OPP officer cleared of stunt-driving charge - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OPP officer cleared of stunt-driving charge

Re: OPP officer cleared of stunt-driving charge

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post
    ranges between 80-100 if memory serves...
    Sounds right; 100 in the southern section and 80-90 in the north, as it approaches Hwy7.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Hwy 115/35 is 90km/h between 401, and 35 cutoff. From 35 to hwy 7 it's 100km/h
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/306/signaturelj4.jpg

Was the car's speedo calibrated? Who knows?

Why would she wait 6 days to report this? Really, why would she report a fellow cop? This just does not make sense. If she was so outraged by the speed she would have reported him right away.

Quote Originally Posted by djltoronto View Post
    In this case - there was an eye witness, who observed the calibrated speedometer of the car in question...
    Thomas Jefferson said "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty".

Great question. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by camber View Post
    Why would you risk your job and potential advancement over a speeding ticket?
    Thomas Jefferson said "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty".

Quote Originally Posted by ddusseld View Post
    Was the car's speedo calibrated? Who knows?

Why would she wait 6 days to report this? Really, why would she report a fellow cop? This just does not make sense. If she was so outraged by the speed she would have reported him right away.
    It was a OPP cruiser, so presumably so.

Do you know how someone who crosses the 'thin blue line' and reports a fellow officer is treated in the detachment? It would take a few days of soul searching to figure out if she should or not.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

pretty sad that she reported it, but also pretty sad him going off with the "its cause im black" thing... maybe its cause your an *** hole..maybe its cause your dumb enough to drive like an *** hole.. oh well, I guess it worked for him, maybe I should move to a place like Markham(where the visible minorities over populate the non minorities...if that even makes sence) and start using the same style of defence for everything I do wrong...its almost frigin 2009!!!!!
    Yellow fever!!! I love Japanese........Bikes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KawiZuki View Post
    So where does this leave the rest of us?

Well, based on the article, I can tell you that if I get charged with stunt-driving, I am calling the Defence lawyer who represented the offcier... lawyer William MacKenzie
    Security transcends technology

Didn't she say she was in the car with him and saw the speed??? How much more evidence do you want? To me this sounds much better from a cop saying he got you on radar...

Right or not, frankly I think she is a ***** for reporting him, she should have told him to slow down... Makes you wonder about some of them...

Stay under the radar and know when to crank it

Quote Originally Posted by ddusseld View Post
    I'm not defending the cop but this would have been a travesty if a conviction occurred. No notes, no measuring device, charges 6 days later, contradictory testimony. Why oh why would this cop have laid these charges? It makes no sense. It really looks like there was an ulterior motive.

so even if he "averaged" 134kmh...it's not like he wouldn't of had "absolutely" no traffic to contend with, so the dangerous driving charge would have come into play at some point as he would have to maneuver around cars to keep up his average...and WTF is this cop doing waiting for 6 days to do anything...i hope i ain't lying on the road bleeding when she shows up, don't think i will last 6 minutes...as usual a tonne of info is missing...still, i walk into places and look at the mess other people have made in my line of work and give them ****...it makes me look bad...(yes im just a nerd, but i hate lazy nerd workmanship)...i don't care whot he boss is, so she shouldn't care either, waiting 6 days...geez...maybe if she pulls me over one day, i will ask her to hold on a sec, at least it will take her 6 days to notice that im not there anymore...alright, enough drinking, im going home...lol...

Quote Originally Posted by DucDic View Post
    so even if he "averaged" 134kmh...it's not like he wouldn't of had "absolutely" no traffic to contend with, so the dangerous driving charge would have come into play at some point as he would have to maneuver around cars to keep up his average...and WTF is this cop doing waiting for 6 days to do anything...i hope i ain't lying on the road bleeding when she shows up, don't think i will last 6 minutes...as usual a tonne of info is missing...still, i walk into places and look at the mess other people have made in my line of work and give them ****...it makes me look bad...(yes im just a nerd, but i hate lazy nerd workmanship)...i don't care whot he boss is, so she shouldn't care either, waiting 6 days...geez...maybe if she pulls me over one day, i will ask her to hold on a sec, at least it will take her 6 days to notice that im not there anymore...alright, enough drinking, im going home...lol...
    this is a prime example why HTA172 should be turfed

embrace it....celebrate it

it shows absolute disfunction under the roof of the thin blue line....they're not robots...just a bunch of schmoes like ourselves, but with badges

this case shows exactly why empowering officers to levy crippling upfront punishments should NOT be left to those who can't even comprehend how to handle the crap while they're right sitting beside it because it too is wearing a badge

and the response from the accused?......it was discrimination....not driving behavior

it's so freakin brilliant it makes my head spin

Resurrection

Am I missing something. If someone gets off a stunting charge we all celebrate, and say how dumb the law is, but if a cops gets off it's a big conspiracy, sounds like a double standard to me, but it doesn't surprise me, seems everything is good if you ride a bike, but if you don't you shouldn't get off any charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    Am I missing something. If someone gets off a stunting charge we all celebrate, and say how dumb the law is, but if a cops gets off it's a big conspiracy, sounds like a double standard to me, but it doesn't surprise me, seems everything is good if you ride a bike, but if you don't you shouldn't get off any charges.
    What you're missing is that it shows a double standard at work. Civilians are charged at the roadside and lose their vehicle, and their license for a week. Officers seem to get the benefit of the doubt and are charged later, then the MANDATORY impoundments and suspensions don't seem to occur.

I think it's great he got off it... the more people that do, the more reasons it should be scrapped. It's still amazing though how a cop never gets convicted of a traffic ticket.

Resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    What you're missing is that it shows a double standard at work. Civilians are charged at the roadside and lose their vehicle, and their license for a week. Officers seem to get the benefit of the doubt and are charged later, then the MANDATORY impoundments and suspensions don't seem to occur.
    How can his car be impounded when she came forward 6 days later. If she was so worried, she should have called her supervisor right away. It sounds to me, she was making the story up. you don't wait that long to file a complaint. I think the charge was bogus. It's no double standard. Think about it. If you were driving in my car and I was doing 160 on the 401, 6 days later you file a complaint with the police, what do you think they will do. I believe they will laugh at you, and not bother me, but in this case he was charged, so if anyone is being screwed it's the cop.

Resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    I think it's great he got off it... the more people that do, the more reasons it should be scrapped. It's still amazing though how a cop never gets convicted of a traffic ticket.
    And you know this how?

I will never give respect to the law because of this.. Ok pretty bold statement but god irks me

LOL welcome to the club... I never gave a **** about it anyways... If they concentrated on educating people we'd never have this issue but since they don't want the general population to think on their own they have to come up with bs laws in order to make people 'FEEL' safe... If people could only use their brains...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneda View Post
    I will never give respect to the law because of this.. Ok pretty bold statement but god irks me

WOW... i'm speachless... just WOW

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    And you know this how?
    Oh my bad let me rephrase that for ya.... It's amazing how a cop never gets convicted of a traffic ticket in Canada.

He said he didn't look at the speedo (for an hour?!?), but was rolling along with the flow of traffic. I can only imagine what a cop would say to me if I tried that for an excuse.
    Hating LEO's more and more everyday
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---