Shark RSR2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shark RSR2

Shark RSR2

Picked up my brand new RSR2(walker) helmet from Envy rides over the weekend. Thinks its great! Walking around the house making sure it's nice a snug. Picked it up for 350 which is great since it's about $700. Got great reviews online for this years helmet. Got a large, fits nice and snug. I've got a oval-round shape head. Looking forward to the spring to appreciate low noise and good vetalation. BTW did i mention it's one of the lightest helmet on the market?

Re: Shark RSR2

Shark is great, I have an RSX myself... great venting, so far nothing has broken off like my previous Icon or Shoei helmets. And like you said, nice and light.... I have a perfect Shark head and wouldn't wear anything other unless it's an Arai or Suomy

The RSR2 is a very very good helmet. Head and shoulders above anything else in their range

I'm being sponsored by them next year and I think its very comparable in quality to the Shoei's I had this year.

They have any other larges? I didn't see any during their parking lot event. I've been trying to snag an RSR2 at a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by minkis View Post
    They have any other larges? I didn't see any during their parking lot event. I've been trying to snag an RSR2 at a discount.
    I think they may have a silver on that was a large. I think it was called the supra? but not 100%. Give 'em a quick ring just incase Cheers!

I have a Shark RSI (Eden white) and I absolutely love it. Its my favorite helmet and easily the best bang for buck you can find. I find Shark to have the best paint schemes and finishes in the biz and their safety and comfort are beyond reproach. I have my eye on the Black version of the Eden as of right now
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Shaft View Post
    I think they may have a silver on that was a large. I think it was called the supra? but not 100%. Give 'em a quick ring just incase Cheers!
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by minkis View Post
    Pannon has all his shark lids 50% off

Quote Originally Posted by HyoSilver View Post
    I have a Shark RSI (Eden white) and I absolutely love it. Its my favorite helmet and easily the best bang for buck you can find. I find Shark to have the best paint schemes and finishes in the biz and their safety and comfort are beyond reproach. I have my eye on the Black version of the Eden as of right now
    that's a sweet helmet, I was going to get that... but eventually chose the Acid (Black) design

I have a couple of Shark helmets and really like them. The visor-change system is the best one out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    I have a couple of Shark helmets and really like them. The visor-change system is the best one out there!
    Bar none! It literally takes 15 seconds for me to swap visors. AGV needs to rip of that design cuz swapping vizors on my Rossi is a pain in the arse!
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by HyoSilver View Post
    Bar none! It literally takes 15 seconds for me to swap visors. AGV needs to rip of that design cuz swapping vizors on my Rossi is a pain in the arse!
    Shark's swapping visor system is very good. The only one which is better, I think, is Shoei RF-1000. But Shark RSR2 visors themselves are much better (not to mention FOG FREE!) than Shoei!

+1 i have a RSX and used it all last season.
    Best helmet ive owned so far! Everything from lightweight, comfort, good ventilation and that superthick non-fogging 3mm visor lol.

GPBikes in Ajax has the RSR2 helmets on for $399, sale ends Nov 30th

http://gpbikes.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=7

love it!!!! My fourth Shark....(I too have a problem, like the people on the RX-7 corsair post)
    Premium dude......PREEEMMIIIUMMMMM!!!!

yup, I love my RSR2, I would rate it right between my RF1000 and RX7 both of which cost alot more than the shark

Quote Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
    love it!!!! My fourth Shark....(I too have a problem, like the people on the RX-7 corsair post)
    sweet lid... what design is that?

^
    RSR2 Absolute Black
    Premium dude......PREEEMMIIIUMMMMM!!!!

I've used my RSR for 2 years now. Love the helmet. Fits great, no fog, thick shield.
    I wonder about long term durability. One of the plastic bits that guide the shield broke.
    The slider that opens and closes the top vent broke off. I'll keep it for another season or two.

+1. I've got a Walker replica RSR2 that is an '06 model I believe, although I bought it in '07 for $450 at Pro6. Fantastic helmet, and I can't imagine I'd buy anything else for the track... On the road, there are some touring helmets I might like, but they probably will involve some compromise from the RSR2.

The only problem I have with mine is that I get a lot of buffeting when I'm riding 2-up... But none on the track or riding solo...

That being said, I've put tens of thousands of km on the RSR2, both street and track, and never have I wanted to trade it for a different helmet. Even with the buffeting it's still comfortable, quiet, and light.

--- D