Mr. Kenzie is at it again - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mr. Kenzie is at it again

Re: Mr. Kenzie is at it again

Quote Originally Posted by bear22099 View Post
    If he exaggerates the term to get his point across, does it not also taint the number? To me it does.

Problem with your comment about getting impounded is that first you have to put yourself into that position. I fully understand the rules, and act knowing the consequences of my actions.

Got to call you on this comment Bear, come on down to my City & ride around for a bit in one of my muscle or sports cars and see how many times somebody will squirrel away from you at a light. Dosen't happen all the time, but it happens often enough that I have to worry about five O making a mistake in identifying the guilty throttle jockey. Of course it's the arrest me red or loud yellow muscle car, it just couldn't be the 4 door Hyundai with the two kids in ball caps that made all that noise.
    That was this past Friday night, and the turd in the light blue Mazda that took off as if we were in a street race on Saturday afternoon.
    The on the spot lynch & hang em justice is for cowboys, we have the right to due process and to own property in this country & it must be returned & upheld, not surrendered just because you have a DL.
    Get in sit down buckle up and shut up and hang on !

Quote Originally Posted by dankyyz View Post
    You know the limit. Exceed it and be advised, these are the ramifications. Simple really. 90%of the population gets it.
    Where did you pull that number out of? I have an idea

90% of the people DO NOT follow the posted limits to the letter.... I would bet my life on that. Maybe 3-5% MAX.

Being the system that we have (majority rules) then it is high time to revisit the speed limits. Not just accept what a SMALL GROUP of individuals says we should do, even though they may think they know whats best for all of us idiots.

I would rather spend my tax money on a wide study of the various limits and the criteria for determining those limits (cause there is no rhyme or reason to it from what I can see driving around this province), or on stricter and stronger license testing, then on coming up with yet another redundant drunk/youth/speeding/stunting law. That is a total waste of time and money, problem is, nobody wants to take a good look at the problem, its a diffucult one.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by bear22099 View Post
    If any of your speeding examples had been doing anywhere near the limit, they would not have been charged would they? If the biker did not lane split (and that has always been against the law here) he would not have been charged would he?
    So you are FOR trumped up charges that go well beyond the scope of the initial offense??

I know people have pegged you as a LEO here, but I doubt you would have passed the personality tests....

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    There is no need to add the words "claiming to" to his post. The accused is not required to make any claims and prove them in court. The Crown must prove the charges. We are not required to prove our innocence. As I stated previously, that is presumed.
    One wonders for how much longer though....

http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/472262

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post

Oh my .... no kidding. That's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post

This doesn't deprive you to your right to trial. It has to do with showing that you aren't a danger to society if on release prior to trial and that you will, in fact, appear for trial. Should bail be ASSUMED? Yes, The Crown should have to show that you are a danger if released rather than defaulting to depriving you of your freedom.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    This doesn't deprive you to your right to trial. It has to do with showing that you aren't a danger to society if on release prior to trial and that you will, in fact, appear for trial. Should bail be ASSUMED? Yes, The Crown should have to show that you are a danger if released rather than defaulting to depriving you of your freedom.
    Not really refering to a trial. I am pointing out he reverse onus part of it.

McBiker

I guess I didn't understant it at first. but it's clear now.