No more giving Kids under 14 a Ride on your Bike (Bill 117 Carried on first reading) - Page 45

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: No more giving Kids under 14 a Ride on your Bike (Bill 117 Carried on first reading)

Somewhere...but I'm not lost. Well...maybe a little.

Re: No more giving Kids under 14 a Ride on your Bike (Bill 117 Carried on first readi

I hear what you're saying and that would certainly not do well for us at all. However, considering the time of year, there are very few of us out riding right now and I doubt anyone is riding with a passenger, never mind an especially young one. By the time this is reviewed by the committee, it still won't quite be riding season yet and that's assuming they review it at all.

Re: No more giving Kids under 14 a Ride on your Bike (Bill 117 Carried on first readi

Not quite that simple ...

This bill could be left simmering on the back burner almost indefinitely (i.e. until the next election, which is 3 riding seasons away), just waiting until that ONE collision happens that in Jaczek's mind, proves her point. Same crap as the street racing legislation.

It follows that all of US need to act in a way that minimizes the chance of this happening ... not that that's a bad thing to do, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Not quite that simple ...

This bill could be left simmering on the back burner almost indefinitely (i.e. until the next election, which is 3 riding seasons away), just waiting until that ONE collision happens that in Jaczek's mind, proves her point. Same crap as the street racing legislation.

It follows that all of US need to act in a way that minimizes the chance of this happening ... not that that's a bad thing to do, anyway.
    exactly....the estrogen has it's foot in the door now.....so behave

regardless of HTA172 or Bill 117, save the burn outs, wheelies and crazy speeds for the track

the last thing anyone needs is another raving constituent of Hagzec's making an appointment to complain because she feared for her child's life when a sport bike went by her on the 401 doing a 100mph wheelie

if you're out there in something that's loud and looks fast, they're already waving their finger at you....so drive/ride accordingly

im a little concerned... no more giving chicks under 14 a ride on your bike????

who am i supposed to flaunt my super male motorcycle ego to now, girls over 14???...pffttt....

Disclaimer:
    ---- not a sick predator, just kidding

FYI...there is a good chance I will be on 94.5FM The Bull again on Monday night (http://www.945thebull.ca/). The program is called "Get In The Ring". The show runs 7pm to 9pm and I will be on following the Amazing Kreskin.

You can listen live online.

At this point I'm on standby for Monday so I will let everyone know for sure as soon as I know.

If it's not this Monday (Feb 2nd) then it will be Feb. 16th.

Okay, it's confirmed...I will be on the radio again this evening. This will be a followup show to the one I did with them back in Dec about Bill 117.

The program will air live on tonight (Monday Feb. 2nd) from 7pm to 9pm, I will be on the program for the last half from 8pm onward following the Amazing Kreskin.

You can listen live via their webcast found at www.945thebull.ca

For those who missed my interviews on 94.5FM The Bull's "Get In The Ring", I have finally received and uploaded the audio files from the show.

My first show was back in December 2008 and is 2hrs long.
    http://www.thelonelyrider.com/issues/bill117_data/2008-12-22-lonely_rider-the_bull.mp3
    In February, I did a much shorter followup show, which is only 30min long and quiet interesting also.
    http://www.thelonelyrider.com/issues/bill117_data/2009-02-02-lonely_rider-the_bull.mp3

I don't know the status of the bill any more. Wasn't it about to get dropped after the legislature reconvened after they're holidays?

If we still need to fight this thing, with the decent weather coming we might be in a position to perform a public motorcycle rally around Queen's Park. Just a thought.
    There is no planet B.

has there been any response from the MPP on the latest letter presenting her with the real facts?

Personally I took my little borther for a ride only once on my bike. I was more scared than he was. Couldn't break 30km/hr. Yes it is nice to take your kid for a ride, but there has to be some rules on it.
    Come Ride With Us
    Quality Used Motorcycles
    www.ridewithvos.com

Quote Originally Posted by crow_milo View Post
    Personally I took my little borther for a ride only once on my bike. I was more scared than he was. Couldn't break 30km/hr. Yes it is nice to take your kid for a ride, but there has to be some rules on it.
    "You were more scared than he was. Couldn't breake 30km / hr." So you exercised proper care and rode to the level of your passenger.

That's kind of the point. As riders and parents etc we are more than capable of exercising good judgement to protect our younger passengers. No government interference needed.
    Chances are your bike can do it. Question is, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by crow_milo View Post
    ...there has to be some rules on it.
    There are rules on it; the passenger has to wear a helmet and be able to reach the foot pegs.

None of this has any bearing on the fact that an outright ban is ridiculous, and that's the focus of this thread. Any discussion that deviates from that very specific topic is only a distraction and is not welcome here (speaking purely for myself).
    There is no planet B.

i have said before, if a age limit was realy necesary, then it should reflect same as child seat law's, not the arbitrary age of 14.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    I don't know the status of the bill any more. Wasn't it about to get dropped after the legislature reconvened after they're holidays?

If we still need to fight this thing, with the decent weather coming we might be in a position to perform a public motorcycle rally around Queen's Park. Just a thought.
    It wasn't "dropped" per say but it has been put on the back burner. Currently it's sitting with the Justice Committee waiting to be reviewed. Hopefully, they decide they won't bother with it and at that point it will be dead.

If they DO decide to review it (earliest would be early Spring), then we should certainly make ourselves further known by doing a rally on their front lawn.

Thanks de Jager, I'm glad we can rely on you to keep us informed.
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by de Jager View Post
    It wasn't "dropped" per say but it has been put on the back burner. Currently it's sitting with the Justice Committee waiting to be reviewed. Hopefully, they decide they won't bother with it and at that point it will be dead.

If they DO decide to review it (earliest would be early Spring), then we should certainly make ourselves further known by doing a rally on their front lawn.
    hope they forget about it, since he is tall anough strong anough and has commen sence anough, i promised my 9 year old nefew a ride this summer when he visit's, if this passes im taking him to markham and let the mpp explain to him why i have break a promise to a little kid.