"Officer, I'm fine. Just need the muffler to defrost my hands. Couple more minutes"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Officer, I'm fine. Just need the muffler to defrost my hands. Couple more minutes"

"Officer, I'm fine. Just need the muffler to defrost my hands. Couple more minutes"

I had to pull over today, for safety reasons... It felt as if the reaction time on my hands were faltering. So I used the crank case, muffler to defrost the hands on the shoulder of lakeshore, after getting off the DVD.

What do you guys do to keep warm, in emergencies?

I'm buying winter gloves today.

Re: "Officer, I'm fine. Just need the muffler to defrost my hands. Couple more minute

Quote Originally Posted by moosio View Post
    What do you guys do to keep warm, in emergencies?
    Just keep a flask of wiskey in your jacket pocket. Voila!
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Re: "Officer, I'm fine. Just need the muffler to defrost my hands. Couple more minute

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Just keep a flask of wiskey in your jacket pocket. Voila!
    Vodka does it for me

Per my Mother-in-Law a little sip of Brandy now and again keeps the fingers and toes warm.
    o~`o
    VSRI #1930
    The most common problem with motorcycles is the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

stop at a coffee shop, get a hot bevy and use the hot air drier in the mens room to dry out your gloves.

or buy winter/better gloves, boots and long gits.

or stop at a rub&tug.

your mileage may vary......

The cold hands are the only reason Im not taking the bike out these days.... My hands just FREEZE after 10 minutes of highway riding... I thought the Teknic gloves I got would be good enough, but it almost feels like theyre let all the air in....

2002 Suzuki GSX600F (Completely Stock)
    2001 VW GTi 1.8T (GIAC chip, Aluminum Flywheel, VR6 Clutch, .651 5th gear, TT Short Shifter, HID's... APR Turboback and Bilstein PSS's soon to come)

.....don't ride in the cold..
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by crankcall View Post
    stop at a rub&tug
    genius

LOL

get heated snowmobile grips

Andrew - Scarberia

I have a pair of Belstaff winter riding gloves. They are insulated & good to about 5C. I sometimes resort to hands on the cylinder heads which is easy for the left hand but not too convenient for the right (when in motion).

The only real solution is heated grips. There are several after-market kits.

/rs
    2002 FZS1000

-------------
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Ride naked.

Well a naked bike that is. I can ride and put my hands on the engine for a bit to warm up. No pulling over needed
    Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do. - David Brent

Quote Originally Posted by moosio
    or stop at a rub&tug.
    genuis

LOL
    I'm going to say, that's retarded. You need the blood going to your hands, not away from it to warm them up!

Unless of course it's self-serve.
    Shama-la-ma-ding dong!

up to about 0c i don't need anything but just my insulated joe rocke gloves ... beyond that i will turn on the heated grips if riding on the ST otherwise on the FZ no heated grips so you just take it and keep going ...

"Rides are simple, we all leave together we all go home together."

or stop at a rub&tug.
    Haha, after a cold ride in ~0C weather there ain't too much to tug!

I was out for 2 hours today....just had on some long johns under my jeans and my gortex snowmobile jacket of my leather jacket....and just my regular Teknic leather gloves....although my feet and hands dont get bothered much by the cold!

FazerRider

stick some dirt bike handguards on your bars. they do wonders.

Flip the switch to "High".
    x

Or like me, I started wearing really good winter gloves. Does somewhat of the trick, but, you can get better ones or just buy some battery powered gloves..

Quote Originally Posted by FazerRider View Post
    stick some dirt bike handguards on your bars. they do wonders.
    I did that..works great..looks like crap, especially on my sportster. I also use hand lotion to keep the hands from drying out. When my hands are dry, they get cold easily.

heated grips ftw

I actually had to switch them to low about 80% into my ride this morning because my hands were getting uncomfortably hot, even through my clover gloves lol

My other genius discovery today, taping up the vents on your helmet with electrical tape works WONDERS, plus it makes the helmet much quieter too (I have a shoei X-11, lots of vents)