Shark RSR2 - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shark RSR2

Re: Shark RSR2

I just picked up my Shark RSR2 from GP Bikes. Is there a North American shortage of blue graphic helmets, or is it just me?? I'm lovin it! No fog, very quiet, love the visor system, fits my head like a glove (*Note: I came from Arai. G-Max doesn't fit my head at ALL. No cheek pressure, huge gap near my ears, it was just sittin on my noodle). Can't wait to pickup my blue mirror visor

I had NEVER seen this colour/graphic pattern from Shark before! As soon as I seen it, I had to have it! WOOT!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

Kinda unrelated but here are some of my current "like to drive fast" songs:

Akon - I'm So Paid Ft. Lil' Wayne And Young Jeezy
    Lady GaGa - Lovegame

I can't wait to bust some Lil Wayne and rip Twyn Rivers. That could be dangerous GoPro here we come! WOOT WOOT!

-Jamie M.

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    I just picked up my Shark RSR2 from GP Bikes. Is there a North American shortage of blue graphic helmets, or is it just me?? I'm lovin it! No fog, very quiet, love the visor system, fits my head like a glove (*Note: I came from Arai. G-Max doesn't fit my head at ALL. No cheek pressure, huge gap near my ears, it was just sittin on my noodle). Can't wait to pickup my blue mirror visor

I had NEVER seen this colour/graphic pattern from Shark before! As soon as I seen it, I had to have it! WOOT!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

Lady GaGa - Lovegame

I can't wait to bust some Lil Wayne and rip Twyn Rivers. That could be dangerous GoPro here we come! WOOT WOOT!

-Jamie M.
    Looks great! I've also been looking for blue in this helmet and have never seen this style of blue anywhere online. I can't even find any style blue RSR2's online to buy. Do they have more left at GP Biles? How much was it?

Quote Originally Posted by unL33T View Post
    Looks great! I've also been looking for blue in this helmet and have never seen this style of blue anywhere online. I can't even find any style blue RSR2's online to buy. Do they have more left at GP Biles? How much was it?
    Yeah, the blue supply of Shark helmets has really dried up. You'll have to go there or call and ask. Seems like they have good stock of them, but a limited amount on display.

I paid $400 + tax.

-Jamie M.

Thanks for the info. None left in my size in that colour though. Maybe I'll head down on Saturday to try it on and hope my melon is large enough for an XL instead of an L.

Yeah, the blue supply of Shark helmets has really dried up. You'll have to go there or call and ask. Seems like they have good stock of them, but a limited amount on display.

I paid $400 + tax.

-Jamie M.
    What year is your helmet made?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistero2009 View Post
    What year is your helmet made?
    How do I check?

-Jamie M.

How do I check?

-Jamie M.
    There should be a tag on the inner lining of the helmet. Let me know what year that thing was manufactured cuz my RSX is almost 5 years old and this seems like a flimsy enough excuse to get me a blue helmet

Says 2006

-Jamie M.

Says 2006

-Jamie M.
    LOL ah crap i'm gonna have to fight this temptation hard......

Just at GP bikes today...Very little Sharks left says the female that helped (very little) me out. She said they wont be ordering anymore Shark helmets because they wont stamp them with Dot. True or not I dont know because I talk to another dealer and they said they arent having problems.

I am looking for the red and black version of that blue one. Or the Flat black Absolut. Pm me is you know where one is looking to spend 400

I've seen CRAZY prices on the black ones! Like $800 to $1000!!!!

Pannon has the all red one in stock (same model as mine) for $379: http://www.pannonsports.com/store/pr...5&cat=0&page=1

Or black red and silver for $379:
    http://www.pannonsports.com/store/pr...1&cat=0&page=1

Only problem is finding them in the size you need.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Royal Distributing has these on now for $200. Including the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketrc51 View Post
    Royal Distributing has these on now for $200. Including the blue.
    I was at their tent sale... they didn't have any RSR2's.

They had TONS of RSI's. Are those what you're talking about?
    Last edited by unL33T; 04-21-2009 at 10:06 PM.

