New Motorcycle Race Series at TMP in 09 - Page 17

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: New Motorcycle Race Series at TMP in 09

Re: New Motorcycle Race Series at TMP in 09

it'd be nice to have a test weekend before the first round, specialy for those of us that have never been to that track.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    The endurance races will likely be in the 3 hour range. They will use a Lemans start and the last one will run into darkness.
    Great. Not only will I need a bike that will last three hours, you're making me run now too? start warming the paddles up now .
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/306/signaturelj4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Ever seen the Women's Cup Expert class on the track?
    As a matter of fact I have they are quite impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
    Great. Not only will I need a bike that will last three hours, you're making me run now too? start warming the paddles up now .
    think of it this way..It'll probably take you 5 mins to get to your bike, so now you only need a bike to run, 2 hours 55mins.

Thanks Ken. That helps some, espeically the mods and tires situation.
    Are things like upside down forks ( for adjustablities sake) swapped onto earlier bikes a no-no?
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

More than just these two. Remember Mike McNiel I dont think he EVER bought a new tire and won championships. George Osmond won the 93 250GP title on scrubs and an old bike to boot. I have won a ton of races on scrubs. Are they as good as new? Nope but better than most riders abilities in my opinion. Jimmie Felice and Springer won the first Moto-ST race (8 hrs) at Daytona on ONE set just for an extreme example.

We had one of the guys in Moto-ST this year run all of the March Daytona 3hr, a sprint race and all of practice at VIR Moto-ST on one set of tires. It was only a 650 mind you, but the tires were still not a trashed as you'd think when we put a set on for qualifying.

Now, don't ask me what the Inside Motorcycle's tires looked like on their 1000 after 60 laps on rain tires with very little rain.....cords all over the place!!!!
    Last edited by HiSide; 11-15-2008 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HiSide View Post
    We had one of the guys in Moto-ST this year run all of the March Daytona 3hr, a sprint race and all of practice at VIR Moto-ST on one set of tires. It was only a 650 mind you, but the tires were still not a trashed as you'd think when we put a set on for qualifying.
    We did the same thing at Daytona minus some laps after I crashed

Now, don't ask me what the Inside Motorcycle's tires looked like on their 1000 after 60 laps on rain tires with very little rain.....cords all over the place!!!!
    Thats my old bike. The season before we did the 3 hr at Daytona on one set as well.

Thats my old bike. The season before we did the 3 hr at Daytona on one set as well.
    3 hrs. on a 1000 at Daytona on one set is impressive. Probably not the fastest way around the track. But you'd make up time considering the top teams were pit stopping 3 or 4 times for a three hour. Although I'm sure you were running minimum SC3's which would cut into lap times.

3 hrs. on a 1000 at Daytona on one set is impressive. Probably not the fastest way around the track. But you'd make up time considering the top teams were pit stopping 3 or 4 times for a three hour. Although I'm sure you were running minimum SC3's which would cut into lap times.
    We are not the fastest anyway We also wer'nt the only ones doing it there was a few that ran the distance. The tire was well done and actually egg shaped at the end. I may not be fast but I can run the same times after a tank of gas as the first of the tank. We stopped three times for fuel only.

Bought bike today. I am in.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    Bought bike today. I am in.
    Details... What bike? What series?
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Details... What bike? What series?
    yeah what he said. What did you buy?

96 YZF 600. Will race Lost Era, 600 Extreme, Rookie for forst 6 races,and possibly race up class to Superbike if time and $ are ok.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    96 YZF 600. Will race Lost Era, 600 Extreme, Rookie for forst 6 races,and possibly race up class to Superbike if time and $ are ok.
    Congrats and welcome to the addiction Get the wife on board it will make life easier.

Congrats and welcome to the addiction Get the wife on board it will make life easier.
    Or toss her overboard... either/or
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Or toss her overboard... either/or
    Just make sure she's not tied to the anchor chain. You could drag her around for years.
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/306/signaturelj4.jpg