Need to make Hindle exhaust quieter

Thread: Need to make Hindle exhaust quieter

Need to make Hindle exhaust quieter

I have a Hindle 2" supersport cored slip-on for my bike that's causing all sorts of problems with the neighbors (and wife) when I leave for work early in the morning. I tried starting the bike at the end of the driveway but it's not helping. I'm thinking of a baffle or disc of some type that I can insert in the morning to quiet it down and then be able to remove it later on in the day. Has anyone ever tried this?
    Can't we settle this over a pint?

Re: Need to make Hindle exhaust quieter

My buddy had a Laser pipe on his BMW K1200R that had a removeable baffle. Just looked like a piece of pipe with a 30-40 degree angle in it. Made it so the exhaust gasses had to bounce around inside the can before exiting. Quieted it up quite a bit. I'd bet a 30` angle exhaust pipe from Canadian tire could be adapted to work the same way in your Hindle.

Didn't Hindle make an insertable baffle for just this? Might want to start seraching their site.

Hindle does indeed make an insert for that muffler which will quiet it down.

Checked their website, I only see some sort of insert for the stealth series silencers, which has a tapered core. I have a straight core.

www.holeshot.com

Their db killer may fit, shoot Dale an email, he is quick to respond.

Thanks for the link. I'd rather not bother him with a competitor's issue but I think his solution is a great idea. I'm going to try making a disc like that but I don't see how I can secure it. I have a Euro tip, would rather not drill through the bottom of my silencer if it can be avoided. Any engineers out there with a solution to secure a disc in my silencer tip? This is what I have to work with:

And this is Dale's solution, he's using a bolt up through the bottom of the tip:

Cr@p, I hope I'm not infringing on his patents or anything.

Hindle makes a can called Hindle Stealth.
    Be careful restricting the exhaust flow too much. This will aversely effect both performance and bikes overall running. It will alter fuel/air ratios by not allowing the exhust to escape freely.

I need it for like, a 15 minute ride. Then i can take it out till the next morning. Anyways, I already have an idea that'll use set screws and a rotating disc to tune the backpressure.

http://www.ultimatetoyz.ca/dB%20Dawg.htm

the DB Dawg is available for the hindle Supersport Canister

I bought my bike used, which came with a full Hindle exhaust system (with SS muffler). I found it WAY too loud, and looked into ways to quiet it down too. Hindle DOES make a baffle insert, which only fits into the Stealth cored exhusts.

So, what I did was order a stealth core to fit into my exhaust can! I think it was around $100. It comes with a drill bit and new rivets for your exhaust can. All you gotta do is drill out the rivets, remove the old core and pop in the new one. Didnt take me very long at all.

I also got the insert, but never put it in, as I find with the Stealth core, the sound is at acceptable levels. Still louder than stock, but not annoying anymore. And I can pop in the insert any time.

The insert looks like it would fit the SS core, but its slightly too small, but I'm sure with some kind of simple way to secure it, you can use it in an SS core.

I can take pics of it if you want, so you can have an idea of what I'm talking about

oh...nice F800 btw! My friend has the EXACT same one! Red, with the AC Shnitzer fairing! She ordered the Remus exhaust for hers.....if she ever gets it!

I'm going to try the DbDawg. I'll see where that leaves me before I try anything more drastic. Thanks for the help all.

Guys, I have a Scorpion exhaust with a 2 1/4" diameter opening. There doesn't seem to ba a db Dawg big enough (I tried the 2" model and it isn't secure).

Any ideas on how I can quiet my exhaust (short of changing the slip-on entirely?).

Thanks,
    Annu
    there is no spoon

Quote Originally Posted by adawar View Post
    Guys, I have a Scorpion exhaust with a 2 1/4" diameter opening. There doesn't seem to ba a db Dawg big enough (I tried the 2" model and it isn't secure).

Any ideas on how I can quiet my exhaust (short of changing the slip-on entirely?).

Thanks,
    Annu

just get a stock exhaust can.....im sure you can find those lying around for $40 to $60 bucks

I have a V&Hines on GSXR without any restriction in it --- way too loud -- like an F1 car ! ..

I did get muffler silencer material that is wrap around felt / fiberglas type piece about 12" x 12" -- I inserted this and the noise is down enough to get by .. now just a noisy HD. Not a good solution but was cheap.

Yes still looking for a proper solution ...

Are there any quiet STOCK slipons that would be cheap to buy ... that would be a road exhaust and the V&H a track exhaust..