'question' about yamaha dt200

Thread: 'question' about yamaha dt200

kw3sy

'question' about yamaha dt200

could some 1 please tell how much 2stroke oil is consumed per liter of gas? on a dt 200 1994.
    have removed dis-functional oil pump and want 2 know exact amount of 2stroke oil to mix in the gas deposit.
    thanks in advance

Re: 'question' about yamaha dt200

Start at 32/1 and back off till it doesn't smoke.

Yeah 32:1 is a good place to start, make sure your using an oil specifically designed for premix application, and a good synthetic.

You could run into a lean condition, as the oil pump feeds the intake directly. If your premixing then your main jet is flowing oil and fuel, instead of just fuel- should do a plug chop to make sure.

Great bike that 200 always wanted the TDR 250 very rare over here, but i have seen them.

Good luck !

I would you would be fine at 50/1 with dino oil
    I like the amsoil 100/1 synthetic, mix at 60/1
    I have used it for years in a h.p outboards with no problems.

if you start to premix, you will need to rejet your carbs. the oil will lean the mixture out.

there is a thread from earlier this year about this exact topic, same type of bike i believe.

kw3sy

thanks all, 4 the info will continue experimenting till i find the perfect ratio

i have mounted a carb from a wr200 mounted so wont have problem w jet since carb is made 4 premix
    i live in greece and i use a greek oil 'sarol' (http://www.sarol.gr/) not very common even in greece but is the best oil ive ever used!

Wink Re: 'question' about yamaha dt200

50:1 i do not think so unless you want to shorten your engine life. this is not an outboard!

i'm running 24:1 in my dt200...runs strong

yes, premix does slightly lean out the jetting - but its slightly rich from the factory with stock jetting.

mine runs great premixed with stock jetting, doesn't smoke, and i've never fouled a plug. i use the bike for dirt only. if i was running on the street i would go one step larger on the main jet and thats it. the carb has an access hole in the bottom of it so you can change the main without having to remove the carb.

i would not run less than 32:1 NEVER. my bike is running on interceptor full synthetic two stroke oil available at canadian tire.

better soot on your plugs than daylight through your piston
    Last edited by boyoboy; 12-07-2008 at 02:52 PM.
    DEMOCRACY - NOT PLUTOCRACY www.globalresearch.ca

an outboard would have a lot more load put on it then your dt200.
    I dont no why you bike wouldn't live at 50/1
    A snowmoble engine will, and a again, I think it also would also have more of a load on it then a dt200

Harrison L.

I am unable to afford to buy a larger cc bike because of insurance, so i went with a 1988 yamaha dt200, i was wondering what would be the best way to increase the horsepower, and just get a little more kick out of it.

Good advice above

Start off at 32:1 and rejet as it will run weak. Make sure you plug up the oil intake in the carb

Are we sure the oil pump only feeds the intake?

I know some oil pumps feed certain bearings and a switch to premix isn't always possible
    ride - if you want to

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag View Post
    Are we sure the oil pump only feeds the intake?

I know some oil pumps feed certain bearings and a switch to premix isn't always possible

geez! i sure hope the pump doesn't feed any bearings! when i bought my 84 it already had the pump disconnected. a rudimentary look last year showed lines plugged from pump to the carb.

can anyone confirm for me that the pump doesn't feed any bearings?
    DEMOCRACY - NOT PLUTOCRACY www.globalresearch.ca