Who makes crash bars? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who makes crash bars?

Re: Who makes crash bars?

freestyle inginuity is the cage on my 929 it has been proven. ive slid it almost 100 feet no damage at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00131.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by eye toke View Post
    freestyle inginuity is the cage on my 929 it has been proven. ive slid it almost 100 feet no damage at all.
    FI sucks! And thats been proven.....Great poser cage, but the worst cage ever for someone actually stunting....

I think it was the socks and sandals that saved you bro

^^^ahahahhaa for sure. are those tyger shark sandals and mxd socks.

man.. never mind the FI cages.... ****.. i dont even like sic inovation stuff.... think i would actually go out and buy my self a fi over ts?? no ****ing way even if they pay me to do so... (but if they do pay me to do so... i willl...)

stupid question

do they help if u just drop ur bike on the road?

depends if its just a slide yeh it will but if you cart wheel the rest of the bike is done but ur motor and ur sides will be minty thats only if you are running tyger shark.

Quote Originally Posted by turn2 View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Thanks again for all the advice and help, our riding styles are different but the two wheel bond we all have in common is pretty cool.

Just an update...I spoke with Bruce (one of the owners) from Tyger Shark and they are totally hyped to get their cages on our school bikes. The volume im looking at just for the school bikes alone is enough to give me dealer status, so if anyone needs anything in the near future please let me know!

Details wont be finalized until the new year, and im not taking orders before then, but i think i can easily match their online prices (with CDN at par...maybe even a small discount for GTA members) and possibly get free shipping if the orders are tagged in with mine!!

Keep in touch...and i'll keep info up to date as it becomes available!! Thx

George Budacki
    www.turn2.ca

P.S... anyone thought of starting a stunt school up here???? ARC Level 1WO (One Wheel Only) hahaha

Hey all,

Said id keep yas up to date...im not having much luck (actually none) with Tyger Shark. They were stoked in the beginning now i cant even get a reply email! Are they that freaking busy? Probably. Ill let yas know if anything changes....

G
    RIDE LIKE YOU WANNA LEARN

Ive never personally dealt with Tygershark but I hear they are hard to get in touch with lol

probably are a lot of the big names in stunting are using them and all the new bikes coming out they probably are busy also its STUNT WARS so...

how does tyger shark hold up on the f4i??? any problems with that specific design??? cuz i remeber izzo bike pouring oil all over my spot and he was runnin a tygershark cage! so i dont have too much faith in them right now. how can you sell a product that fail to do what it was originally designed to do and yet have everyone rave about how good it is??? they must have some amazing marketing!

anyone have first hand experience???
    Last edited by corpse; 01-18-2009 at 12:17 PM.
    Need something welded? Mild or Stainless Steel and Aluminium. PM me for quotes!

Well i think that's cause izzo did not a have a stator cover the 05 06 needed a stator coveri have a street cage on mine so far so good way better than the mxd.

Quote Originally Posted by corpse View Post
    how does tyger shark hold up on the f4i??? any problems with that specific design??? cuz i remeber izzo bike pouring oil all over my spot and he was runnin a tygershark cage! so i dont have too much faith in them right now. how can you sell a product that fail to do what it was originally designed to do and yet have everyone rave about how good it is??? they must have some amazing marketing!

anyone have first hand experience???
    LOL your funny.......Yeah its marketing that is the reason Im using the same TS cage going into its 3rd season....When I used to go through 2-3 MXD cages per season... On certain bikes a billet stator cover is a must, one of those with a TS and youve got the best combo possible....

imo i think that if you have to buy a stator cover because it hits the ground the cage is not doing what its suppost to...you get more ground clearance when cornering with the ts cause it has no cross bracing from one side to the other...the sic innovations that i run on my f4i seems to be the strongest one imo...and the cheapest as well.....220 for the cage...as apposed to 320 for the cage and another 150 for the stator cover for the ts...also the ground clearance for the SI is pretty good as well...never had any issues
    Last edited by BnASoldier; 01-21-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BnASoldier View Post
    imo i think that if you have to buy a stator cover because it hits the ground the cage is not doing what its suppost to...you get more ground clearance when cornering with the ts cause it has no cross bracing from one side to the other...the sic innovations that i run on my f4i seems to be the strongest one imo...and the cheapest as well.....220 for the cage...as apposed to 320 for the cage and another 150 for the stator cover for the ts...also the ground clearance for the SI is pretty good as well...never had any issues
    Both the powers and the MXD cages I had both hit my stator cover eventually....So no matter what cage brand/design, my bike could use a billet stator cover...And I bought a stator cover before I even bought the cages, becuase I put them on all my bikes. And more then once its been the differnece between needing a tow home, and riding home...

Mikes TS cage on his 05 636 never broke the cover, but the cage started to hit the cover over time like all usually do when they start to get beat up...So he bought a billet cover too, just to be safe and not have to worry about spilling oil one day....So basically its more of 636 issue, then a TS cage issue...I dont think anyone running a TS on a F4i needs a stator cover...

FI cages are know to break stator covers easily

You F4i guys have it a little easier then everyone else, as the F4i is unique in the fact that the engine mounting points are soo close together compared to other bikes..That makes the cage very compact with short pieces of tubing, which does not bend as easy as bigger cages made with longer pieces.....The 600RR is the same way, but the upper front mount is too low, so it tends to roll over more....
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 01-21-2009 at 11:42 AM.

Oh and I forgot to mention, that all 3 of the last TS cages I ordered came with a cross bar that connects both sides. Its removable so its up to you if you want to run it or not, but that bar basically makes them unbreakable....Cause in 2 seasons of hard crashes thats all my cage ever did, shift in slighly on very hard drops...With the cross bar that isnt going to happen....

friend of mine has tested a FI cage on his f4i tons and tons of times lol with nothing damaged, other then the sliders and a lil rash on the cage its self

altho he is not a pro stunter, or a stunter at all, just seems to like to drop the bike lol

so Johnny, whats your opinion on the best cage to use for street then? I have race railz on my k8 gixxer1k but i dont stunt it, i just like to ride hard, spend alot of time in the gap..... so tight body lines, that will still not drag on decreasing radius corners and full suspension sucked up....

any opinion would be great

thnx

rails are fine i never understand why people put a full cage on the street if you ain't stunting the race rails will save from tip overs and small crashes....

As for your friend testing out the fi cages i had a mxd on my bike and that bent to **** withing 2 weeks my tiger shark is still running strong it's how hard you drop the bike you cannot judge a cage by a tipover.....

oh this was not a tip over lol, it was across 4 lanes of trafic into an on coming car lol

Well if the bike slid it's a different story any cage would do the job in that cause but when ur in a parking lot you don't want the bike roll over on the tank neither do you want it to bounce back up off the cage and make a run for it.......

The way i look at it if you crash ur bike hard enough pretty you much destroy every thing on ur bike except the motor and side fairings Once the bike starts cart wheeling and going thru the air like super man no cage is going to save it...