Bill 117 - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Bill 117

Somewhere...but I'm not lost. Well...maybe a little.

Re: Bill 117

Okay, it's confirmed...I will be on the radio again this evening. This will be a followup show to the one I did with them back in Dec about Bill 117.

The program will air live on tonight (Monday Feb. 2nd) from 7pm to 9pm, I will be on the program for the last half from 8pm onward following the Amazing Kreskin.

You can listen live via their webcast found at www.945thebull.ca

Thanks Shaun. I'll be listening.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

For those who missed my interviews on 94.5FM The Bull's "Get In The Ring", I have finally received and uploaded the audio files from the show.

My first show was back in December 2008 and is 2hrs long.
    http://www.thelonelyrider.com/issues...r-the_bull.mp3
    In February, I did a much shorter followup show, which is only 30min long and quiet interesting also.
    http://www.thelonelyrider.com/issues...r-the_bull.mp3

Listening to the interviews right now. Nice work and sounds pretty typical of government offices. lol.
    Wow, I didn't know we'd become such good friends, because if we had, you'd know that I give **** before I give favors and I don't even give my best friends **** so your chances of getting a favor are pretty ******* slim. - Go

So I take it that this hasn't made it to the final Justice committee reading...yet...but still may?

I was hoping it was confirmed dead.

Thanks for your hard work on this, I appreciate it.

The Justice Committee hasn't looked at it yet. We are still waiting for them to announce when they will. Once they do, we will kick things up a few notches.

havin_fun

Quote Originally Posted by de Jager View Post
    The Justice Committee hasn't looked at it yet. We are still waiting for them to announce when they will. Once they do, we will kick things up a few notches.
    Any bets they just let this thing stall in committee until it dies on the order paper? They can't risk offending their "save the children/law and order" election campaigner base, but also won't want to risk being publicly humiliated by having such a poorly framed and statistically unfounded piece of legislation paraded before the public. If that would put a stake through it's heart, we could rest easy, but these things just seem to rise from the dead again and again.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

havin-fun, what you're suggesting is the most likely outcome, BUT ... All it will take is for ONE bad crash to happen with a passenger under 14 years on the back, for this thing to get resurrected. The promoters (including Jaczek) would have a field day with that.

What it means, is that we need to do our part, by taking no chances with young passengers - not that that isn't a good plan anyway.

havin_fun

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    What it means, is that we need to do our part, by taking no chances with young passengers - not that that isn't a good plan anyway.
    Agreed. Mine are well past the age of wanting to ride passenger with Mom or Dad.

I like the topcase rack behind the child seat......

or there is the other extreme....

Last edited by stevie t; 03-20-2009 at 05:10 PM.