Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5th gear wheelies on 600rr

5th gear wheelies on 600rr

Title says it all pretty much
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdw1oX-Socg

Re: 5th gear wheelies on 600rr

nice 10 sec power wheelies....LOL

That guy must be huge to pull it up in 5th. Once it's up the wind just does half the work. I don't mind seeing the occasional 9:00 wheelie on the highway hahaha
    Pm me if you need something painted!!!

Ah I thought its impressive, especially with a RR, not the greatest wheelie bike compared to some other 600's.

so what its not a 12 oclock in a parking lot, that dude has skills. i have that bike with stock gear and after i saw that vid i tried for myself.

3rd- ok
    4th, 5th-impossible

Dont get me wrong the guy can wheelie better than a lot of people. He must be big to get that thing up in 5th! I have a buddy that used to pull 4th gear wheelies on a stock R6. He was a huge muscle guy... then one day he did it and actually tore the clip-on right off and he crashed. He stopped yanking from that day on !
    Pm me if you need something painted!!!

Quote Originally Posted by movistardave View Post
    so what its not a 12 oclock in a parking lot, that dude has skills. i have that bike with stock gear and after i saw that vid i tried for myself.

3rd- ok
    4th, 5th-impossible
    It doesnt have to be a slow wheelie, but pulling it up in 5th only to hold it for a few seconds doesnt impress me...Show me some ****ing throttle control, rear brake control, show me something besides a damn power wheelie......

Wow dude can get it up in 5th after a few tries, but cant hold it for more then a few seconds...Whens his DVD comming out? I could watch 1 hr of this....

BTW it says in the beginning of the vid that he has -1 front sprocket, so the bike isnt stock....

+3 in the back in that case....

but still johnny... that boi got balls dou.... 5th gear.... thats just too crazy for my blood....

ps: jewla s **** from few years back was more fun to watch dou

Quote Originally Posted by izzo View Post

ps: jewla s **** from few years back was more fun to watch dou
    Exaclty 3rd or 4th gear for Kilometers, changing lanes, slowing down and speeding up. Not constantly exccellerating cause you only know how to clucth it up power through the gear untill you have no more rpm, now thats skill!

This I can get it up in 4th and 5th BS is so 2001, big whop....If he held it, it would be a differnt story...

hey johnny but not everybody is skilled stunta like you and all the good riders around you...

cause if i was a normal dude who rides scoot to work or 1000 to work and c him doin that on hwy i would straight up pull out my cam and start taking picture

oh yeah if i saw a monster bike with monster hoodi doin that on hwy ill try my best to blend in... hear mai~

hey johnny but not everybody is skilled stunta like you and all the good riders around you...

cause if i was a normal dude who rides scoot to work or 1000 to work and c him doin that on hwy i would straight up pull out my cam and start taking picture

oh yeah if i saw a monster bike with monster hoodi doin that on hwy ill try my best to blend in... hear mai~
    Ive seen better on the street, and Ive seen much much worse....This has nothing to do with me or anyone else...It has to do with that video and the fact I think it sucked.....Thats just my opinion, if it gets you all exited then your wheelie standards are just lower then mine. Couple years ago I probably would have thought that was amazing, I just know better now......

word...

so ma wheelie is garbage..

word...

so ma wheelie is garbage..
    Dumpster quality

damn lighten up a lil

ill get you some asain to do some

wow they got **** load of icon **** on this forum daaaamn

I'm gonna have to say he altered the gearing at least a little.

viru87

That was a really nice stunt... Its very difficult. It takes lot of courage to do it... I have never seen such nice stunt...

Hmmmmmm Was that you in the Vid.... Virus87???

Getting her up in 5th was OK, but I fail to see what's such a big deal about that. You guys have obviously never ridden a souped up 2 stroke 500cc or 750 cc machine. At speed it's harder to keep the front end on the tarmac then to get it off. Heck, the old Kawi 500 triple I had could not only wheelie easy, but you could shift gears while holding her up there and maintain it all day(maybe a slight exaggeration) given enough road. You guys are way too easily impressed. You Newbies are funny.

I never saw his rpm go down during the wheelie as he only increased in speed the whole time. 300 metre wheelies are easy...even for an old guy. He was at 9,000 rpm @115 km/hr, so there is more than 1 tooth difference on the front.
    Keep the front wheel in the air and the shiny side up.

Guelph
    Past bikes-77 Yam YZ100, 80 Hon CR125, 84 Yam XT600, 86 Hon CR250, 87 Yam TW200, 03 Hon CBR954, 05 Busa
    Current bikes- 08 Busa, 06 Hon CRF50