music while trackin? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: music while trackin?

Re: music while trackin?

I think you need to watch some more movies.

Quote Originally Posted by g4getmoney View Post
    I got promoted from boiler room phone operator, they let the real sophisticated institutional investors, loosing 80% Year To Date in their client's portfolios handle phone operator now!

Is it getting hot down there for you fellas? Because we're shutting down the heat shortly when we dip into a recession and even boiler room operator will be a blessing, ask the auto workers! It's all fun and games until we stop laughing at the US, take a deep breath and look at our account statements, as Canadians, an extremely high Debt/Capita country, we're going to feel that heat, sort of like being in your leathers on a hot day.

Not a day trader, but what's wrong with that? It bought my bike, paid my tuition in full, it's earning almost 10% monthly and I can graduate school without the fear of looking for a job. I'm not going to be stuck in the rat race, what's wrong with that?
    u called yourself a pro, we are just wondering a pro what? did you go to school to be a pro? like a doctor, lawyer, etc etc.
    lots of folks have made money in the past market.....now not so much......just ask your fellow brilliant financial minds at meryl lynch, aig, and my personal favorite : http://www.lehmanbrothers.com/

Just wondering why you don't take of your clients that you brag have lost 80% as well...you know maybe get them to invest in something else before this market tanked?
    Last edited by murf; 12-04-2008 at 07:46 PM.

You are confused my friend.

I was reffering to the majority of other investors are loosing money, those that are with me are not losing a single penny, in fact it's on the flipside.

Anyways, I'm not going into finances in this post, just wanted to mention that you misunderstood the thread, I would not be bragging for loosing clients 80%, I'd be out working extra hours to try and help them out.

Besides, you already asked me about this through PM and got an adequate answer, what are you trying to prove with this post??

In today's market, making money is a challenge as everyone is scrambling while the ground beneath them is caving, I'm still making $. Enough said.

Anybody else... ?

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    u called yourself a pro, we are just wondering a pro what? did you go to school to be a pro? like a doctor, lawyer, etc etc.
    lots of folks have made money in the past market.....now not so much......just ask your fellow brilliant financial minds at meryl lynch, aig, and my personal favorite : http://www.lehmanbrothers.com/

Just wondering why you don't take of your clients that you brag have lost 80% as well...you know maybe get them to invest in something else before this market tanked?

you might want to go check the time this was posted.......you sent me a PM afterwards ? I'm sure you can understand the confusion after this:

i'm hearing of some clients loosing 75% of their retirement portfolio YTD, and they're at retirement age...way off topic of course
    Last edited by murf; 12-05-2008 at 08:42 AM.

I got promoted from boiler room phone operator, they let the real sophisticated institutional investors, loosing 80% Year To Date in their client's portfolios handle phone operator now!

Is it getting hot down there for you fellas? Because we're shutting down the heat shortly when we dip into a recession and even boiler room operator will be a blessing, ask the auto workers! It's all fun and games until we stop laughing at the US, take a deep breath and look at our account statements, as Canadians, an extremely high Debt/Capita country, we're going to feel that heat, sort of like being in your leathers on a hot day.

Not a day trader, but what's wrong with that? It bought my bike, paid my tuition in full, it's earning almost 10% monthly and I can graduate school without the fear of looking for a job. I'm not going to be stuck in the rat race, what's wrong with that?
    I was just horsing around, trying to be funny. It actually doesn't matter to me what you do.

--- D

He is a tad touchy isn't he....

You should see my received PM... exciting stuff... LMFAO
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    He is a tad touchy isn't he....

You should see my received PM... exciting stuff... LMFAO
    You too eh? I'll have to look out for stalkers !

BOOBIES!

that's what you need - he was nice to me!

Having one ear bud in while riding at the track may actually help my performance.. Everyone is different. As it is right now I usually have a tune in my head while I am talking myself through the track. Why not have music on low in the back ground?
    I would love to try this but I can only imagine the outrage or disgust from anyone that noticed it. Which would be understandable since I do agree it would probably distract "most". Maybe me also, but, maybe not..
    The right music for the right person at the right volume could keep them in the zone instead of taking them out. Maybe?

havin_fun

Quote Originally Posted by almostlivin View Post
    Which would be understandable since I do agree it would probably distract "most". Maybe me also, but, maybe not..
    The right music for the right person at the right volume could keep them in the zone instead of taking them out. Maybe?
    A distraction is a distraction, period. Until you're so good that listening to music won't be a distraction, you may want to re-think how helpful it may be.

One of the main reasons I ride is because it pretty much absorbs all my attention, giving a brief respite from all the other background thoughts and noise. The best word I can think of is that having to do something so single-minded is "refreshing". Brisk street riding used to be sufficient to achieve this, but over the years the street has become less of a challenge (in the good ways). So I now get refreshed at the track.

Maybe I'm a bit of a simple sort, but riding at my limits (as modest as they may be compared to others) requires all my attention. And I like it that way.

Again, there's a reason track day organizers encourage new riders to tape over their speedometers. Unless you have enough discipline not to be distracted, the last thing you want is to be checking out "how fast" when you should be "braking NOW".

Quote Originally Posted by havin_fun View Post
    A distraction is a distraction, period. Until you're so good that listening to music won't be a distraction, you may want to re-think how helpful it may be.
    Especially if it only playing to one ear... that would be terrible....
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Having one ear bud in while riding at the track may actually help my performance.. Everyone is different. As it is right now I usually have a tune in my head while I am talking myself through the track. Why not have music on low in the back ground?
    I would love to try this but I can only imagine the outrage or disgust from anyone that noticed it. Which would be understandable since I do agree it would probably distract "most". Maybe me also, but, maybe not..
    Again, how many hockey, basketball, or football players have you seen listening to music while they play? How many musicians have you seen listening to other music while they play. If the task at hand isn't consuming enough of your attention to keep you in the zone, then you are not really that into it...

--- D

Ahaha, if you or anyone else needed music to help keep you "in the zone" while on the track..... frankly, i'd say they had no business being on a track in the first place.

Being on the track itself should command your full attention, no other catalyst should be required. I can say that i am never more aware then i am while on track. Never.

Think about the balance thing, once one of my ear plugs started to come out and threw me off big time...I could not ride, not that I can normally, but I really sucked that lap
    *~Maggie~*

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Being on the track itself *will* command your full attention, no other catalyst *will* be required.
    Fixed
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

I'm having a DVD system installed in my helmet right now.

I'm gonna watch bikerboyz while I ride.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post

It would be better if you installed it in the tank. That way you'd have something to watch while tucked in for the long boring straight parts. Put one on the back too, so the guy drafting you has something to watch.
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/306/signaturelj4.jpg

Liar! You'll be watching Miss Congeniality and you know it!

Quote Originally Posted by franz131 View Post
    Fixed
    Ha, for the most part ya.

Last year at Round 5 i has having some stichion problems with the forks. It turns out i had a tweaked fork tube but towards the end of friday practice it couldn't get it out of my head... i went out for a few laps and knew i wasn't in my right head space so i just packed it in for the day.