Dec Show VS. Jan Show

Thread: Dec Show VS. Jan Show

Dec Show VS. Jan Show

What's the differences between the Dec motorcycle show and the Jan motorcycle show? I checked both websites and they look very similar in what they offer.

I would mainly be going to either motorcycle show to see sport bikes and to buy some new gear such as a full face Arai/Shark/Shoei helmet and probably boots/gloves.

Anybody got the low down for me? Thanks very much.

Re: Dec Show VS. Jan Show

December you see all the new bikes. January you can buy cup holder made by leather pouch with a cheap $50 non dot helmets to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by k4gsxxxr View Post
    december you see all the new bikes. January you can buy cup holder made by leather pouch with a cheap $50 non dot helmets to go with.
    :d:d:d
    00 CBR600F4
    84 CB750SC Nighthawk - Sold
    07 CBR125R - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by 123justin View Post
    What's the differences between the Dec motorcycle show and the Jan motorcycle show? I checked both websites and they look very similar in what they offer.

I would mainly be going to either motorcycle show to see sport bikes and to buy some new gear such as a full face Arai/Shark/Shoei helmet and probably boots/gloves.

Anybody got the low down for me? Thanks very much.
    Downtown = New bike show
    Airport = Gear and bikes for sale <--- This is what you want
    SOAR Novice #113

Free parking at the January show.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

To put it another way; The December show is put on by the manufacturers, the January SuperShow is for dealers.

Thanks for the answers. I love you all.

joepua

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post

Quote Originally Posted by K4GSXXXR View Post
    December you see all the new bikes. January you can buy cup holder made by leather pouch with a cheap $50 non dot helmets to go with.
    and then there is the third show, where you can buy processed meat and herbal healthcare products.

January is the bigger show at the International Centre near the airport. It takes almost a full day if you walk around and see everything. It ranges from gear to bikes to bike parts to mc clubs. You can get a real bargain if you wait until the last day, when everyones packing up and just throw out an offer. If you're only attending one show, this is the one. Downside is its too close to Christmas and the credit card is maxed out before the show.
    December is the smaller show downtown Toronto. It takes a couple of hours to go around and see everthing. As everyone stated, mostly motorcycle dealers selling new product and a few assorted people selling accessories or gear ie. Freak'n Leather. Good for calendars and posters , photo ops with pin-up models, and sitting on every bike you think you might or might not want to own. If you're not in the market for a new ride, it can be a yawn. I find it does appeal to the non-riders in the family, as they can all sit on a bike, smile, pose for a pic and pretend to ride. (so if your GF/BF/ sig other doesn't ride, this can be a good opportunity to share some quality time before going out to dinner or drinks downtown).
    April is sort of a mish-mash and a smaller show. A few of the displays seem to have no connection to bikes at all.
    Then there's the other shows, like the man's show, where they just throw in a few bikes along with the pimped out rides,minibikes, and beer tents, and are not usually well attended by mc riders.
    Of course, you can buy manly processed meat products at all events (bikes and pepperettes, I could never figure out the connection).
    Last edited by zoomerthe1; 11-28-2008 at 09:43 AM.
    Got Torque?

Quote Originally Posted by K4GSXXXR View Post

Hahah its funny because its so true.

2001 CBR600F4i
    1992 CBR250RR

If you have to chose and actually want to buy gear, then the Jan show is the one to go to. Been to both and the best deals are at the supershow. also, for me, it's easier to get to and free parking. Usually it's absolutely packed, try to be there 1st thing in the AM.

We'll be doing both shows this winter.

I'm going to the January show on the sunday hoping to pick up a helmet and boots at a deeeeeeeeep discount

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    Free parking in December, too. Just ride to the show.
    If it's too loud you're too old.