Ride to Bruce Peninsula on weekend (Oct.18 or 19) - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ride to Bruce Peninsula on weekend (Oct.18 or 19)

Getting screwed by our insurance companys!

Re: Ride to Bruce Peninsula on weekend (Oct.18 or 19)

Sorry i was a no show! i had to work at the bar last night and did not get home till ten to four! And i rode to and from work last night! WOW was it cold!!!

The ride was great!!!
    Thanks everyone for comming!

Sorry for wander off on Hwy10...
    Last edited by slogan; 10-19-2008 at 09:06 PM.

WHAT AN AWESOME RIDE!

Thanks Slogan for getting us together and thanks to all of you who lead the way there and back!

It was great to meet some new faces, just sorry it is so late in the season!

I hope I didn't slow those behind me down too much

AND a BIG thanks for letting me and my cruiser ride with all you sexy, sporsters

Hugz to all and I hope y'all made it home before dark and without tickets! lol

Shirley

great ride, Daryl and i found the missing 2 in orangeville, lol, i will let them tell the story

Shirley u were flying, u put that bike to work, i couldnt beileave u were right behind the whole way back, we started movin pretty good

Thank you to all that participated in today's ride,it was great to meet all the new faces & see the usual suspects haha---had a x-cellant time & terrific laughter,needless to say I throughly enjoyed the day!!!!!!!!!
    & yes there was a visual of two on a yellow Bmerrrr-- lmaorotf!!

Daryl

Thanks Eric! I am only as fast as the bike will go! LOL

Needless to say....wait til I get my sport bike!

Great ride today!!! Thanks for setting this up Anton.
    Glad to be home was starting to get chilly....brrrr..... oh and Daryl Thanks for the great lunch/laugh session. Here's a couple pics, you know where the rest are.

Last edited by karigotu; 10-19-2008 at 08:31 PM.
    .................If you are gonna ride my *ss, at least pull my hair..
    SMILE. It's the second best thing you can do with your lips KNOW YOUR LIMIT, RIDE WITHIN IT......please no more R.I.P
    RIDE SAFE ALL,
    Smiles...Kari
    02' GSX600F, 05' Hayabusa
    SPONSOR ME......... http://www.runforthecure.com/site/TR...nal&fr_id=1094

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=900740584

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ind...cancitieson_en

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

I Got Lost

Had to pull over for Gas because I'm a Bonehead and had my Odometer on "B" when it should have been on "A" So I thought I had 150km of Gas left.

Tried catching up on Hwy 10 and then a bit of Grey #1 , You must of been moving considering how fast I was going. Didn't see anyone at the turns.

Where did you end up stopping ?

Well Daryl, you had a amazing day testing all those different bikes out!

I would like nothing better than to test yours too. I have tested a couple of Ninja's, a GXR -- which is so far my fav, and a Kawi 600 2008...it was too tall for me therefore made me a little nervous.

So, I still would like to ride a CBR and hope you will volunteer and a Busa! Which is where I a swaying towards right now....

Great day everyone. Nice to meet some new people, too. Hope everyone made it home o.k.

Here's some pics

Until next time

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by etonna View Post
    great ride, Daryl and i found the missing 2 in orangeville, lol, i will let them tell the story
    well I... or should I say "WE" just got home not too long ago... the catch phase "we all ride together, we all go home together" took a whole new meaning tonight.. as Daryl and Eric caught us in the act... just so happens we were @ a stop-light and them 2 just happen to be right there to see us 2-UP on my bike... due to mechanical difficulties with a friend's bike.... it's safe and sound @ some gas station....

all i can say is being on the back of my bike for 3 hrs was un-bearable... wonder how that couple did doing 2-UP all day... give totally props to her.... and him...lol

other than the freezing weather, 2-UPPING IT, lack of clothing.... it's been a un-believable day... i'm glad this ride was post-poned for sunday...

well that's it for my riding season... enjoy the rest of urs and ride safe everyone as always....

Thanks Anton for putting this all together. Great ride. It was nice to go up to Tobermory on a day ride. I enjoyed the day and made it through the cold ok. Glad we had a safe day and no probs with the boys in blue.

