New Motorcycle Race Series at TMP in 09 - Page 3

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Motorcycle Race Series at TMP in 09

donut

Re: New Motorcycle Race Series at TMP in 09

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    This looks good. It was also suggested to me that the track can run backwards. All the barriers in the new corner one aretemp jersey bariers that can be moved back to facilitate runoff. It would be similar to Roebling with a left instead of right. The front straight is very wide and a chicane could be used to slow the bikes down before the turn as well. That leaves a nice pit in off th let as well.
    Just a thought. It can be done I was therelast weekend looking at it and taking some pics. Then the whole wall becomes moot.
    How much run off would the last corner onto the front straight have if it were run backwards? I dont remember what its like out there. That would be a weird corner, wide entrance and a narrower exit. Backwards works. Although, if you were to incorporate the bypass i doodled up you could also run that backwards.. then introduce some variety into the race series. Alternate rounds forward and backwards? Just a thought..

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha_Gurl View Post
    It sure can be run backwards, but there are some issues when you do that as well...we did it last year.

Corner 1:

And the double apex 11a/b:

Thanks for the pics that is helpful. Yes I was out there last Monday and took a pile of angled shots to see if it was feasable. The biggest issue is that its pavement coming in. So a front end tuck (which would likely be the majority of crashes) the bike would slow little going in.

If you look beside the EMS ambulance there is a series of temp barriers that can be turned the other way to create a sepctator barrier and allow run off. The track is also very wide where w could place a chicane back a few hundred feet and use that to slow the bikes before the turn in. Many options to look at.
    Thank-You to all for the input and keep it coming. We want this to be driven by the racers.

If enough monkeys escape from the zoo and have little bikes and want to race they can too.
    Now THAT would bring in the spectators

Speaking of spectators, any thoughts (or is it a TMP thing) on pricing for the viewing public?
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by klr_guy View Post
    Now THAT would bring in the spectators

Speaking of spectators, any thoughts (or is it a TMP thing) on pricing for the viewing public?
    Its a TMP thing but I do have some input. It will be reasonable and most times its a twofer meaning there are drags as well. BTW working on your beast now just took a quick break for a bite.

running the track backwards
    i can just imagin putting 30 bikes into now what would be turn1. and what about guys that blow turn one heading off into a pit full of people at a 100kph or higher.
    you guys are kidding right
    dont forget the way the pavement is ..it would turn it into a jump at 100kph.
    let the bitching begin about this track once again..
    the only mod i would like to see is to get rid of the secane. just add pavement and turn it into a full left handed corner

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    running the track backwards
    i can just imagin putting 30 bikes into now what would be turn1. and what about guys that blow turn one heading off into a pit full of people at a 100kph or higher.
    you guys are kidding right
    dont forget the way the pavement is ..it would turn it into a jump at 100kph.
    let the bitching begin about this track once again..
    the only mod i would like to see is to get rid of the secane. just add pavement and turn it into a full left handed corner
    Ever been to Roebling Road?How about Fabi? Grattan? VIR? Same kinda scenario . The pits would not look like it does now there would be a barrier and an extra 75-100 feet of runoff. Now if you add a left right chicane about 200-300 feet up the straight to slow the bikes down? Worry not grasshopper a decision to run it will stem solely on the ability to safely manage it. If its not a possiblity it will not be done. Bickle and I talked about this quite a bit a couple weeks ago and he was of same mind. If there is one guy in Canada that knows about corner safety it's Bic.

Ever been to Roebling Road?How about Fabi? Grattan? VIR? Same kinda scenario . The pits would not look like it does now there would be a barrier and an extra 75-100 feet of runoff. Now if you add a left right chicane about 200-300 feet up the straight to slow the bikes down? Worry not grasshopper a decision to run it will stem solely on the ability to safely manage it. If its not a possiblity it will not be done. Bickle and I talked about this quite a bit a couple weeks ago and he was of same mind. If there is one guy in Canada that knows about corner safety it's Bic.
    yes i have been to most of those track and won in the pro superbike class.
    put a chicane on the straight and i wont waste my time or money racing thier.
    in the past two years other then myself ross milson,trambino all of wich we have been the fastest their. i dont here any of us complaining that the track is unsafe as it is.. it always seems the guys who are slow to mid fast have the most bitching to do about this track.maybe its cause they need an excuse other then thier slow.
    have you ever thought about two guy comming out of turn 1 (backwards) and one of them hits the other guys into the point of the end of the pit wall.
    now that would be a fatal hit.
    you want dangerous remember alma?
    it was like running bikes on the indy track in toronto..never heard any of us cry about it.. maybe we were more real racers back then.

