Michael Moore's Take on USA 700 billion bailout - Page 3

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Moore's Take on USA 700 billion bailout

Re: Michael Moore's Take on USA 700 billion bailout

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkee View Post
    btw the article you posted cost me 1/2 a day of work!
    So the economic turmoil south of the border is already severely affecting Canadian productivity.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    So the economic turmoil south of the border is already severely affecting Canadian productivity.
    its more of a domino effect in US economy since I work for US farm.

not so
    pure 2-stroke spirit

its more of a domino effect in US economy since I work for US farm.

US farm!!!
    EVIL
    EVIL
    EVIL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    US farm!!!
    EVIL
    EVIL
    EVIL!!!
    I am the good guy. I am digging and ripping $ out of the evil farm.

not so
    pure 2-stroke spirit

over 150,000 jobs lost in USA in Sept. They are screwed!

I am the good guy. I am digging and ripping $ out of the evil farm.

oh, alright then...
    carry on the valiant fight

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE_KAWI View Post

Yup and 605,000 for the whole year.. That's probably 1 in 350-400 working people for the entire country. Pretty large.. and scary..
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE_KAWI View Post
    and so are we. cause the unemployed don't buy a lot, including products we manufacture here in Ontario

Andrew - Scarberia

This is a good article on the job situation in the US...

http://www.truthout.org/100308B
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

well it just passed he house.

Which will be good news to everybody who is invested in the stock market, not just the rich

Andrew - Scarberia

I look at the bailout plan as rob peter to pay paul...

The 700 Billion they are going to pay Wall Street to fix their own F up comes with interest payment which has to be paid back... and the rosy story that the assets might appreciate and help the tax payers... I could smell that 1500 miles away...

I wonder what will happen in today's vote!

The US monetary system is setup to eliminate the middle class... It's interesting to hear someone like Ron Paul speak about the economy yet the US goes and votes for McCain...

Quote Originally Posted by Addy View Post
    The US monetary system is setup to eliminate the middle class... It's interesting to hear someone like Ron Paul speak about the economy yet the US goes and votes for McCain...
    He may be a little out there on some of his polcicies but the U.S. needs a guy like Ron Paul. The guy has some great ideas!

I've read/heard a lot of clever people having their say on the state of US economy and most of them agree that no matter how sharp and long the downturn - the full recovery is inevitable. Hold on to your stocks if you can afford to wait - they'll bounce back eventually, even with profit. None of them have guts to say that there is no way their country will ever be the world financial, economical leader again. Not with 10 trillion of national debt, destroyed manufacturing sector, stupidified (sistematically uneducated) masses, heavy dependency on oil, destroyed rights and freedoms, bloated and expensive military, offensive wars... The emperor is naked but they are still singing praise to his style.

The king is dead, long live...?
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

After the second coming of the Dark Ages, and the balkanization of the USA, a succession of power will be inevitable.

Have a good day!

lets not forget, this is an asset purchase. Chances are the government will recoup at least half, probably a fair bit more, of the 700B outlay

Andrew - Scarberia

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew978 View Post
    lets not forget, this is an asset purchase. Chances are the government will recoup at least half, probably a fair bit more, of the 700B outlay
    Yes... but at what cost though?

Even if they recoup 1/2 of it... that's still a 350 billion dollar loss... on an economy that's running a 1.5 Trillion dollar deficit!!!

The banks are the ones that caused this by passing loans to anyone that could fog a mirror... I say, they get punished!

Also, I'm sure that the banks will try to use this to write each and every single one of their bad assets off at the expense of the tax payer...

Even if this gets approved, this would only suffice for a short period of time since the employment numbers are not looking good either!

Yes... but at what cost though?

Even if they recoup 1/2 of it... that's still a 350 billion dollar loss... on an economy that's running a 1.5 Trillion dollar deficit!!!

The banks are the ones that caused this by passing loans to anyone that could fog a mirror... I say, they get punished!

Also, I'm sure that the banks will try to use this to write each and every single one of their bad assets off at the expense of the tax payer...

Even if this gets approved, this would only suffice for a short period of time since the employment numbers are not looking good either!
    It's been approved..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

- Thomas Jefferson

Formally known as the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act, it would authorize Treasury Secretary Henry M. Paulson Jr. to initiate what is likely to become the biggest government bailout in U.S. history, allowing him to spend up to $700 billion to relieve faltering banks and other firms of bad assets backed by home mortgages, which are falling into foreclosure at record rates.

The plan would give Paulson broad latitude to purchase any assets from any firms at any price and to assemble a team of individuals and institutions to manage them. In wielding those powers, Paulson and others hope to contain a crisis that has caused the failure or forced the rescue of a half-dozen major Wall Street firms and unnerved markets around the world.
    This is def going to be very interesting!

This is def going to be very interesting!

All hail emperor Paul...

- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Argyle View Post
    All hail emperor Paul...
    I bet he has a lot of friends in town right now...