$106 to fill up my 10 litre tank :| - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $106 to fill up my 10 litre tank :|

Re: $106 to fill up my 10 litre tank :|

Quote Originally Posted by geoff-9 View Post
    ive had it, i always use debit as you can chose how much you want as a verification amount. if you skip that step on the machines it will automatically take $100.
    Even with debit at shell stations thet take $100 out, happened to me and they told me thats what happens, petro doesnt do that for debit though.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff-9 View Post
    ive had it, i always use debit as you can chose how much you want as a verification amount. if you skip that step on the machines it will automatically take $100.

what he said.

Its an authorization to make sure your card has the funds to back up your purchase. Its is a hold on funds for a few days. Just like when you rent a car an authorized amount is held on your card. You wont be able to use that amount until its released or you can go to the merchant that held it and get them to remove it... but I don't think gas stations do that though.
    www.goloracing.com
    www.teamboobsicles.com
    Proud teamb(._Y_.)bsicles supporter aka boob support.

Live on the edge........of your tire!

use cash at gas stations or be prepared for the possibility of fraud

I guess it also depends on the card. I've never seen it through the combo of AE and Shell ...

They Credit Card company is not charging you $100. It is placing a hold on that $100 to pay for gas. It's there way of checking to validate if you have enough room on your card to pay for the gas.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Credit Card holds can really ruin a trip, fast! I don't have a huge limit and was travelling with my card, paying cash for most things but making reservations and deposits with the card. Two rental cars and three hotels later (each one holding $500) my card was maxed out. It took 2 hours on the phone in the lobby to get the holds removed so that I could book another room. I am much more careful now, some hotels will remove the hold faster if you ask when checking out.

i believe the prepay is standard to take out 100 bucks ... make sure when going on a long trip you have ample amount of room for all the prepaying your going to do ! LOL

"Rides are simple, we all leave together we all go home together."

Hadn't thought of that, but yeah, looks like cash only (or maybe some prepayed stuff) at the stations for the mini road trips I'm planning next season. Thanks GentleWeapon + chiller.