Shoei Rf-1000 - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoei Rf-1000

Re: Shoei Rf-1000

I love my RF-1000 more than I love lamp!!!

that's sayin a lot!
    Dale--------Hamilton Area--------- '03 GSX-R750

www.gsxrpaddock.com

My helmet is great too, getting another one this year...it does fog up though, sometimes...

love my shoei... havnt had the honour of "using" it as of yet (hopefully never need to)

but its a solid helmet never-the-less

2007 Lotus Exige S ~ the grocery-getter
    2004 ZX6R ~ the daily commuter (sold)
    2005 GSXR 1000 ~ the scary thing in my garage (sold to my insurer lol)
    2007 GSXR 1000 ~ the newer scary thing in my garage

I like my helmet a lot, fogs up a bit in cold/rainy weather, but it's generally good. Light and comfortable.. I got the same one as Kibosh there...
    Then again, it's my first and only helmet so far, so I don't have much to compare it to..

In the end though, I'd recommend it!

I love my shoei. Fits my head perfectly, great vents, nice and quiet.

I crash tested one It did a good job I bought another one. I did put a foggy works great.

How do the Shoei RF1000s fit in comparison to the Arai Corsairs? Are they the same head shape are the sizes comparible?
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by HyoSilver View Post
    How do the Shoei RF1000s fit in comparison to the Arai Corsairs? Are they the same head shape are the sizes comparible?
    Your best bet is to try both and see which one fits you best. Both are quality lids, you can't go wrong with either one.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishj View Post
    Your best bet is to try both and see which one fits you best. Both are quality lids, you can't go wrong with either one.
    Yeah, I have an Arai Corsair right now...but I really like the look of some of the Shoei RF-1000...so I just wanted to know how close they were in terms of fitment.

I hear my Shoei RF-1000 Crest. My first helmet and I was luck as the RF-1000 and the RX-7 both fit like a glove in Medium.

Been wearing it around the house trying to break it in. When I play video games, I wear my helmet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoTTY88 View Post
    I hear my Shoei RF-1000 Crest. My first helmet and I was luck as the RF-1000 and the RX-7 both fit like a glove in Medium.

Been wearing it around the house trying to break it in. When I play video games, I wear my helmet lol.
    Haha. Dont know if you were kidding there or not but I did that before. Wore my helmet around the house to break it in. One time, after having a few wobbly pops with friends thought it would be funny to wear it while playing rally sport challenge and halo. You know for the whole space suit effect. lol

Quote Originally Posted by HyoSilver View Post
    Yeah, I have an Arai Corsair right now...but I really like the look of some of the Shoei RF-1000...so I just wanted to know how close they were in terms of fitment.
    I don't know about the '08 Corsair, but I tried on an '09 Corsair V and it's a quality helmet. It feels more "compact" and solid than my RF1000. It feels like it should cost more...and I actually found out it does.

It's also a heck of a lot tighter than the RF1000, and I thought the RF1000 was tight.
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Does anyone have issues with helmet whistle?

I love my RF but it developed a whistle through the visor on the rh side. I've tried switching visors with no luck. First few weeks it was fine but now it whistles. I wear earplugs so it's not a huge issue but it drives me mental if I forget them.

T

PS - my tradition is to run around the house in JUST a new helmet. It's my superstition and it's for good luck (and I imagine it is pretty amusing sight).

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by tarah View Post

I love my RF but it developed a whistle through the visor on the rh side. I've tried switching visors with no luck. First few weeks it was fine but now it whistles. I wear earplugs so it's not a huge issue but it drives me mental if I forget them.

T

PS - my tradition is to run around the house in JUST a new helmet. It's my superstition and it's for good luck (and I imagine it is pretty amusing sight).
    So Where's THOSE Pics ? lol

I don't get any wind noise at all,,Check your visor seal, put a strip of paper between the visor and the seal if the paper slides out you may need to adjust or tighten the visor mounting plate.. It explains how in the manual ,, If you don't have it you can find it here http://www.shoei-helmets.com/manuals.aspx?mid=3

try adjusting the base plates (where the visor mounts) until you have a good seal around the visor

T

~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by BusaBob View Post
    I don't know about the '08 Corsair, but I tried on an '09 Corsair V and it's a quality helmet. It feels more "compact" and solid than my RF1000. It feels like it should cost more...and I actually found out it does.

It's also a heck of a lot tighter than the RF1000, and I thought the RF1000 was tight.

The V5 Jolly Roger is more than a G...that seems like a big leap. I understand Arai Corsairs are the creme de la creme but $1300 really? Anyways I have 3 lids thats pretty much 2 more than I need right now anyway...lol

YouTube video please.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

T

Head straight, I just get loud wind noise. Do a shoulder check to either side and mine whistles. Been that way since day 1. I've put up with it for two seasons, with the help of earplugs, but since the visor and mechanism (prop/lock lever broke late last season) need replacement anyway, I'll try to ensure the visor seal is tight when I fit the replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by beverage View Post
    Head straight, I just get loud wind noise. Do a shoulder check to either side and mine whistles. Been that way since day 1. I've put up with it for two seasons, with the help of earplugs, but since the visor and mechanism (prop/lock lever broke late last season) need replacement anyway, I'll try to ensure the visor seal is tight when I fit the replacements.
    Ditto! exactly the same as mine. I'll try adjusting it, but other than that I love it. Swapped the cheek pads for a tighter fit (nice option) too.

Mark
    06VFR800
    06KTM950A
    07KTM525EXC
    03CR250
    77RD400

Quote Originally Posted by beverage View Post
    The RF-1000 is the most comfortable helmet I've ever owned. It's also the noisiest helmet I've ever owned. Wear earplugs and it's all good.
    Your comment surprises me, beverage, - although not THE quietest helmet I've ever worn, the RF-1000 is one of the quietest helmets I have ever owned.

What other helmets have you owned?

If anyone is interested, I wrote up a full on review for the RF-1000

http://alivetoride.com/motorcycle_ge..._shoei_rf_1000
    Last edited by phoenixfire; 02-17-2009 at 02:18 AM.
    www.alivetoride.com - a site for motorcycle enthusiasts.