Stunt Advice

Thread: Stunt Advice

Stunt Advice

Well I want to start stunting, and I was looking at cheap stunt bikes to start which have "branded titles", is this a smart idea. Although other than track use I would want to use it at some of the spots I know around Mississauga, you know what I mean.
    Any advice, anyone who is doing this kind of thing right now?

Re: Stunt Advice

Alot of people stunt salvage titled bikes....Not having a clean title can knock $1000-2000 of the cost of a stuntbike...

I prefer clean titles for myself personally but theres nothing wrong with salvage titles

Thanks for reply, just wondering do you guys get around riding bikes with branded titles, I mean obviously not doing stupid stuff while on public roads, but I really dont want to buy a trailer and tow it around everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by A_S_C View Post
    Thanks for reply, just wondering do you guys get around riding bikes with branded titles, I mean obviously not doing stupid stuff while on public roads, but I really dont want to buy a trailer and tow it around everywhere.
    Well you have to trailer it if you get a salvage title, no branded bike is aloud to be ridden on the streets...There is no way around that besides riding it illegally...

If you were caught youd get all the regular charges like no insurance, no plate, no vaildation sticker, and also a charge for riding a bike that isnt fit for road use...

Is the title permanent or is there anyway it can be fixed?

Is the title permanent or is there anyway it can be fixed?
    Once a bike has been branded in Canada or imported into Canada as branded, it can never be brought back to a clean title....Only way to turn a branded bike into clean, is to buy new clean papers for it...Once the VIN is branded its branded

"buy"... usually how much is that?

"buy"... usually how much is that?
    Ive bought 2 clean titles for 03/04 ZX6R's in the past year or so, both were found on this site in the classifieds section....

First one was almost all they way in Niagara, came with a good straight frame with no damage and the clean papers....$1200 cash

Second was downtown and came with a bent and cracked garbage frame and clean papers...$1000

So all you need to do is buy a frame or somehing with a clean title, and put it on the bike in order to get a clean title, am I right?

So all you need to do is buy a frame or somehing with a clean title, and put it on the bike in order to get a clean title, am I right?
    Yes but there isnt much savings in buying a slavage bike, and then buying a clean title to make it clean again...Restamping the VIN or swapping frames will cost you labor, add that to the money you spend on a salvage bike and a clean title and you didnt save much if anything at all...

Thats my opinion anyways

Thanks for all your help, was pretty close to buying a bike with branded title and riding without any insurance or papers, but might as well just buy one with a clean title.

there are 3 different kinds of titles...clean, salvage, and irripairable....if the title is from ontario and is a branded salvage title you can register it for the street if just take it for an inspection....but if you import it from anywhere (like the states) and it is salvage..ontario brands it irripairible...they just implimented that new this year......

there aren't anymore salvage bikes in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by AC View Post
    there aren't anymore salvage bikes in Ontario
    Correct its either branded or brand: NONE, you cant turn salvage back into clean anymore....If its in Canada and gets branded its branded, and if its from the US if its anything but clean its branded once its registered in Ont....