LCD display and Tachometer DIED!!! (2002 CBR600 F4I)

Thread: LCD display and Tachometer DIED!!! (2002 CBR600 F4I)

Exclamation LCD display and Tachometer DIED!!! (2002 CBR600 F4I)

Hey guys,

I'm having a very bad today... First, I got a leak and now my indicator does not work anymore. I was hooking up the new undertail that I got, and when I turned on the bike, I think I heard a click and now the LCD display and tachometer don't work anymore. However, I still see the time on my LCD display (No back light, no Neutral Green light, nothing...just black), and when I turn on my high beam, the blue LED lights up on my display. Did I blow up a fuse or something? What's going on?

Any help is much appreciated....

Thanks,

Kevin

Re: LCD display and Tachometer DIED!!! (2002 CBR600 F4I)

Yups,
    check fuses first
    Quote Originally Posted by badboikilla View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm having a very bad today... First, I got a leak and now my indicator does not work anymore. I was hooking up the new undertail that I got, and when I turned on the bike, I think I heard a click and now the LCD display and tachometer don't work anymore. However, I still see the time on my LCD display (No back light, no Neutral Green light, nothing...just black), and when I turn on my high beam, the blue LED lights up on my display. Did I blow up a fuse or something? What's going on?

Any help is much appreciated....

Thanks,

Kevin
    Dem man nah realize de way I do de technology way don't I identify dey oola dem idiot sound bwoy already ya nah rude bwoy

Where is the fuse that connects to the tachometer located? How do I know if it's the fuse or not?

Thanks,

Kevin

Find the fuse box, most likely located beside your battery. There should be a diagram on the box that details which fuse protects which circuit (Slot B for 01-03 F4i tach, speedo, neutral, etc.). Remove the fuse in question and inspect it... if you can't tell visually, test the continuity using a meter.

Finally, keep in mind that the blown fuse is not the problem, but rather a result of the main problem. Re-check all your undertail wiring, something's not right. Good luck!

If the fuse is blown, where can I get a new fuse? (Canadian tire?) If I connected the wrong wires to my undertail LEDs, is there a chance that I've blown the LEDs as well or will the fuse protect them?

Thanks,

Kevin

If the fuse is blown, check the wiring before you put a new one in. Find the problem. If you can't find anything wrong, disconnect the undertail before you put in the new fuse. If everything works fine with the undertail disconnected, obviously that's where the problem is. Depending on how the QC was on the undertail, you could wire it right and it still may not work. Just keep that in mind.

the images below show the differences of a good fuse and a blown fuse:

Good fuse:

Blown fuse:

As mentioned the fuse is not the problem but a result of the problem.

Smile Re: LCD display and Tachometer DIED!!! (2002 CBR600 F4I)

Thanks for the reply Joe. Do you think Canadian tire would have it?

Quote Originally Posted by badboikilla View Post
    Thanks for the reply Joe. Do you think Canadian tire would have it?
    I'd be surprised if they didn't, but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask. There's also a good possibility that you've got a spare fuse located either in or outside of your fuse box.

I also think that CT has digital meters on sale this week, for $9... definitely a worthwhile investment if you don't own one already.