Hey guys, I haven't been to TMP since prior to the shut down. So I can't comment on wether the surface or any other changes have been up dated or not. But the only real complaint that I would have with racing there would be the final series of corners. The last time I was there ran through that little kink in the mid staight and hit a little pot hole that put me into a tank slapper and when I approached the left (sorry can't remember the corner #, before that 180 degree right that brings you over the the final corners) I quickly realized I had no brakes and ran off into the grass at full speed. By the time I had regained brakes I was hitting the surface again, but 90 degrees to the current direction. I was lucky that there was no one there as I would have t-boned them or them me as I rolled back on the track pulled back my lever with success and turned to the proper flow of traffic.

Something needs to be put there wether it's hay bales or something. The current layout does not provide enough run-off there and it's even more dangerous to have a bike re entering the track surface.

I would also suggest that you accept valid licences from other organizations. As your intial core start-up group will be current racer already holding a RACE,CCS,WERA,etc. race licences. And you probably don't want to turn away too many people when your trying to get this off the ground.

Just my $0.02 but other than that The idea is intesting. I'll wait and see how this all falls into place.
    You May Wheelie Me Down The Road....But I'll Stuff Ya In That Corner Every Time.......

R.A.C.E. AM #16
    S.O.A.R. Nov #16

www.puretrackdays.com

A big thanks to my sponsors: Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd., Brooklin Cycle Racing, Pure Trackdays Inc., Z1 Cycletech, Bickle Racing, Hindle Exhaust Systems, Armour Bodies, Accelerated Technologies., Don Butt Autobody, North American Decal.

were you on a r6? cause that would explane everthing.
    i had one of those bikes 01 r6 and i have never gotten as many bad tank slappers and no brakes as i did on that bike.. i rode it twice then sold it.
    biggest p.o.s i have ever had

Yeah, a 2000 R6..with no steering damper at that time. After a day at TMP and all the bumps down the front straight and that moment !!! I had one mount a couple days later.
    You May Wheelie Me Down The Road....But I'll Stuff Ya In That Corner Every Time.......

R.A.C.E. AM #16
    S.O.A.R. Nov #16

www.puretrackdays.com

A big thanks to my sponsors: Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd., Brooklin Cycle Racing, Pure Trackdays Inc., Z1 Cycletech, Bickle Racing, Hindle Exhaust Systems, Armour Bodies, Accelerated Technologies., Don Butt Autobody, North American Decal.

Quote Originally Posted by woodzee View Post
    Yeah, a 2000 R6..with no steering damper at that time. After a day at TMP and all the bumps down the front straight and that moment !!! I had one mount a couple days later.
    i had a nasty one comming out of turn one .i was soo bad i was looking for a soft spot to jump off..and just like you going into turn 2 i had no brakes..
    i was the worst bike i have ever had. and i have had over 30.
    bad things about the r6
    makes no power before 10g and nothing after 14rpm
    tranny sounds like its going to fall out every time you shift gears
    and the front end is way to soft (metal that is not the springs) i was allways chasing the front end every were.
    good points it's light and changes derection quick..but thats it

yes i have been to most of those track and won in the pro superbike class.
    put a chicane on the straight and i wont waste my time or money racing thier.
    in the past two years other then myself ross milson,trambino all of wich we have been the fastest their. i dont here any of us complaining that the track is unsafe as it is.. it always seems the guys who are slow to mid fast have the most bitching to do about this track.maybe its cause they need an excuse other then thier slow.
    have you ever thought about two guy comming out of turn 1 (backwards) and one of them hits the other guys into the point of the end of the pit wall.
    now that would be a fatal hit.
    you want dangerous remember alma?
    it was like running bikes on the indy track in toronto..never heard any of us cry about it.. maybe we were more real racers back then.
    Alma holy crap thats a bad memory Not sure what was worse te street circuit or the freakin drive to get there.

Alma holy crap thats a bad memory Not sure what was worse te street circuit or the freakin drive to get there.
    now you can see why i say their is nothing wrong with cayuga..leave it the way it is.
    all tho with alma your forgeting the 4 to 1 girl to guy ratio.
    by the 3hour i allways had some girls pantys in my pocket .

now you can see why i say their is nothing wrong with cayuga..leave it the way it is.
    all tho with alma your forgeting the 4 to 1 girl to guy ratio.
    by the 3hour i allways had some girls pantys in my pocket .

Hey Franz you might qualify for the Old Boys Club
    Screw that, I'm entering the rookie cup!!!!

Cherrypicker? What's a cherrypicker?
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

If you are entering into the Rookie Cup can I be your teammate then?

Grimmy... it's time for you and Uli to kiss and make-up
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Had a proposal last night for a new class. The Big Boy Gran Prix
    One and only rule:
    Bike and rider must weigh a minimum 700lbs

Racing at TMP....Very Cool. Half the distance for me from Windsor then my trips to Shanny this year.

I kind of know my way around the course.

I like turn 11a-b it makes you think.......

Pro # 175

Thanks to my Sponsors: Racer5, SpeedWorx, SpeedGear, Kawasaki Canada,
    Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

Y2K...show off much? :P
    *~Maggie~*