"Loud Pipes" - Saturday's Wheels Section - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Loud Pipes" - Saturday's Wheels Section

Re: "Loud Pipes" - Saturday's Wheels Section

Quote Originally Posted by TYBALT71 View Post
    I was most of the night, didnt hear from you??????? you didnt come over and introduce your self.
    Obviously it wasnt you. Whats your point?
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    Just out of curiousity, do you know the definition of jaywalking? I find most people are incorrect in their understanding of that law.
    respectively, i don't care, Im not interested in some virtual lawyer who is going to share their comprehension/interpretation or understanding of the said law, the point is, its a law and i am willing to bet on a daily basis this "JAYWALKING" is the most abused offense out there because we are all guilty of it.

Quote Originally Posted by HyoSilver View Post
    Obviously it wasnt you. Whats your point?
    you didnt hear my bike then

So you have no problem if your neighbour blasts annoying rap music at 180db at 3am right? Why should I or anybody else tolerate something that is intrusive and obnoxious?
    What do you have against RAP MUSIC? i would be offended that my neighbor didnt invite me to the party, thats offensive

"you can find me in DA CLUB" Can i get a "WHAT WHAT"

respectively, i don't care,
    You don't care? But you used it as an example?? Hokey dokey then..
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

"Loud Pipes Save Lives"

I love seeing this on the helmet of a biker all dressed in black without any reflective gear...

exactly, it is intrusive or obnoxious to him. and maybe a few others, but not the general consensus
    And you know that how exactly?

and i can tell you i am a LOUD PIPE whore on all my bikes i have owned over the years
    We are lucky to have you...

Quote Originally Posted by Kool View Post
    Would pay money to see you tell the next biker you see that you are annoyed at the sound of his pipes and are going to report him....lmao. He'll use you as a ******...dude.
    No, he won't. He won't hear anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 01cbr View Post
    But its cool for super sports to have loud exhausts because you dont find them offensive?
    I cannot speak for HyoSilver, but in my experience of hearing bikes, there is a difference between a loud-piped cruiser and a SS. Loud cruisers give me pain. SS's don't. While I doubt that super sport's exhaust is nearly as loud as that of a loud cruiser, it is also the characteristics of the sound itself that makes the difference. Even if the volume was the same, the humming of an SS is much more tolerable than the hammer drill sound of a cruiser.

Keep it up people. It won't be long before the next bill to be read in parliament is something along the lines of "It is illegal to alter the stock exhaust system on any motorized vehicle operating on public highways".

http://motorcycles.about.com/b/2007/...e-exhausts.htm
    Semper ubi sub ubi

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    I cannot speak for HyoSilver, but in my experience of hearing bikes, there is a difference between a loud-piped cruiser and a SS. Loud cruisers give me pain. SS's don't. While I doubt that super sport's exhaust is nearly as loud as that of a loud cruiser, it is also the characteristics of the sound itself that makes the difference. Even if the volume was the same, the humming of an SS is much more tolerable than the hammer drill sound of a cruiser.

Thats in your opinion.........people seem to forget that when it comes to these issues.

Thats in your opinion.........people seem to forget that when it comes to these issues.
    Yeah..in all seriousness, I like all engines with the right exhaust on them. I don't even mind Harley motors with a nice exhaust. I mean, I AM a tech guy. But there's a limit. Unmuffled motors, for the most part, don't sound great. And straight pipe Harley's really don't sound great. It is a personal preference. I'm currently riding an R6 with a race can on it and, while I enjoy listening to it, I know it's irritating my neighbours and other people.

One of the things I don't get is noise and race tracks. Like I say, I'm a tech guy..I like somewhat loud exhausts, but if a track may be closed because of loud exhausts, would you prefer to see it close rather than run a stock can? That's a mentality I just don't get. The can makes almost no difference to horsepower. BrianP has it right..in the long run, it's a problem we'll pay for.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

I dont think anybody is saying not to swap out the factory pipes for something that makes the bike sound a little more aggressive. I have a slip on for my bike to make it sound a little deeper. When I move to cruisers I would most likely get set of pipes as well. The point is it has to be within reason. The pipes I heard on Sat were some of the most obnoxious and intrusive crap I have ever heard. The dude literally had the people on the patio covering their ears.

