2009 zx6r!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 zx6r!

2009 zx6r!

The styling is growing on me more and more every time I look at the pics. Big time bonus with the OEM Ohlins top mount, so I dont have to buy a dampner....Already put my order in for a the Monster ED yesteryday, dont know how Im going to wait till mid January or even later for it.....Soon as I do get it, its getting stripped down completely and getting the usaul SI treatment....F3 knows what Im talkin about "baller status"....Powder coat, Maguras, colour matched braided lines, JP custom stunt stay, the works!.....

The dealer Im dealing with said "Moster ED hummm, you need to get the helmet to match"....My answer "Already have it waiting at home".....Perfect!

So watch out for 2 StuntersINC riders rockin 09 ZX6R's for 09

Re: 2009 zx6r!

At first I used to hate them ...but the look has started growin on me 2!
    Pm me if you need something painted!!!

Sweet.....

How many bikes you gonna have in the stable after you buy this one???

Quote Originally Posted by GYNXxx View Post
    At first I used to hate them ...but the look has started growin on me 2!
    I realized that its been like that for me with every new bike, when the 05/06 came out I said I didnt like it, same with the 07/08...After I actually start seeing them in person, the styling grows on you....At first its so differnt looking I prefer the old style, but that changes over time.....

Quote Originally Posted by 23 View Post
    Sweet.....

+1 I'm wondering the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by 23 View Post
    Sweet.....

Well I got 3 03/04's and this once I get it....So 4 bikes....Might sell one of the 03/04's thou, with my 3 already and all my friends bikes I dont have much room to work...Yesterday I has 7 bikes in my shop, if youve seen the room I have to work on bikes that pretty much takes up all the space...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Well I got 3 03/04's and this once I get it....So 4 bikes....Might sell one of the 03/04's thou, with my 3 already and all my friends bikes I dont have much room to work...Yesterday I has 7 bikes in my shop, if youve seen the room I have to work on bikes that pretty much takes up all the space...
    Yeah I remember last time I was there to get the Brembo Hb from ya, you had not only a ton of bikes but parts everywhere...

Time to open up a bigger shop lol

donut

They're growin on me more and more. I'm glad they didnt use the same front turn signals as the Ten.. those things are.... strange.

7 thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by donut View Post
    They're growin on me more and more. I'm glad they didnt use the same front turn signals as the Ten.. those things are.... strange.

7 thumbs up!
    I was saying a prayer every night before bed "please Kawi gods dont make it look like the 08 ZX10 in the front"......And they did damit! but you know what, without those stupid integrated front signals in the mirrors it doesnt look half as bad....Those mirrors/signals really ruin the look of the ZX10 for me up front, other then that the 10 has grown on me alot and I think both 6/10 tails and the rest of the bodywork look bad ***! Then again what bike doesnt look 10X better without mirrors...

Needs a AKRO ASAP thou! That pipe is recycled for the titanium, or being made into a lamp...

donut

I don't like the Akra Evo system on the new Ten. The pipe isn't at the right angle and it looks odd. On my 04, the Akra pipe is on a steeper angle than the tail section and it looks right. On the 08 the Akra pipe is closer to horizontal and looks strange. I hope they fix it for the 6R.

For what i've seen on the new Ten, I think it was the full Arata system that looked the best.

Akrapovic offer 2 EVO's for the 08 ZX10, the HEX can with carbon tip or the new can that tapers down....And your right the 04/05 had the best can mounting angle IMO too....I think the tapered can looks better, but nothing will look as good as the race mount the 04/05 had...But I think it has more to do with makin power then looks, thats why they dropped the undertail anyways...

As for this new 6R Id like to see something very short just sticking out of the bottom fairing, like the R6 or new GSXR's....For me I like the look, but also because it will have much less chance of touching the ground....Thats why I made a custom Akro undertail exhasut on my 03/04....I was sick of destroying cans everytime I dropped on the right side.....Whatever they come up with Im going with AKRO either way, I wont waste my money on anything else...AKRO or leave it alone IMO

donut

As for this new 6R Id like to see something very short just sticking out of the bottom fairing, like the R6 or new GSXR's....For me I like the look, but also because it will have much less chance of touching the ground....Thats why I made a custom Akro undertail exhasut on my 03/04....I was sick of destroying cans everytime I dropped on the right side.....Whatever they come up with Im going with AKRO either way, I wont waste my money on anything else...AKRO or leave it alone IMO
    I do love the exhaust on my bike.

When i get my '08 ZX10 i will get the standard hex-can evo system and try to massage it into the right angle. If done carefully, it'd be possible.

Whatever, +1 for Akra.

Quote Originally Posted by donut View Post
    I do love the exhaust on my bike.

When i get my '08 ZX10 i will get the standard hex-can evo system and try to massage it into the right angle. If done carefully, it'd be possible.

Whatever, +1 for Akra.
    Yeah when you buy the optional carbon hanger bracket that Akro offers for most systems. Just using that instead of the stock passenger peg bracket, raises the angle of the pipe quite a bit....

And the HEX can is the ****, just look at how many other pipe makers have coppied it since Akro came out with it...Its like Akro sets the standard for performance and style....

Quote Originally Posted by patronftw View Post
    luckyyyyyyyy
    LOL what does luck have to do with paying full price for a brand new bike, its not like I won the lottery....Ive been working full time for my dads company since I was 17, Im 26 now and still to this day havent taken a vacation or more then one day off at a time....

Only thing Im lucky to have is the oportunity to work hard for my toys.....I havent bought a brand new bike since 03 and my friend thats getting the other one has never bought a brand new bike...

lol I just ment lucky cus your getting the 09. ment nothing bad from it bro.

Quote Originally Posted by patronftw View Post
    lol I just ment lucky cus your getting the 09. ment nothing bad from it bro.
    Common your telling me you dont like your 08 better? That would be a first! To hear someone say they like the one they dont have better, cause all Ive been hearing is I like my 05/06/07/08 better they ruined it...

And I didnt think you meant anything bad, but it just came off like you maybe thought I was getting it for free or even discounted. Or that possibly mommy and daddy bought it for me like IZZO.....LOL

what is on the designers minds of the new jap bikes? all the new bikes suck...look wise. i was thinking about a new bike this spring but man with the styling i am holding off for a bit. they butchered the zx6r since 03 and i thought the r1 was getting better every year but this year looks just as god awful as the rest of them. rant over! congrats on getting the bike hope it works as well as the 636's, if you getting rid of a street one i may be in the market.

donut

Yeah when you buy the optional carbon hanger bracket that Akro offers for most systems. Just using that instead of the stock passenger peg bracket, raises the angle of the pipe quite a bit....

And the HEX can is the ****, just look at how many other pipe makers have coppied it since Akro came out with it...Its like Akro sets the standard for performance and style....
    I dont even have a passenger seat for my bike or passenger pegs. Thats a good thought, ive got the carbon hanger now and it looks nice. I'll have to keep that in mind when im in the market for an 08

* It's about safety, stupid.