where to look up parking infractions #?

Thread: where to look up parking infractions #?

where to look up parking infractions #?

i got a parking ticket today on James St. (Queen/James) the offence was "STOP SIGNED HIGHWAY DURING PROHIBITED (TIMES/DAYS). tHE TIME WAS 5:24PM. I see bikes parked on that street ALL THE TIME EVERYDAY! I've tried googling but no luck of finding the details on the infraction. It's a $60 ticket I was called in to work to fill in for somebody it was a short shift now with the parking ticket I just worked for NOTHING damn it.

Re: where to look up parking infractions #?

What were the prohibited times/days on the signs?

It's a huge pain but if you do challenge it, you can count on the prosecutor offering to settle for half when you go to court...

Quote Originally Posted by leedufour View Post
    What were the prohibited times/days on the signs?

i didn't think there were any....i see cars AND bikes parked there all day long there's a pay and display metre. I've seen groups of bikes that park there from the morning time and they dont leave till night time.

I found this website which gives some interesting information:
    http://www.toronto.ca/transportation...activitybn.pdf

It also made me take a closer look at the ticket that I paid today and lo and behold, my plate number is wrong on the ticket. I could have gotten it canceled because the information was wrong. Darnit!

'08 Suzuki Boulevard S50

This what you're looking for?

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/municode/index.htm
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Just looked up James...signs have changed since construction finished...are you a red/silver F4i? I was there Sunday and many spots have disappeared and the whole east side is confusing...at first glance!

Quote Originally Posted by leedufour View Post
    Just looked up James...signs have changed since construction finished...are you a red/silver F4i? I was there Sunday and many spots have disappeared and the whole east side is confusing...at first glance!
    no my bike's a green 08 ninja250, there were 3 other crusiers to the LEFT of my bike and i was the ONLY one ticketed! I'll go back and check the signs again tomorrow thanks for checking

Specifically, look at the signs on the east side and the worn out paint marks that spot cars. Things overlap now...didn't before. The lines are as worn as any on any street before being repainted.
    I was there Sunday, and I'm somewhat regular there since 2000, and I was a bit confused.

spoke with the parking enforcement officer today stupid me for missing the signs, just to clarify for others i've taken some photo's and marked where you shouldn't park. The stretch where it says no standing expect minimum a $60 ticket (and possible tow as well). Where i marked fire route I made a mistake its actually supposed to be fire hydrant. I can't remember off the top of my head how much but its a hefty one for sure. THere's more no standing / no parking on the east side further up that street but I missed those. I'm just gonna park mine on the west side when im down there from now on just to be safe.

The No Standing in front of the restaurant is a new one. Used to be you could park close to the food truck.

yup and thats where i got a ticket, well i wasn't THAT far back like the ice cream truck in the pic but i was closer to towards the middle but its still no good.