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

Lady GaGa - Lovegame

-Jamie M.
    Found one just like this ^^^ at Tri-City Motorsport in Waterloo in XL. Unfortunately for me it seems that my head is more RSX-shaped than RSR2-shaped. The large RSX fit better than the extra large RSR2 and they had another great colour scheme on the RSX so I went with that. The price difference was only about $20 so it was a very hard decision.

Here's a pic of the one I got:

For anyone curious about the differences between the RSX and RSR2, here's what I've noticed.
    - RSR2 is slightly lighter. Supposedly built from stronger but lighter materials.
    - RSX seems to have more of a round shape.
    - RSR2 has nicer padding material.
    - RSR2 has a higher quality vent design which I think also allows for slightly better ventilation (I haven't ridden with either yet so I could be wrong about that one) and is probably more durable.
    - both get a 5/5 Sharp rating and both are DOT and ECE approved.
    - RSR2 is slightly more expensive but if they both fit you nicely the extra price would be worth it IMO.

Found one just like this ^^^ at Tri-City Motorsport in Waterloo in XL. Unfortunately for me it seems that my head is more RSX-shaped than RSR2-shaped. The large RSX fit better than the extra large RSR2 and they had another great colour scheme on the RSX so I went with that. The price difference was only about $20 so it was a very hard decision.

Here's a pic of the one I got:

For anyone curious about the differences between the RSX and RSR2, here's what I've noticed.
    - RSR2 is slightly lighter. Supposedly built from stronger but lighter materials.
    - RSX seems to have more of a round shape.
    - RSR2 has nicer padding material.
    - RSR2 has a higher quality vent design which I think also allows for slightly better ventilation (I haven't ridden with either yet so I could be wrong about that one) and is probably more durable.
    - both get a 5/5 Sharp rating and both are DOT and ECE approved.
    - RSR2 is slightly more expensive but if they both fit you nicely the extra price would be worth it IMO.
    Just to add to that (not sure if I put it in this thread already), the RSR2 has removable cheek padding, so you can customize the fit a bit. For example, I have a medium RSR2, but with small or XS cheekpads, to give a tighter fit. Of course, you'd have to find a local shop to do this for you and try some different shell/padding combinations. You can't do that if you order online...

--- D

Quote Originally Posted by Duster929 View Post
    Just to add to that (not sure if I put it in this thread already), the RSR2 has removable cheek padding, so you can customize the fit a bit. For example, I have a medium RSR2, but with small or XS cheekpads, to give a tighter fit. Of course, you'd have to find a local shop to do this for you and try some different shell/padding combinations. You can't do that if you order online...

--- D
    Yeah we (myself and the sales lady) tried to make the XL RSR2 fit a little better by swapping the cheek pads with a L. Unfortunately it seemed most of the fit difference was in the top part of the helmet so making the cheek pads a little tighter didn't make a huge difference.

As part of my comparison I should've also mentioned that I'm pretty sure the RSX and RSR2 both use the same visor.

As part of my comparison I should've also mentioned that I'm pretty sure the RSX and RSR2 both use the same visor.
    Which, as it happens, is one of the best visors on the market, IMO. Only problem is that replacement visors are ridiculous expensive. Smoke/tinted visors run $70-$100... But you can sometimes find deals.

--- D

Quote Originally Posted by Duster929 View Post
    Which, as it happens, is one of the best visors on the market, IMO. Only problem is that replacement visors are ridiculous expensive. Smoke/tinted visors run $70-$100... But you can sometimes find deals.

--- D
    Yea I have an RSX and the visor and visor changing system is unmatched anywhere on the market. I can change it out with one hand in like 5 minutes....no twisting or pulling of funny little tabs anywhere. I'd stay with shark lids for the visor system alone.

Tri City Cycle in Waterloo still has a bunch of RSX and RSR2 helmets. I picked up this guy today since mine took a little damage in my spill. Feels like such a waste to replace my current RSX though... practically nothing wrong with it at all besides a couple scratches.

I've had to send Tri City an email though cuz the chin vent seems to be a little flaky on this one. Hopefully they fix it up for me without too much hassle.