Shoei Rf-1000 - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shoei Rf-1000

Re: Shoei Rf-1000

Quote Originally Posted by tarah View Post

PS - my tradition is to run around the house in JUST a new helmet. It's my superstition and it's for good luck (and I imagine it is pretty amusing sight).
    You mean a pretty arousing sight.

I love my RF1000. Fits like a glove and is very comfy.

Wow, I just received my matte black RF and this thing is top notch. I can't wait to try it out!
    1984 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
    2006 Aprilia SR 50 Factory - Sold
    2002 Kawasaki ZX-6R - Gone but not forgotten...

This is my 6th Shoei, gotta say the TZ1 was the quietest (for me). I have never found an Arai that fits and I'm a bit of a creature of habit.

I'm going to wash it before the season starts, and try adjusting the mounts as suggested. thanks for the link John, I didn't get a manual with it. One of those boxless deals.....

TW

Shoei makes a great product, have had about five of them, my recent one is an X-11, they fit well and last, and I have an XXL head....
    " I don't want a pickle, I'd rather just ride on my motorcycle."

I got a shoei RF1000..fit perfect and its really comfortable. Love it!

I'm on my second RF1000 and it's great, the wife is wearing a TZR. Great helmets that are comfortable for long rides.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire View Post
    Your comment surprises me, beverage, - although not THE quietest helmet I've ever worn, the RF-1000 is one of the quietest helmets I have ever owned.

What other helmets have you owned?

If anyone is interested, I wrote up a full on review for the RF-1000

http://alivetoride.com/motorcycle_ge..._shoei_rf_1000
    I've had a few HJC's, a Kiwi, a Bell, a ???. The helmet I had immediately prior to the RF-1000 was an HJC. I posted a fairly extensive review of the RF-1000 on this site shortly after I got it.

The RF-1000 is, by far, the best fitting helmet I've every owned. But I also find it the noisiest. It also has better ventilation than my previous helmets, which probably explains the higher noise level. The "whistle" during shoulder checks is either an adjustment issue or design flaw.

Would I buy it again? Yes. For me, comfort and fit are #1. I can wear earplugs to reduce the noise.

Webbikeworld has a pretty good review of the RF-1000, but the user feedback at the bottom is pretty mixed. http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/shoei/rf-1000/