dirt bike trails - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dirt bike trails

Re: dirt bike trails

I definitely agree! You'll never find me trespassing on that property. I was just curious to know the story behind it. It's (the dirt bike "track") been around for a LONG time.

I'm blue plated (Suzuki DR-Z400S) and will be joining the OFTR next season. Can't wait!

This is what i've heard,how true it is I dont know?
    The guy who owns the land lives overseas in Sweden or something.
    He use to let people ride there until someone got hurt and tried to sue him,after that there was no more riding allowed there.I see see people there when I drive up the 400 and I can hear them from my place too.

Yeah, that's the story I heard as well...

Looks like the "track" is still well used, despite being private property.

As far as riding in the Simcoe County Forests go, I really don't care where people ride, or if they buy the permits or not. Its not my buisness. I am a memeber and have paid my dues incase your wondering.

As far as riding on someone's private track without permission... Big ****ing no no!!!! We lost our private track this year because we had set rules to follow in order to keep it open and someone who didn't have permission broke those rules.

At this point we might not be able to ride it next year so we are all pretty ******.

Stay off Private tracks unless invited....

Jesus...

You have to be member of this federation, or a member of that association.

This province SUCKS *** when it comes to offroad riding. Goddamn Insurance industry...
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Jesus...

You have to be member of this federation, or a member of that association.

This province SUCKS *** when it comes to offroad riding. Goddamn Insurance industry...
    Yup sure does.... I have rode the SCF for the past few years without a problem... no permit, no insurance, just park and ride. The only reason I have the permit is because it was a gift from a local shop who supports the program.

Quote Originally Posted by 23 View Post
    Yup sure does.... I have rode the SCF for the past few years without a problem... no permit, no insurance, just park and ride. The only reason I have the permit is because it was a gift from a local shop who supports the program.

I don't really mind buying a permit, if it supports the continuation of the sport, perfect.

But which one do I have to buy? Just tell me... lol.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

In order to legally ride Simcoe County Forests you must belong to the OFTR and SCORRA
    Here's a couple of links:

http://www.oftr.ca/

http://www.scorra.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by allan68 View Post
    In order to legally ride Simcoe County Forests you must belong to the OFTR and SCORRA

Eastie, I got mine through the OFTR.

But if you want to ride in the Ganny, you need their permit.

It all depends on where you want to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by allan68 View Post

That should say "OFTR or SCORRA". But then if you join SCORRA, your membership includes the OFTR. That's the local club up there and if you want those areas to remain open so you can ride them, you should join.

Quote Originally Posted by 23 View Post
    This place is very much NOT open.... I would not reccomend going there.

Just my .02

How is it NOT open if I've been, and seen people riding there this year?

What has happened? Do the police show up if there are people on the property?

Has anyone ridden there recently? Any news.

If you do not have permission from the landowner to be on the property you are trespassing.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmEff View Post
    If you do not have permission from the landowner to be on the property you are trespassing.
    DING DING DING....

Just because you can get onto the property, does not mean that it's open and that you have permission to ride there.

If you are caught, and believe my the cops will come at somepoint, you are trespassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Starboy444 View Post
    How is it NOT open if I've been, and seen people riding there this year?

What has happened? Do the police show up if there are people on the property?

Has anyone ridden there recently? Any news.
    I used to ride there almost twice a week. The last two times we went (last fall) we were stopped by the Barrie police and told to leave. If we were seen there again trespass tickets would be issued. A few months before I was riding after work and some moron in a Jepp was tearing up the guys been field...WTF???

The owner doesn't want anyone riding there.

Ride insured and plated and become a member, support the sport!
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports

RipDirt

I think the only approved forest near to 89 and 400 is http://ripdirt.wikidot.com/baxter, but it's 15min north-west of there

There is a track in innisfil, this one has only been around for two years(approx). Private property, guy has a large mobile home at front of property. At rear of property is a very LARGE outdoor track. He is open all day wednesdays and thursday(if i remember correctly). You pay to ride.

The track is on the 4th line in innisfil, just a half km east of 10sdrd(aka huronia). For those that don't know the area. You would travel north or south on hwy 400(depending where you travel from) take hwy 89 east approx 3kms to 10th sdrd, go north approx 2kms, hang a right(east on 4th) half a km on the south side and your in MX utopia! Enjoy!!

You can see track from road and hear it for a good few miles away on a Thursday. If it`s dry you`ll see a giant dust cloud over the property.
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

Not sure if the owner of that track really wants his location posted everywhere on the net. 2 years ago it was intended more for use by invite, wich I had an invite from a good friend of his and I was told to NOT post the location on the net as he was having issues with the town trying to close it down on him. If you want to keep riding there, then STFU about the location because sooner or later it's just going to cause problems. Plus, it's already busy enough there and its not so much fun waiting for 40 muinets for other groups to ride, then you ride for a few muinets and pull off the track and you MIGHT get 2 or 3 sessions in if you have a real job and work during the day and go for the evenning.

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    Not sure if the owner of that track really wants his location posted everywhere on the net. 2 years ago it was intended more for use by invite, wich I had an invite from a good friend of his and I was told to NOT post the location on the net as he was having issues with the town trying to close it down on him. If you want to keep riding there, then STFU about the location because sooner or later it's just going to cause problems. Plus, it's already busy enough there and its not so much fun waiting for 40 muinets for other groups to ride, then you ride for a few muinets and pull off the track and you MIGHT get 2 or 3 sessions in if you have a real job and work during the day and go for the evenning.
    what's a "real job" ?
    JUST RIDE IT.

lol I knew I was going to get flak for that... I meant something full time where you go in and don't typically get a full week day off so you try and fit a ride in between the end of your shift and dark.
    I know real jobs arent just 9-5 because mine sure isn't, it was pretty much if you have a full time job, you don't get alot of time off.
    But, of course, everyone thinks they have a "real job" except me, I don't know if I can call what I do work since I enjoy it... But I'm still obligated to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    Hey fun police you want me to STFU???? Thats a nice approach. Dude has made a little bit of a business out of this, aka money hand over fist. He can police the amount of people that come to ride by turning them away!!!! Myself, a coworker and his two kids rode there like 20X this summer. Paid to ride each time. Nobody ever said this place is a secret to me!!(so sorry if I'm not in the know) GET OVER YOURSELF. More flies with honey. If you don't like my post maybe try a pm next time instead of trying to scold me online............. FYI I have owners name and phonenumber (witheld)
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!