Shirley, still want to try a Busa? After seeing you throw your Shadow around like you were today, you can take my bike for a spin anytime.
    Keep the front wheel in the air and the shiny side up.

Guelph
    Past bikes-77 Yam YZ100, 80 Hon CR125, 84 Yam XT600, 86 Hon CR250, 87 Yam TW200, 03 Hon CBR954, 05 Busa
    Current bikes- 08 Busa, 06 Hon CRF50

What an image I have in my head. Who rode Biotch? You know who your friends are when.....

Just glad you all made it home ok. We wondered where you got to and where we lost you.

Quote Originally Posted by northyorkguy View Post
    well I... or should I say "WE" just got home not too long ago... the catch phase "we all ride together, we all go home together" took a whole new meaning tonight.. as Daryl and Eric caught us in the act... just so happens we were @ a stop-light and them 2 just happen to be right there to see us 2-UP on my bike... due to mechanical difficulties with a friend's bike.... it's safe and sound @ some gas station....

all i can say is being on the back of my bike for 3 hrs was un-bearable... wonder how that couple did doing 2-UP all day... give totally props to her.... and him...lol

other than the freezing weather, 2-UPPING IT, lack of clothing.... it's been a un-believable day... i'm glad this ride was post-poned for sunday...

well that's it for my riding season... enjoy the rest of urs and ride safe everyone as always....
    Keep the front wheel in the air and the shiny side up.

Guelph
    Past bikes-77 Yam YZ100, 80 Hon CR125, 84 Yam XT600, 86 Hon CR250, 87 Yam TW200, 03 Hon CBR954, 05 Busa
    Current bikes- 08 Busa, 06 Hon CRF50

HAHAHAAAAA Thanks for the positive feedback! I'D Luv nothing better than to test drive a BUSAAAAAHHHHH -- say when and where and I'll be there! WOOO HOOOO lol )

Thanks so much again for a great day!

Well, I had some funny story on my way back home.

It happened so, that after Orangeville I was riding Hwy10 alone. I did pass all constraction part of the road, and left all cars behind me.
    So, I'm on Hwy10 changing to the rigth line, riding with averege spd which is little bit higher than the trafics one (as I said the trafic was already behind my shoulders).
    And the next moment I see the flying cops car with all flashing lights on in my left mirror... I thought "well, one day it had to happen... Ah... I'm so young to die-e-e!.."
    And I started to look on cops' car stern trying to understand the distance they will stop to cut me off, and how should I stop, and what I'll say, and on and on...
    But the cops, they didn't stop, nor slow down! they just turned the next sideroad left and flew away blinking and flashing with their lights!

Well, this time it wasn't about me!

Quote Originally Posted by KewlKitty View Post
    HAHAHAAAAA Thanks for the positive feedback! I'D Luv nothing better than to test drive a BUSAAAAAHHHHH -- say when and where and I'll be there! WOOO HOOOO lol )

Thanks so much again for a great day!

uh oh, i think someone caught the sportbike bug, i could see you workin that busa, then i will never catch you

ahhhhh well whatever my ride Eric...No one gets left behind! LOL No, I am sure you will be right there...that GXSR if FAST! WOW I was impressed

What a great day! Thanks for organizing it, Anton! It was great to see everyone and meet some new friends too! Thanks for the lead Chris, you always manage to find the best roads!

Had to stop for some hot chocolate in Orangeville to thaw out a bit, before riding all the way home!

Shirley, girlfriend - you rock that cruiser!!

Quote Originally Posted by northyorkguy View Post

LOL, I was ok, I can generally tough things out. I have done half day trips with her b4, but I think 1 days are too much. Generally, I can ride in 5 deg. weather fine, but it seems like, believe or not, I am getting old. Normally my tires will give up long b4 I do. Same amount of clothing, no heated grip, no heated gear. When she got tired, she started to lean on me for support, that put a strain on my wrist and back, but what can I do??

I decided to slow down and take things at my own pace, so I just separated at Orangeville and stop at a timmies to warm up and stretch the legs.

Thanks for the lead and organizing Anton.
    Resident Loudmouth