This is not a matter of opinion, but direct experience. Not everything that I experience is an opinion.
    Last edited by El Zilcho; 09-09-2008 at 07:29 AM.

Although I agree with your point about babies crying being more annoying then loud pipes it is a particularly poor analogy. Loud pipes are illegal and babies are not. It can be argued that is should be illegal for some people to continue their bloodline but...

Clearly any rational thinking person will understand that "loud pipes save lives" is not true. It is an excuse. I'd prefer for people to just say I like loud pipes and I don't care if it annoys other people. And it does. From my own observations it really annoys pretty much anybody who is not a motor head.

If you are correct about the fact that the general public associates motorcycles with LOUD NOISE then we as motorcyclists are in trouble. Instead of just going after LOUD motorcycles they will go after all motorcycles because all motorcycles are loud. Are they not?

For you personally it annoys you, get over it, dont speak on behalf of the general public, Bikes have been around forever and so have LOUD exhaust, guess what, they know motorcycles go hand and hand with being LOUD, its not news. I personally think screaming/crying babies in the shopping line or restaurant is more aggravating and annoying, but hey i am not going to start a revolution over it and have babies banned from public places am i because its an annoyance to others ? its a small inconvience and i will tolerate it until they leave or i do or the motorcycle passes by and leaves.
    Thomas Jefferson said "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty".

I am sorry but if your pipes start bothering and annoying other people then the people have the right to say the pipes are to loud. Thats why we have noice pollution laws. Having your loud obnoxious pipes infringing on my conversations and interactions warrants "whining/complaining".
    hahahaha ... you can't be serious

The general public hates sportbikes in general because the perception is that they are hooligans causing trouble, speeding and stunting all over the place ... I guess we should get rid of sport bikes too right?

Motorcycle whether quiet, loud, shiney or ugly bother people ... if we got rid of everything that bothered people, you would never leave the house

exactly, it is intrusive or obnoxious to him. and maybe a few others, but not the general consensus . and i dont care if it is, let the police deal with me and issue me a ticket for excessive noise, FYI been riding 20+ years and never ever ever have i recieved a ticket for that offence and i can tell you i am a LOUD PIPE whore on all my bikes i have owned over the years, the loudest, badazz pipes out there, i have owned them from BASSANI, OLD AND NEW YOSH, TSUKIGI etc......... and i wont stop even if i get a ticket(s) I love them , its the way a motorcycle should sound, VROOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM, mean!!!!!!!!
    PREACH IT BROTHER!

If it's too loud, you're too old ...

Quote Originally Posted by sinic View Post
    hahahaha ... you can't be serious

The general public hates sportbikes in general because the perception is that they are hooligans causing trouble, speeding and stunting all over the place ... I guess we should get rid of sport bikes too right?

Motorcycle whether quiet, loud, shiney or ugly bother people ... if we got rid of everything that bothered people, you would never leave the house
    What part of there is a noise pollution law do you not understand? And stop speaking for the general public like you know something. Because you have no clue what the general public thinks. There are no laws passed against sport or cruiser bikes. There is a law against loud obnoxious exhaust pipes whether they are on a cruiser or sport bike.

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    ... and I find loud sport bikes more annoying than cruisers. I find the high pitched whine especially grating on my ears ...

What's your point?

One type of noise is good and one isn't? That's illogical

Either you support the right for aftermarket pipes or you don't ... to base your argument on one is better than the other is absolutely daft

What part of there is a noise pollution law do you not understand? And stop speaking for the general public like you know something. Because you have no clue what the general public thinks. There are no laws passed against sport or cruiser bikes. There is a law against loud obnoxious exhaust pipes whether they are on a cruiser or sport bike.
    and what makes you an expert on the general public? Do you have some inside information that I don't know about

Your argument is as speculative as mine ... don't call me out like you know something.

You have made a lot of assumptions in this thread ... yet there is no evidence to back any of it up

Yes, there is a law against loud pipes ... but it is rarely enforced. There is also a law against bicycles blow through stop signs, but people do it anyway and I have never seen that enforced. BAN BICYCLES ... THEY ARE BREAKING THE LAW!