FREE!!! – ARC Level 1 & 2 – CALABOGIE – MONDAY SEPT 22, 2008 - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FREE!!! – ARC Level 1 & 2 – CALABOGIE – MONDAY SEPT 22, 2008

Re: FREE!!! – ARC Level 1 & 2 – CALABOGIE – MONDAY SEPT 22, 2008

Hi Everyone,
    We are about 60% full as of Sat Sept 13!!

All confirmations have been made, so if you've faxed something in on/before this past Friday 5pm and havent heard from me please call 905-973-0575. Im gone for the weekend and will be checking faxes again Monday approx noon.

Thanks!!

George
    RIDE LIKE YOU WANNA LEARN

Quote Originally Posted by Arai-ko View Post
    Chris.. don't pass this up!!! This is a amazing track and one of my favorites! I do this track a least 2 full weekends a year.. a trackday back2back!...

Very challenging, technical, and fun fun fun track, so the ARC2 would be a smokin' deal to help improve anyones riding skills and a full belly after lunch to keep you going is a no brainer...

Hollar back and let me know how you liked it...
    Im already in .. just got a track bike .. im going with Elkymutt and Peca's will be there too.
    I already ran this track once already ...

Hey turn2,
    I have had a couple of track days and completed phase 1 of FAST(last season), which Level would you suggest I sign up for? I am contemplating staying in Level 1 as it is only my second full season on a bike. Can you give me any recommendations?
    Actions speak louder than words

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    Im already in .. just got a track bike .. im going with Elkymutt and Peca's will be there too.
    I already ran this track once already ...
    GIDDY UP!

Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by pecas View Post
    Hey turn2,
    I have had a couple of track days and completed phase 1 of FAST(last season), which Level would you suggest I sign up for? I am contemplating staying in Level 1 as it is only my second full season on a bike. Can you give me any recommendations?
    Id recmmned ARC 1, simply because its difficult track to learn, and we wouldnt want to overwhelm you with bike setup or racing techniques or GPS, as it takes most of the day to get comfortable with the track itself.

There are many riders signed up in the same boat as yourself, and you would be grouped with like riders, and not first timers or "ready to race" riders. Only 5 students per instructor, and with such low numbers we have lots of opportunites to shuffle people around as we see fit

George

For first time track rider bringing their own bikes, heres some typical bike prep stuff riders will need to do to their own bikes, taken off the Pro 6 website (and sligthly modified). It will be posted on our site soon:

1. MANDATORY: All motorcycles MUST use water instead of antifreeze type coolant (Water Wetter & Distilled water is recommended). This is non-negotiable and includes the liquid contained in the reservoir. If your bike crashes and we find coolant in the system, the rider will be responsible for track clean-up fees.

2. All motorcycles MUST display a number on at least the front, and preferably on both sides of the rear of the motorcycle. The number must be easily seen and distinguishable from a distance (8" numbers are recommended).

3. Tires and brakes must be in good condition. We usually have on-site tire service, allowing for the opportunity to install replacement tires to pass tech. Please call to confirm.

4. All glass, headlights, taillights, turn signals, and plastic lenses must be taped over or removed. The headlights and taillights must not visibly shine through the tape. It is recommended that all light fuses be removed.

5. Side mirrors must be removed. Taping over of mirrors is not permitted.

6. We recommend, but do not require, removal of centre or side stands. Bikes with side stands should have strong springs to insure that the kickstand cannot come down accidentally. If springs are weak or worn, the stand must be zip-tied or safety-wired into place.

7. All machines must have an operational handlebar mounted kill switch/button and self-closing throttle in good working condition.

8. Sprockets must be in good condition and chain wear must not be notable.

9. We will check for excessive play on the following bearings: front + rear wheels, steering stem, and swingarm. All bearings must be tight and not have any "clicking" noises.

Quote Originally Posted by turn2 View Post
    Id recmmned ARC 1, simply because its difficult track to learn, and we wouldnt want to overwhelm you with bike setup or racing techniques or GPS, as it takes most of the day to get comfortable with the track itself.

