"Signal Sorcerer" - Do these work?

Thread: "Signal Sorcerer" - Do these work?

Question "Signal Sorcerer" - Do these work?

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chap...=false&GiftID=

Do these signal cycle "trippers" work?

Re: "Signal Sorcerer" - Do these work?

Doubt it..

But what DOES work is calling the city/town/region traffic department, and they will proptly send out a technician to the light in question and adjust the gain of the inductive loop.

Oshawa Traffic = 905-666-8116
    I don't have other numbers handy

It just sounds sketchy... It 'changes the inductance'... The inductance of what? And does this inductance function at all traffic lights?

I dunno, I wouldn't spend money on it if I were you - It's under the Magic Price threshold; These gadgets are designed to be cheap enough that if they don't work, you can say "oh well, I only spent x dollars on it." $18.99 seems a little too cheap for this thing to do what it claims, especially when the claims are so vague.
    I'm sorry, I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Somebody recently posted here that they don't work because the field that they create is not enough even stuck to the lowest point on your fairing. He went on to say that if you drop your side-stand down and put it over one of the lines impeded in the pavement that will work. I don't personally know because when I'm riding late at night I avoid these intersections or I look both ways and slowly go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Nwambe View Post
    It just sounds sketchy... It 'changes the inductance'... The inductance of what? And does this inductance function at all traffic lights?

I dunno, I wouldn't spend money on it if I were you - It's under the Magic Price threshold; These gadgets are designed to be cheap enough that if they don't work, you can say "oh well, I only spent x dollars on it." $18.99 seems a little too cheap for this thing to do what it claims, especially when the claims are so vague.
    So what... does this mean you don't buy bread? It costs less than this thing... along with alot of other stuff I buy every day.

"The inductance of what?"
    The inductance of the imbedded sensor in the road.
    There is not a sensor at every intersection... just the ones that you can change the light at... usually at a side street onto a major street.

Yes this thing will work... but then so will strapping a magnet onto the bottom of your bike. (Be sure to secure it well. Magnets rolling down the highway at speed could present a real problem).
    The sensors were designed for cars, cars that have alot of ferrous metal down close to the road, not sport bikes with aluminum frames, cases and wheels. The only things made of steel down low on a bike are the crankshaft and transmissions... which are both spinning at high speed. Not good for tripping inductive sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by djltoronto View Post
    Doubt it..

But what DOES work is calling the city/town/region traffic department, and they will proptly send out a technician to the light in question and adjust the gain of the inductive loop.

Oshawa Traffic = 905-666-8116
    I don't have other numbers handy
    Are u sure, since when "prompt" is part of a government operation??

Quote Originally Posted by bitzz View Post
    So what... does this mean you don't buy bread? It costs less than this thing... along with alot of other stuff I buy every day.

"The inductance of what?"
    The inductance of the imbedded sensor in the road.
    There is not a sensor at every intersection... just the ones that you can change the light at... usually at a side street onto a major street.

Yes this thing will work... but then so will strapping a magnet onto the bottom of your bike. (Be sure to secure it well. Magnets rolling down the highway at speed could present a real problem).
    The sensors were designed for cars, cars that have alot of ferrous metal down close to the road, not sport bikes with aluminum frames, cases and wheels. The only things made of steel down low on a bike are the crankshaft and transmissions... which are both spinning at high speed. Not good for tripping inductive sensors.
    Plus my kickstand. At least in my bike.
    Resident Loudmouth

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    Are u sure, since when "prompt" is part of a government operation??

true...

Government and prompt are usually not used in the same sentence.

But I called one day, and the next day I saw the techs at the intersection. On the third day, it was good to go!

I was impressed - to say the least.

Don't pay your taxes. Then you'll see prompt...

jay98

Look for rare-earth magnets for bikes. Basically made of the same stuff in speaker magnets. I've heard they do work. Makes your bike look like it has a larger magnetic signature than it does. But even they don't work all the time. What does work is sticking it in neutral and running over and hitting the cross walk button

true...

But I called one day, and the next day I saw the techs at the intersection. On the third day, it was good to go!

I was impressed - to say the least.
    If that happened to me, I would sacrifice a lamb on that location and wear my best sunday clothes
    Resident Loudmouth

Talking Re: "Signal Sorcerer" - Do these work?

Quote Originally Posted by jay98 View Post
    Look for rare-earth magnets for bikes. Basically made of the same stuff in speaker magnets. I've heard they do work. Makes your bike look like it has a larger magnetic signature than it does. But even they don't work all the time. What does work is sticking it in neutral and running over and hitting the cross walk button
    Exactly!!!! And I've done the bike in neutral and run over to press the cross walk button just to speed things up a little!!!!!

Cheers.............
    Steve

old hard drive magnet strapped to as low as you can and stop over the cut lines.