SOAR Rulebook and Documents - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: SOAR Rulebook and Documents

Re: SOAR Rulebook and Documents

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    No, a 600.

A litre bike has no net advantage on that track.
    I'm pretty sure the extra 60hp is pretty useful down the front stretch and between 1 and 2, plus the minimal extra weight doesn't really impede the other corners, from what i've experienced i'd say there is a net gain on the liter bikes @ Cayuga.
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I'm pretty sure the extra 60hp is pretty useful down the front stretch and between 1 and 2, plus the minimal extra weight doesn't really impede the other corners, from what i've experienced i'd say there is a net gain on the liter bikes @ Cayuga.
    If you go to Shanny or Mosport then you'll see which bike has an advantage at Cayuga, it's definitely not a litre bike.

As per what guys should be running, for 3 track days and a track only 600, I'd say about 1:23-1:25. I rode some 1:25 with my street bike there, meaning I was holding a bit back, didn't wanna wad it up Oh and I'm a girl, girls are slow anyways
    *~Maggie~*

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha_Gurl View Post
    As per what guys should be running, for 3 track days and a track only 600, I'd say about 1:23-1:25. I rode some 1:25 with my street bike there, meaning I was holding a bit back, didn't wanna wad it up Oh and I'm a girl, girls are slow anyways
    I think you're pretty much on the mark.. Last weekend was my first time at Cayuga and my first time on the R6,, (I've always ridden my SV on the track) I was getting used to both the track and bike.. Being used to a SV I was lugging the engine a lot. Because Intermediate and Beginner were combined there was a lot of slow traffic.. By the end of the day I was able to get in a few 1:26-1:27 laps , And I know I was slow through turn 1 , 4 and I think if I was in the fast group I could have gotten around 1:24-1:25.. (And figure out that line through 4)

I think Rookie is going to be a lot faster than a lot think,, There's quite a few very fast track day riders that have never raced going to be there..

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Nothing bugs me more than people cherry picking. When I went Pro I had no choice and thats the way it should be. If you have the skills and are cleaning up in AM/Nov then you need to take the next step. There is way to much sandbagging going on with people cleaning up all the contingency money and orgs turn a blind eye. Thats just wrong, we will not. If that means someone leaves then so be it.
    I think that's a important point, If there's a lot of Cherrypicking going on then a lot of the Rookies with a few track days and no racing experience are going to get discouraged.. if there's riders, Who may be technically rookies are turning Pro lap times, Stuffing riders in the corners and cleaning up they'll get discouraged and won't be back..

Even at track day you get it,, I was getting passed a lot by one "Intermediate" rider.. When I sat out a session I timed him in the 1:19-1:20 Range.. I don't know why, If you're that fast you would'nt want to move up a group.
    Last edited by CBRJOHN; 04-24-2009 at 09:20 AM.

I am shooting for a 1:17 on the SV ... Maybe 1:16's in a race setting.

Was in the high 1:18's last year, but alas, my lap timer is on the fritz. I know I am running quicker then that now.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

I smell an SV - CRF battle in the works.

I'll try not to take too much paint off your tractor, Ma'am

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    I smell an SV - CRF battle in the works.

I'll try not to take too much paint off your tractor, Ma'am
    I think red white and blue will go nice together

Go USA!!!!!

We will look like a couple of hobbits clawing and kicking at each other on the brakes... lol.

R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    What have you experienced?

The +60hp does give an advantage on the front and back straights.

The agility of the 600 gives an advantage from turn 2 through turn 11b.

For an inexperienced rider the win probably goes to the litre bike, for a good rider that could ride the bags off either bike the win would to go the 600.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    What have you experienced?

The +60hp does give an advantage on the front and back straights.

The agility of the 600 gives an advantage from turn 2 through turn 11b.

For an inexperienced rider the win probably goes to the litre bike, for a good rider that could ride the bags off either bike the win would to go the 600.
    I ran faster on my 600 at TMP then I ever did on my 1000. About 40HP diff. The track is alot of fun on a 600. I have learned alot on the 600. Wish I would of had the bike years ago! Looking forward to the first round.
    Pro # 175

Thanks to my Sponsors: Racer5, SpeedWorx, SpeedGear, Kawasaki Canada,
    Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

I've done the Bertil Roos Racing School, it was a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by budlitefan View Post
    I've done the Bertil Roos Racing School, it was a good time.
    brool story co