There are many riders signed up in the same boat as yourself, and you would be grouped with like riders, and not first timers or "ready to race" riders. Only 5 students per instructor, and with such low numbers we have lots of opportunites to shuffle people around as we see fit

George
    Thank you..I was leaning toward that. I've heard Calabogie is a very technical track. I'll send in my registration.
    Actions speak louder than words

.. doooooowitttttttt .. you know you wanna ..

Come out and play, a few of us are considering going to do this.

You goin for sure?
    DUNLOP GP-A Trackday Special !! 219.99$ a set!

Quote Originally Posted by Recidivist View Post
    You goin for sure?
    Yeppers ...

Reg. faxed in today!
    Gixxer 750

Yep .. elkymutt and i are going. Possibly lighta too ...
    Quote Originally Posted by pecas View Post
    Hey Inferno! Are you going? Looks like I will be there!
    Form and payment has been faxed! Im so excited for this

Anyone have space on a trailer? I'd really like to attend this but would need a little help getting there. Will gladly split gas costs, send me a pm ASAP so I can book my spot.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiN View Post
    Anyone have space on a trailer? I'd really like to attend this but would need a little help getting there. Will gladly split gas costs, send me a pm ASAP so I can book my spot.

Cheers.
    PM sent ..

07SV650S

So I emailed and called turn2 but no answer yet and its getting close. So I will pose my questions here and hopefully someone can answer my questions.

Hi I have an 07 SV650S. If I show up the 22nd with my bike and gear would your staff (or anyone else here) lend me tools/tape/number to take off mirrors and tape lights and mark my bike? Also would I have to predrain my rad fluid before I get there or can I get someone there to do that as well? Also can we adjust my spring loads when im there or should I try to get it right before I go?
    Of course im entering the novice group if it isnt obvious yet.
    I see on your website that you have the 21st and 22nd marked is the price 210$+tax for both days. Can I even show up both days?
    What time am I required to be there?

Also can I just show up the day of and pay and register then?

Quote Originally Posted by 07SV650S View Post
    So I emailed and called turn2 but no answer yet and its getting close. So I will pose my questions here and hopefully someone can answer my questions.

Hi I have an 07 SV650S. If I show up the 22nd with my bike and gear would your staff (or anyone else here) lend me tools/tape/number to take off mirrors and tape lights and mark my bike?

Also would I have to predrain my rad fluid before I get there or can I get someone there to do that as well?

Also can we adjust my spring loads when im there or should I try to get it right before I go?

I see on your website that you have the 21st and 22nd marked is the price 210$+tax for both days. Can I even show up both days?

Also can I just show up the day of and pay and register then?

I brought a bag with a few tools and my own tape, I would suggest u do the same. And show up with a full tank of gas. Yes predrain, u won't have time at the track.

Also can we adjust my spring loads when im there or should I try to get it right before I go?
    -----------
    You don't need to worry about that, u won't be on the limit in ARC 1 anyway.

-----------
    One is in Mosport and the other in Calabogie, if u pay I imagine u could do both. Get there for 8am.

Also can I just show up the day of and pay and register then?[/quote]
    -----------
    Not the best idea, u should pre-register.
    Last edited by jaymeister; 09-17-2008 at 09:44 AM.

My first track day in over 20 years i'm excited and glad to be doing it with George. Anyone have trailer space? Mega NOVICE

See you all there, so looking forward to getting out there on my own bike this time around.

It will be good to see you Simon and Lita, even better we'll be sharing the same track experience. Oh and don't worry simon, I'll remember to bring your bungie cord net.

How you getting there mate? I may have to ride up if your interested.

Hope you are taking some days off man, I actually secured a spot on Infernobuster's trailer. He was kind enough to offer me a spot and a lift.

Form and credit card info faxed, see you guys monday.
    GTAM- your #1 stop for internet tough guys