dirt bike trails

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dirt bike trails

dirt bike trails

has anyone heard of or been to a dirt bike trail near hwy 89 south of Barrie. Just wondering where this place is if you have. I heard it is private property where the owner charges a set fee for a day of riding.

thanks

Re: dirt bike trails

Quote Originally Posted by parkside View Post
    has anyone heard of or been to a dirt bike trail near hwy 89 south of Barrie. Just wondering where this place is if you have. I heard it is private property where the owner charges a set fee for a day of riding.

thanks
    Apparently there used to be a track somewhere around there but I have never seen it....

If anyone has the info post up.

It is either private property or Simcoe County Forrest. If it is Simcoe County Forrest then it is one of the tracts that doesn't allow motorized vehicles. You have to go north of Barrie for tracts that allow motorized vehicles and you have to be a member of the Ontario Federation of Trail Riders. The bike must be green plated and insured.
    Join SCORRA (Simcoe County Off Road Riders Association) and all is good.

theirs one right off to the south side of the Hwy there. i've seen it before and im looking to ride it to. but i think its in someones backyard.
    Its not what you ride, its how you ride it.

There's a track just past Stayner, towards Collingwood, that allows you to ride for about $20 a day a must sign a waiver. If you're interested I'll post the guys phone number.
    I just bought a 2005 CRF 250 so I am looking to do some late season riding now.

this is the track you are talking about, its not trails, there are no trails around it. Guy charges 30 bux and I think its wed or thurs nights (I forget) the track is on the 4th line near the 400, but there isnt an exit at 4th line. Not for beginners, you wont like it if you are.

here is a link to google map

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...04764&t=h&z=18
    Yellow fever!!! I love Japanese........Bikes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    There's a track just past Stayner, towards Collingwood, that allows you to ride for about $20 a day a must sign a waiver. If you're interested I'll post the guys phone number.
    Ozzy,

Hook that number up..... I wonder if it's Mezley's Dads place your talking about??? I've heard about it but never been able to find it or find anyone else that knows about it.

I'd like his number
    It's a lot closer than Motopark or Burnt River
    Thanks
    When you want something done in the worst way, that's usually the way it is implimented... in the worst way.

Ozzy , Joet100r

Lets try and all work something out that we can meet up and ride.

I've got a call into my buddy about riding his track on Sunday. It's not for the faint of heart though....

Lets get something going....

I'll post it later tonight as I'm on the laptop listening to my daughter read and do not have it handy. It's NOT chuck's track, this guys last name ends in "ski". I just can't think of it at the moment.

Guys I gave you his number in PM as I did not feel right posting another persons number on a forum. Let me know if he's still letting people come out.

Guys I gave you his number in PM as I did not feel right posting another persons number on a forum. Let me know if he's still letting people come out.
    I wouldn't post it either. I will give them a call later today and see when riding is permitted.

I'd like to set something up where we can all go at the same time.

I'm not sure when/if I can make it this fall. I'm tied up this Sun. and next weekend is Thanksgiving.
    We usually go up to Simcoe County Forrests or out to the Ganny but the hunters are coming out soon so a nearby mx track would be nice.
    Thanks for the number and keep me posted.
    When you want something done in the worst way, that's usually the way it is implimented... in the worst way.

We went up to the Hendrie tract last weekend and crossed Horseshoe Valley Road and went north from there. There is a fine gravel path about 6 ft wide that runs parrallel to Phelpston Rd. (I think its for snowmobiles and we took that right into Phelpston but ran into a sign that said "No motorized vehicles" We doubled back and saw a snowmobile sign to Wasaga so we followed that. I think it was Flos Side Rd. #3 that went into a forest. What a mess. We were going up a hill and it hadn't rained much at all but we ran into a ******** of mud in the middle of the trail. My buddie seemed to think that we were in the middle of a natural spring. His CRF250X was up to the axles in the mud and my old CRF230 wasn't much better. His son (a tall 12 year old) made it through on his CR150R mx bike with a bit of help. My son had a TT-R125 small wheel and he held back from the mud and the little bugger found a path through the woods.
    We eventually got lost and came out the Miller tract onto the road. We travelled quite a while on the shoulder of the road to get back to Phelpston and we were lucky the OPP didn't nail our *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketcase View Post
    We went up to the Hendrie tract last weekend and crossed Horseshoe Valley Road and went north from there. There is a fine gravel path about 6 ft wide that runs parrallel to Phelpston Rd. (I think its for snowmobiles and we took that right into Phelpston but ran into a sign that said "No motorized vehicles" We doubled back and saw a snowmobile sign to Wasaga so we followed that. I think it was Flos Side Rd. #3 that went into a forest. What a mess. We were going up a hill and it hadn't rained much at all but we ran into a ******** of mud in the middle of the trail. My buddie seemed to think that we were in the middle of a natural spring. His CRF250X was up to the axles in the mud and my old CRF230 wasn't much better. His son (a tall 12 year old) made it through on his CR150R mx bike with a bit of help. My son had a TT-R125 small wheel and he held back from the mud and the little bugger found a path through the woods.
    We eventually got lost and came out the Miller tract onto the road. We travelled quite a while on the shoulder of the road to get back to Phelpston and we were lucky the OPP didn't nail our *****.
    That's a good run, its also just outside my front door

If you guys are talking about the Innisfil/Barrie track, it is very much open, and its a great place to dirt bike ride!

There are tons of trails, hills, and there is a pretty good track with high berms that you can ride at the top of the hill.

My friends and I go there at least twice a year.

As far as I know, its still open. Its very easy to get there, and its easy to park too.

Its located at 5th sideroad, and Salem rd. You take the 400 and exit at Innisfil beach rd, then head west on Innisfil beach rd, until sdroad 5. Take 5 north until you hit Salem rd, hang a right at Salem and go to the bottom of the hill, you cant miss it.

Here is a map of the place:

http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&l...27466&t=h&z=15

very much open? 2 guys I ride with got trespass tickies there. I would say open..but ride at own risk, and dont park your truck anywhere near..incase you need to make a fast getaway!!!
    Yellow fever!!! I love Japanese........Bikes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Starboy444 View Post
    If you guys are talking about the Innisfil/Barrie track, it is very much open, and its a great place to dirt bike ride!

There are tons of trails, hills, and there is a pretty good track with high berms that you can ride at the top of the hill.

My friends and I go there at least twice a year.

As far as I know, its still open. Its very easy to get there, and its easy to park too.

Its located at 5th sideroad, and Salem rd. You take the 400 and exit at Innisfil beach rd, then head west on Innisfil beach rd, until sdroad 5. Take 5 north until you hit Salem rd, hang a right at Salem and go to the bottom of the hill, you cant miss it.

Here is a map of the place:

http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&l...27466&t=h&z=15
    This place is very much NOT open.... I would not reccomend going there.

Just my .02

There have been many mixed stories about this property... does anybody know who actually owns it?

Quote Originally Posted by EmmEff View Post
    There have been many mixed stories about this property... does anybody know who actually owns it?
    I would say as a general rule of thumb
    1) If you are not paying to use the track....probably not legal
    OR
    2) If you have not spoken to the land owner yourself....probably not legal
    Just be careful as NO INSURANCE can also run you into a world of trouble out there

Get green plated, insured, and become a member of SCORA for $80 and ride the simcoe county reforestation trails legally
    Just my 2 cents