Any exhaust guru's?

Thread: Any exhaust guru's?

Any exhaust guru's?

I am considering a mod to my header pipe and exhaust can and was wondering if anyone on here could help me out?
    The headers will stay as is but would like to design and have someone build me a collector and underbelly exhaust set-up aka moto gp style.
    Anyone offer up any thoughts or help much appreciated.
    thanks
    Gary

Re: Any exhaust guru's?

Quote Originally Posted by gcrouse View Post
    I am considering a mod to my header pipe and exhaust can and was wondering if anyone on here could help me out?
    The headers will stay as is but would like to design and have someone build me a collector and underbelly exhaust set-up aka moto gp style.
    Anyone offer up any thoughts or help much appreciated.
    thanks
    Gary
    What exaclty do you want to know? Anything can be done....Heres my custom undertail exhaust me and a freind made in about an hour...

Before, mock up stage

Finished prodcut, custome TIG welded SS elbow

Very cool JP ..I'm looking at a variety of ideas and seeing yours kind of looking off to the side but undertail is another idea . I was thinking something like this? Lowmount or shorty collector box. I'm really open to anything JP

Bondi Engines in Aurora, he does all kinds of custom fabrication work. Give him a call.
    905-727-4057

Biggest troubles with having the collector and the muffler underneath are making enough space for adequate muffler volume, and getting the tuned length correct ... If you get it wrong, it could make the engine run rather badly.

Most of the production bikes that went through the underneath-exhaust for a generation or two, are reverting to the standard arrangement.

Keep in mind that the tuned lengths necessary for an 18,000 rpm engine are a lot shorter than those necessary for a 12,000 rpm engine. And the MotoGP bikes don't have to conform to any noise regulations, and they are LLLLLOOOOOUD!!!

Kinda what my 929 had on it when I bought it! I took it off as since thew can was chopped way down to fit underneath it was way to loud for me.