
    No regrets for now, but if I see you roll up on a 675 it might hurt a little
    I really love the Daytona but I can not see my self being able to do a 1000km day with that riding position, but if you get one I will trade you any time
    Brittnie

These 2 bikes are very much the same to your average street rider, they both have rather good low end grunt from a 600, both very good fit and finish, both have been proven to be reliable. IMO, these 2 bike are at par for quality, the 675 has a little extra look at me factor and the cbr has a little more comfort and ergonomics, Since this will not be a race bike I dont think that performance is that big a factor! Its not an easy call to make but you will be more than happy with either!

675 > ALL*

I've had a '99 R6 then a k5 Gixxer 600, now without a bike, but I get to ride my good friends' 2007 675 occasionally. This bike is far superior to anything I've ever owned or ridden. The build quality and fit and finish is great, but it really means nothing when it all comes down the riding.

The Triumph has really nice low end grunt for the street, it's very responsive, easy to ride, and far more forgiving than the other SS. Even though it's not lighter than it's competition, it definitely feels a lot more tossable. My k5 gixxer felt like a pig compared to it, but it was lighter.

The latest comparison I have is the 2008 R6 that I rode back to back with the 675. The new R6 is an animal, very raw, and stupid fast. The 675 doesn't feel that raw, but it's honestly raw enough to keep just about anyone happy. I am pretty set on my new bike, it will be the 675 no questions asked, they are actually dropped in price pretty nicely in the states.

Bump for the 675, that bike is hot and not too many around!