Grab a winter beater + add to policy = free insurance

Thread: Grab a winter beater + add to policy = free insurance

Grab a winter beater + add to policy = free insurance

It almost seems too good to be true, but here's how I just got free insurance from now until March:

I bought a used scooter, I wanted to put theft coverage on it immediately even though its in storage.

I called up Meloche Monnex, told them I wanted to add the scooter. They told me adding another motorcycle to an existing motorcycle policy is free from here until end of Feb, early March. Sweet!

I got all kinds of theft, perils, etc. All the coverage I could get, for free. They're actually crediting my credit card with $3 because I have a multi-vehicle line or paying by credit card or something, I wasn't really listening, but I'm getting $3 and not paying a cent, so it sounded good.

~~~~~~~

In January they'll send me a letter stating what I'll need to pay for a FULL YEAR... of course it'll be a huge number because of all the coverages I added, but I already made sure that coverage would not be automatically renewed, so I'll have lots of time to shop around for scooter insurance come spring time. In the mean time, I can ride the scooter whenever, and put my motorcycle in her place in storage where the salt won't find her

I have no idea if this is common practice in the industry or not... but money is short right now so I'm excited enough about this to want to share it and maybe help someone else crazy enough to ride through the winter
    Last edited by adri; 10-27-2010 at 08:37 PM.

Re: Grab a winter beater + add to policy = free insurance

same with Primmum.

For any motorcycle I add to the policy now, I only pay $25 admin fee until policy renewal time in February.
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by BusaBob View Post
    same with Primmum.

For any motorcycle I add to the policy now, I only pay $25 admin fee until policy renewal time in February.
    Primmum actually did that? Wow. I left them awhile back because they were rapists. Has anyone else had this experience?

Obiwan Kenoobie

Quote Originally Posted by BusaBob View Post
    same with Primmum.

yup, cuz Primmum = TD Meloche Monnex

TD Insurance Meloche Monnex refers to the home and auto insurance program underwritten by Primmum Insurance Company.