What Should Spies Do? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What should Spies do next year?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • MotoGP at any cost

16 51.61%
  • Front team in WSBK

11 35.48%
  • Stay home and make millions

4 12.90%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Should Spies Do?

Re: What Should Spies Do?

Quote Originally Posted by TLDeano View Post
    Are you willing to put money up AGAINST Szoke for 09 ?
    Yes, I am, he's gonna be hard pressed to do it again for the following reasons:
    1. Brett McCormick
    2. Brett McCormick and Clint McBain
    3. Brett McCormick and Kevin Lacombe
    4. NCR fields 2 1098s with Andrew Nelson and some Italian guy
    5. Jordan Szoke beats himself (into the ground or other solid object)
    6. Miguel signs with Honda Canada and rewrites all the lap records (it could happen)
    7. Brett McCormick
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by franz131 View Post
    Yes, I am, he's gonna be hard pressed to do it again for the following reasons:
    1. Brett McCormick
    2. Brett McCormick and Clint McBain
    3. Brett McCormick and Kevin Lacombe
    4. NCR fields 2 1098s with Andrew Nelson and some Italian guy
    5. Jordan Szoke beats himself (into the ground or other solid object)
    6. Miguel signs with Honda Canada and rewrites all the lap records (it could happen)
    7. Brett McCormick
    Id go with #1 and #7 if anything, but Clint, and Kevin are missing something that a champion has, that desire to go %105 to get "that" guy. Also , Yamaha was sooo close to not even running an A team this year, due to available $, it was truly a last minute thing.
    I only had a few weeks to paint everything for them.
    I dont know if it'll even happen for 09.
    .. Andrews fast too, but not everywhere, and not for a whole season.
    #6? Please, now your dreamin.
    Its a cool dream , dont get me wrong, but I cannot see Honda putting any more $ into Canadian racing than what they do now, which is didly squat. Thanks to Honda, we have 7 rounds instead of 8. They actually lose money in Canada on sportbikes, and have little to no interest here!

#1 and #7 look really good tho Franz...
    CyclePaintWorX - Booked solid until winter 2012.
    cyclepaintworx@gmail.com
    Ultimate Quality Refinishing.
    519-503-8933

there's nothing wrong with starting on satellite teams in MotoGP, in fact the bikes on the B teams have beat the A team bikes this year (Duc, Honda and Yamaha) at one point... besides, all the factory rides are spoken for anyways...

the San Carlo Gresini team has shown interest in him and made it public, it's likely that Nakano isn't going to be racing next year (test rider), I don't think the Alice bikes are spoken for, and JiR Scot and splitting up their teams... at this point if he was to go in GP he'd only get a Honda or Duc ride...

the problem with Spies as well is that there are already 3 Americans in the series, and there's likely a few guys from 250 (Kallio, Bautista, Takahashi) coming up too, Dorna likes a multi national field...

Quote Originally Posted by nokturnal View Post
    Edwards started with Aprilia... not quite a contender. Didn't it light on fire his first year? Probably did not make the top 15 once. That was 2003... then in 2004 he was with a satelite (telefonica?) honda... he did not get a factory ride until 2005, his 3rd year in motogp.

I think Spies is trying to get there sooner so HE won't be considered too old to start. They can still recognize talent on a satelite bike. Having experience with the tires, tracks and procedures will only endear him to the factory teams. In fact his lack of GP experience (250 or otherwise) is likely part of his problem.
    Colin was already a two time WORLD champion and very well known in the world scene. Unlike Ben. He went for the money after taking up the butt from Honda (kinda like Nicky and for that matter Rossi)
    The AMA is not that well known outside North America. If Ben goes to GPs or for that matter WSK and does not have results. The rest of the world will just look at him as another overrated American. If he waits for a proper ride he has a much better chance for longevity and success. This has been tried and failed before, good riders passed over wrongly. Miguel in 93 is the perfect example.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadracing World
    Rumors are flying in Europe that reigning AMA Superbike Champion Ben Spies will race for Yamaha in the 2009 FIM Superbike World Championship Series.

The team is backed by Yamaha Motor Company through its subsidiary, Yamaha Motor Europe, and is run by Yamaha Italia.

More information will be posted as it becomes available.
    Ben is clearly intent on moving to whichever world series wants him most.

I hope Suzuki gets royally screwed for passing him over for the old guy.
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

Is someone already lined up to take Biaggi's seat in 09?

steligarda?! spies might consider a "B" ride in motogp,but not in world sbk. didnt batta already offer him the gsxr?
    JUST RIDE IT.